Thread: Unimpressive

Unimpressive

Unimpressive

So I finally bought this game because the xbox has so little left to offer with the 360 out.

This game reminds me of Time Crisis (that horrible awful old light-gun game). It's too arcade-like. The Cookie-cutter enemies are very predictable. The graphics aren't up to snuff by today's standards, either. Really, it feels like a game that should have been released five years ago - back then it would have been acceptable, but today...doesn't cut it.

Great idea using real actors in the television news mission set-ups. This was really well done - the woman playing the anchor did an exceptional job.

Also, the riot shield was a cool idea, and worked well enough.

Overall, a decent idea for a game but needed far more thought-provoking gameplay, better graphics, much more variety, and less of a hell-bent attitude toward arcade like action. Basically, needs to be a completely different game

5/10

wow!!! i would definately have to disagree. i would say the graphics are up to par. yea maybe the guns are a bit arcadish but i would not say it brings the game up overall i would rate the game an 8.
    i would rate the game a 9 or even a 10 if the online were more busy, but i cant complain i can meet up with me m8s and around but i personally think it's a funn game

the graphics are not that great but this definetely a fun game. especially online. its not perfect but its pretty good.
    www.bf2home.com

im surprised to hear so many people say the graphics are bad i think there prett ygood not the best i've seen but i think it fits the game type the guns are somwhat grainy i have payed that much attention to the miscellanious graphics but next time i go on i'll post here and give u a solid answer!

Originally Posted by agentNW
    im surprised to hear so many people say the graphics are bad i think there prett ygood not the best i've seen but i think it fits the game type the guns are somwhat grainy i have payed that much attention to the miscellanious graphics but next time i go on i'll post here and give u a solid answer!

i really like this game but lets be honest the graphics are not good at all. compare it to bf2 or cod2. there not even close. but that doesnt take away from the game.
    www.bf2home.com

Graphics are kool and the online play even better

I actually picked this up for the PS2, I really liked how it was kinda arcade-y, it made it that much more fun to play: I had just finished MGS3 for...like the fourth time, you need a bit of ridiculous gun action once in a while.

I too have to disagree. The graphics are pretty decent for the time the game was released. However, graphics don't make a good game - if you don't have anything keeping you into the game, who cares if you can see your reflection in a pool of blood?

Also, the guns...yes, they do seem pretty arcade-ish. However, when you consider that you are playing the role of a SWAT-like character, it does make the weapons somewhat understandable.

I loved how there was a "news broadcast" for the mission briefings - it was a nice touch tht really hasn't been seen since. Another nice touch was the way that they made it so you had to work with others(the EMTs / firefighters) to complete your objectives at times.

I think that a sequel would rock, but chances are Eidos won't make another UC:RR title....