Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Work for Square Enix/in the gaming industry!

Work for Square Enix/in the gaming industry!

Work for Square Enix/in the gaming industry!

I don't know if this is the right section
    Sorry I'm new here*
    I've been an avid Final Fantasy fan since i'm young
    I would love and dream to be a scenario writer for final fantasy
    I've search all over the internet but i couldn't find a way how...

You can apply for any positions available in our careers section found at the bottom of the site here. However, this is the NA listing, and we don't hire scenario writers for our games here. *

If you're looking to be a writer for FINAL FANTASY video games, the experience required typically is that you live in Japan and speak Japanese, as has historically been all past scenario writers. If you're interested in localization and speak Japanese, and can move to Japan, you might find an opportunity at our SQUARE ENIX Japan offices.

PM me fanfics.*

Thanks for the reply MR. PEELER*

I actually did first look at the careers section and yes, I am currently studying Animation in a technical school near me.*

@FatSQueek

I am starting to type it in my laptop now as the only copy I have is *hand-written. Sorry for that.

hype

I think I'ts ok that i'll just post it in here.... It&rsquo;s only the first parts just to give you an idea of my work. I apologize if you see any grammatical errors. This is only fan fiction.<o></o>

Opening:*<o></o>

Anyone is capable to think... To think has no boundaries&hellip; It is limitless. <o></o>

And that what creates the dream&hellip; To stop dreaming is a fear&hellip; Fear creates a boundary reaching your dream.<o></o>

Dream as high and as far as you could&hellip; because dreams are free. <o></o>

Your dream is what gives you the drive&hellip; till you reach the finality of your dreams&hellip; And that is&hellip; the fantasy of all the dreamers&hellip;<o></o>

Will you take a step forward? There is no holding back&hellip; This is&hellip;Final Fantasy&hellip;<o></o>

