Thread: Nightmare in Vegas - bug?

Nightmare in Vegas - bug?

Possible teeny, tiny spoilers.

Nothing more than revealing an attraction of the level.

You know where there's that T-Rex in a cage? Well, after a bit of running around I returned to the cage and he was GONE... Then I open the doors by the swimming pool and go out onto the street, surely enough as I predicted, T-Rex running around!
    I take it this is a bug, aye? He shouldn't be out there?

I've got a date with that 'orrible great lizard tomorrow, gonna bust a cap in his big green butt because he ate Laz when I was playing it earlier!
    Blessed is the man who sells his soul to the devil and the cheque bounces...

Post a screenshot if you still can. Be interesting to see this. There is a site somewhere (www.tombraider.hu) I think that documents bugs in the game. They have a whole section dedicated to screenshots with big bugs in them.

Sure, here ya go.

He's supposed to be out. Running around in the parking lot.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

Ah yes, finished that level now, it all makes sense... Just seemed kinda strange to have random dinosaurs running around in the street, that's all!

May I ask what part of Nightmare in Vegas you find to make sense? Core clearly had a lot of fun with that.
    signature image
    I am Set, god of chaos and the desert. I add to the balance of the world. Without chaos and destruction, there is no peace and harmony.

Ok, I'm going to sound really ignorant here, but what TR game is this level from? I don't recall ever seeing it.
    This signature has been banned by the department of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Koopa
    May I ask what part of Nightmare in Vegas you find to make sense? Core clearly had a lot of fun with that.
    CORE did not make Nightmare in Las Vegas.
    It was part of Tomb Raider 2 Gold levels.
    The Gold Levels were made in Eidos' Internal Development department.
    Specifically, Phil Campbell, Rebecca Shearin and Kris Renkewitz made it.

The Nightmare in Las Vegas level was suppose to be a "dream".
    It was initially made only in black and white and Lara was going to be the only thing in color (see image attached). But the Smith brothers saw the level just as the game was going to "press" and went "What the Hell is going on here? Put some color in it!! And what is going on with Lara?? She looks like Peg Bundy (from Married with Children)!! Change it!!"
    So Rebecca had one week to add color to the whole level (the game was shipping in a week and Phil and Kris had already left for a vacation ). That's why there is so much black and white in the level.
    BTW, Phil always said that there should be a dinosaur in every Tomb Raider game.

That's interesting m44, thanks for sharing. I still think it was a pretty fun game, much like all of the levels in the expansions. The Lost Artifact is a prime example of a fine game, and IMO it's much more enjoyable and has a greater replay value than the base game, Tomb Raider 3.

Wish you guys could still work on new expansions.

Thanks for that Maniac, as Nightmare in Vegas is still one of my all time favourite Tomb Raider levels. And I have to agree with Phil on the dinos

George....

You ever find that Easter Egg I told you about?????

Maniac, I've just this morning spent another hour in that room. I must have spent a whole week of my life in there. I reckon I could climb up and down that room from top to bottom with a blindfold on. My current savegame has clocked up over 10 hours of gameplay in that one level and this is about my 3rd or 4th savegame.

I keep getting these visions of some mad level designer laughing maniacally every time he thinks of me running around exploded rooms

But I'm patient . . .

One more clue please, does it matter if you flip the room or not?

And while we're on the subject of TR2 Gold, what's with these pickups?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver
    One more clue please, does it matter if you flip the room or not?

Nope.

It's a good one. Also, unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver

And while we're on the subject of TR2 Gold, what's with these pickups?

I'm not sure what they are. I didn't work on TR2 Gold.
    You'd have to ask Phil.

Dear Phillip

Have you any idea how many times poor Lara's bones have crumpled trying to get down there . . . ?

But there is a way to reach them!

http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/wa.../coldwar2.html

That's unbelievable! Thanks Treeble mate, those pickups have driven me mad for years!

I know that feeling all too well.

It's part of what I love about Tomb Raider.