CHAPTER 1: The Beginning <o></o>

Part I: Fate intertwined<o></o>

Feist, a 19 year old young man who is in search of the Eidolon Phoenix. The <st1:city w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Phoenix</st1lace></st1:city> is said to bring back the life of a long dead person. He is in a mission to revive his older brother who died in sickness a year ago. On his travel, he reached Valfolia, the capital city of the Herod region. Peace has been long known in Valfolia after the bloody war called &ldquo;War of the Red Moon&rdquo; 300 years ago. Valfolia is ruled by a queen. She had a 13year old son named Rayli who is really not into ruling kingdoms and being a prince. She also had a 18 year old daughter named Linea, she is very responsible and most people said she is very like her mother, a woman with elegance.
    It was a festival when Feist came to Valfolia. There are crowds of cheering townsmen with their heads high up gazing to the royal family. *Feist asked a townsman what is the celebration for. The townsman cried, &ldquo;It is the feast on the day of the victory in the Red Moon war&rdquo;. Feist started his search on the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Phoenix</st1lace></st1:city>. He heard people talking, &ldquo;The phoenix rise above the sky with it&rsquo;s burning wings to revive all the warriors that died in the war. It was such a great advantage! They became invincible.&rdquo; An old man told him that the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Phoenix</st1lace></st1:city> is inside the castle sleeping on a chamber. Feist came then came across an idea of using the sewers to reach the inside of the castle. Night comes Feist goes inside the sewers he fought some weak mud monsters along the way. He saw a child getting attacked by a bunch number of the slimes. He then came in and fight to help him. Feist leaves him after but the child follows him and says he can help him go inside the castle. Feist wondered on the child&rsquo;s presumptive conclusion on what he is doing in the sewer but he then agree for his help. The child really knows a lot and help him even past through the guards of the castle. They made it inside the castle. It was so silent and guards are still on there usual duties. Sneaking around they made it to the upper floor where it is safe to talk. Rayli asks, &ldquo;You&rsquo;re now inside the castle. Are you going to steal?&rdquo;. Feist answers him directly that he was looking for the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Phoenix</st1lace></st1:city>. Rayli answered, &ldquo;I had read so many stuffs about it but I actually don&rsquo;t know on where exactly it is.&rdquo; But he suddenly got an idea on where it could be. Rayli then accompany him to the higher levels of the castle. They pass by on the room of his sister. Her sister notices a shadow passes by concluding it was her brother she then followed it. *Till they reach a secret passage at the back of the throne room leading to the outside part of the castle. It is an open area where the whole Valfollia can be seen. It has a small bridge leading to an old-looking chamber. Rayli touched the door like he has known how to open it. Inside were markings of all the Eidolons with weird writings that can&rsquo;t be read by normal people. Linea then enters the room. Linea, &ldquo;Rayli, what are you doing here? You know this is a sacred place&hellip; (Notices Feist) Are you trying to kidnap my brother?&rdquo; Rayli then revealed he is a prince. Rayli defended Feist that he was just paying him back when he saved him at the sewers. Feist explained to Linea he was just looking for the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Phoenix</st1lace></st1:city> but Linea denies such eidolon existed in the castle. Linea with a serious face says, &ldquo;You may leave now&hellip; or I&rsquo;ll call the guards and order them to take off your head.&rdquo; Feist replied, &ldquo;That&rsquo;s just too rude for you my majesty to offer on your guest.&rdquo; Linea was disgusted. She answered, &ldquo;Our guests do not enter the castle through the skewers&hellip; Enough of this nonsense&hellip; I&rsquo;ll be calling the guards.&rdquo; Linea runs to the door but unable to open it. Linea then turns back on Rayli. Linea cried, &ldquo;How could you lead him here Rayli! You know this room is forbidden and sacred. Open this door now! Tell me how you opened the door.&rdquo; Rayli is ignoring his sister became so attached on the markings and inscriptions on the wall. Suddenly the wall lights up when he touches it. Rayli become so interested. He then touches the inscriptions and it all lighted up. Linea cried, &ldquo;What are you doing? Stop that immediately.&rdquo; The room moves. All the markings lighted up then the room is filled with glaring light. The light shines all around Valfolia. Then suddenly it all became pitch black. <o></o>

Part II: The Dark War<o></o>

*********** They then all wake up lying on the floor. Linea stood up. Linea cried, &ldquo;This is all your fault Rayli. Our mother is going to be devastated on what happen.&rdquo; Rayli opens the door. They notice the noises coming from outside. They reach to the bridge looking at the entire city of <st1:city w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Valfolia</st1lace></st1:city>. They saw fire and smoke all over the city, people shouting and screaming, townsmen fighting for their lives, knights and soldiers carrying bloodied swords and spears, houses collapsing and explosions everywhere. Rayli, &ldquo;A war has started?&rdquo; Linea, &ldquo;What is happening?&rdquo; Feist, &ldquo;We better check out.&rdquo; Linea with a raised voice exclaim, &ldquo;You are not going anywhere until I call the soldiers to capture you.&rdquo; Feist, &ldquo;Like I am letting you do that&rdquo;. The castle door opens. Rayli, &ldquo;Someone is coming.&rdquo; A knight came out and runs towards them. While she is pointing at Feist, &ldquo;Capture that man he intrude the sacred ground.&rdquo; Feist, &ldquo;I don&rsquo;t think it is going after me&rdquo; Feist pushes back Linea at the side of the bridge. The knight slashes on the floor where Linea was a second ago. Rayli, &ldquo;It doesn&rsquo;t look like a soldier from the castle.&rdquo; Feist pushes the knight down on the floor notices it is not a human inside the armor but it looked like a decaying dead man. Linea on the floor says, &ldquo;That symbol&hellip; It looks very familiar.&rdquo; Feist cried, &ldquo;Let&rsquo;s run!&rdquo; They run while the knight is still trying to stand up. They went inside the castle. It was burning everywhere. When a knight sees them it runs after them trying to kill them. When a large group of knights come to attack them a man with long black hair came to rescue. He then tells them to run to the hole on the wall. It shows like the man is looking mostly at Linea. Linea was also staring at him. Feist, &ldquo;He saved us.&rdquo; He notices Linea staring at him. Linea, &ldquo;He looks mysterious. Who is he?&rdquo; They go out through a hole in the wall. It leads to the outskirts of Valfolia. There were many children, old people and women all over the small alley they went through. They were just silent, freezing and waiting while there is a war on the other side of Valfolia. *The people keep staring at them. Feist, &ldquo;I think your dress is attracting them.&rdquo; *Rayli, &ldquo;The situation here&hellip;It looks like a war has started for a long time already.&rdquo; Linea, &ldquo;This is really confusing. (Asked an oldman) Tell me, who were the knights attacking Valfolia?&rdquo; Oldman replied, &ldquo;Are you a fool?! Everybody knows that they are the Redmoon army. That&rsquo;s why they call it the war of the Redmoon. Fool&hellip;.&rdquo; Feist, &ldquo;So that is what happened. We time traveled back at the time of war of the Redmoon. And that chamber we got into has a time traveling magic. That&rsquo;s just so weird that no one of you knows it.&rdquo; Linea, &ldquo;It was forbidden for us to know&hellip;&rdquo; Rayli, &ldquo;So we need to go back there and light up the markings again.&rdquo; Linea, &ldquo;With all those knights trying to butcher us to death we will die as soon as we get there.&rdquo; Feist, &ldquo;Then we will ask for help there must be somebody who can help us.&rdquo; *As they were exploring the ruined streets, Feist noticed that it is weird that no fighting is happening at this part of Valfolia and street openings are blocked by boulders and scraps of wood. When they reach an open corner lizard monsters appears and ambush them. After two battles, the lizards keep on coming two soldiers came to their rescue. After the battle they introduce themselves: the big guy with more fat than muscles was Buds, the sexy lady with pony tail hair introduce herself as Ali. Linea then asks them if they could help them as the two walks away. Ali turns around and says they need to clear up the way first. And help them later on. They gave them a sword, rapier, and a dagger. The party of Linea, Rayli and Feist needs to clear up the path so that the children and old people can walk through and help them escape. After Feist tells them they need to reach the upper part of the castle. Buds exclaimed that the center of Valfolia is already taken by the Red moons, especially the castle they already win and the people must leave immediately. Linea felt shocked on what he says. He then told them to gather all survivors at the escape point. They gather some survivors and accompany them on the escape route. On the escape route, there were large chocobos with a carriage at there back that can occupy about seven people. Some people had already leaved immediately. Linea was so hesitant to leave. Then suddenly on the crowd, people started screaming. Feist looks at his back on what it was it was a humanoid creature slashing through the crowd of people. The townsman at Linea&rsquo;s side is hit by an arrow. They stare above on where it came from it was a woman with very long silvery hair with a bowgun aiming at them. She wears a sophisticated looking mask. The crowd got panic. People rides on the carriage even it is already full it snapped out the chocobo leaves without the carriage and the people falls. Some of the carriages burn up from the masked woman&rsquo;s fire arrows. Ali and Buds called them to ride at their carriage Linea was so shock that she is unable to move. Feist then carries her on the carriage. The carriage leaves immediately with some people left behind. As they got far from the castle, Linea suddenly shouts noticing that Rayli is not on the carriage. Feist holds her arm to keep her from falling as she wants to go back. <o></o>

After a while, they reach a small town called Hirsche.*<o></o>

You did make me remember Final Fantasy tatics and Tatics of Ogre.

@silvergol

thanks. Yeh, I really made it like that but it isn't a rip off. If you'll read the other chapters you'll have this nostalgia on most FF titles.

Working for Square Enix?

i wonder if there is any jobs. i dont mind being a guinea pig for square enix or sony for any virtual reality stuff even if i have to dissappear for awhile jus aslong as my family was supported im all for it how about it square

List of all current job openings within Square Enix can be found in the following locations my friend:

http://tbe.taleo.net/CH01/ats/career...ARE_ENIX&cws=1

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/jobs

http://www.square-enix.com/na/careers/visualworks/

Eidos-Montréal looking for a new Community Manager
    – do you have what it takes to Tweet like a pro?

Take the Square Enix Dragon Quest story writing test
    (Siliconera)
    on top of submitting a resume, all applicants have to send two writing samples. The first is an essay about what you think of the Dragon Quest series and the second is a short story with an escape theme.

Mentor

Dear Square Enix Staff,

I am a 25 Year old male soldier of the United States Military and about to separate from service in the near future. My intent on this forum post is that it will eventually reach the eyes of some one who can assist me. Currently, I am seeking ways to launch myself into a career field of Software Development with a dream of being part of a team focused on developing Games.

My goal is to achieve Career where not only do I work on the development of a Game but take part in the process for creating the story and the leg work it takes to make that story come to life through developing the software itself. I am looking for guidance and ideas on how to turn a dream like this into reality and what better way than to ask those who are experts in the field I wish to be apart of. If by some chance this message reaches the desired location, I would love to get feedback or have a mentor that can help me, figure out what it takes to get to that level.

Sincerely,

Dragon Lotus ( AKA: Kesinoua)

Wanted: Community Manager
    ― become one of us!

Wink Jobs

Hello, I am wondering how i can get a job with Square Enix. I am currently a student of the University of Manitoba studying psychology. The reason why I am coming to Square for a job is because of my immense compassion for the video game series final fantasy, as I'm sure I am not alone, I am wondering how I can go about getting involved with this video game Franschise if it is at all possible, I don't want to sound like a n00b but I'm asking because I'm not lieing to myself anymore, i have been a fan of the series since chrono trigger and the rest doesnt have to be mentioned. Any help on how to apply, what kind of experience I need, etc, would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you go to the main square-enix (north america) website, at the very bottom there will be a link for job opportunities. (FYI - this is standard for pretty much any company you are interested in working) Best of luck, to you!

thanks

Originally Posted by ;34764
    I don't know if this is the right section
    Sorry I'm new here*
    I've been an avid Final Fantasy fan since i'm young
    I would love and dream to be a scenario writer for final fantasy
    I've search all over the internet but i couldn't find a way how...
    I once got a submission package, it was shot down by marketing apparently. Too good idea I guess. Some guy named Nero or something. Maybe they will still send submission kits.

Ever fancied getting paid to game?
    - Who hasn't?! Well, it's your lucky day: We're recruiting elite GMs for FF XI and XIV!

Crystal Dynamics: Open Positions
    - We're always on the look out for top talent.

We have many open positions for programmers on the Deus Ex franchise/Universe!
    - Have a look!

Are you a video game animator?
    - Apply now and work with us!

Crystal Dynamict are hiring a Graphics Engineer!
    - Come render with us!

Square Enix Recruiting Staff For A New Studio That Will Focus On Console RPGs (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix are currently looking to recruit staff who will be part of the core members for a new studio that will focus on RPGs for consoles.

Square Enix Are Recruiting More Staff To Help With Kingdom Hearts III (Siliconera)
    - Last we heard, Square Enix were conducting a survey for Kingdom Hearts games, and while we don’t know how far along they are in development for Kingdom Hearts III, they are recruiting staff to develop the game.

Osaka Team Recruiting for Technical Artist & Network Programmer for Kingdom Hearts 3! (KHInsider)
    - Square Enix's Osaka Branch has listed another job opening for a Technical Artist for Kingdom Hearts III who would be responsible for creating high quality interface graphics, field effects (e.g. water, rain, snow) and special effects with the game engine's shader.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last