Thread: FFXIV: Login Issues

FFXIV: Login Issues

Originally Posted by Krank44
    This is why it never pays to be an early adopter.
    How many MMO launches have run smoothly at release? a mere handful, yet ppl are always surprised that they find themselves in situations like this when entering a new(ish) highly anticipated MMO in the first few weeks.
    I want to play the game, but there is no way on earth I'm going to put myself through the same crap as alot of other players are going though right now.
    The game will still be around in a months time, and I won't have raged at Square Enix over a silly little game, my nerves won't be frayed, I won't have sat there for hrs on end trying to beat a queue.
    As for poor release date, well thats down to Square Enix, there is more than one country that has this game live within it, again it's ppl not taking note of what has happened in the past on far too many occassions, live and learn and just be patient when that new MMO is releasing, I know for some kids out there it's probably the end of their world if they can't create a character on their chosen world with their friends, no doubt they are now giving mum and dad nothing but grief and stomping around the house.
    As for me well it's off to play some random F2P MMO for a month until the dust settles, have fun.
    Atleast the MMO that's beatin most MMO's World of Warcraft (which yes had a sort of rough launch servers crashing what not but they had them up and running and better faster than these guys)has 2 simple things such as a Queue to get into the world not just a hahaha world's full keep spamming. Also a Freakin AFK timer so people who've been logged in since launch will get offline lol.

[QUOTE=Krank44;62569]This is why it never pays to be an early adopter.
    How many MMO launches have run smoothly at release? a mere handful, yet ppl are always surprised that they find themselves in situations like this when entering a new(ish) highly anticipated MMO in the first few weeks.
    I want to play the game, but there is no way on earth I'm going to put myself through the same crap as alot of other players are going though right now.
    The game will still be around in a months time, and I won't have raged at Square Enix over a silly little game, my nerves won't be frayed, I won't have sat there for hrs on end trying to beat a queue.
    As for poor release date, well thats down to Square Enix, there is more than one country that has this game live within it, again it's ppl not taking note of what has happened in the past on far too many occassions, live and learn and just be patient when that new MMO is releasing, I know for some kids out there it's probably the end of their world if they can't create a character on their chosen world with their friends, no doubt they are now giving mum and dad nothing but grief and stomping around the house.
    As for me well it's off to play some random F2P MMO for a month until the dust settles, have fun.[/QUOTE

troll the forums instead?

Originally Posted by DeathLotus
    How the can you sit here and say that it had "more interest then intended".
    Quite easily actually, yoshida's words himself.

You need to take a chill pill mate.

Originally Posted by Nangasaur
    Come to the JP servers. Plenty are allowing new characters, and the connection isn't bad at all, even from the US. After spending the last 4 hours trying to get on my NA server, I gave up. Starting over fresh beats continuing the frustration.
    what part of the us are you from? also how are the people on those servers, like do they talk in japanese or is it just that the servers are there sorry i know its kinda a dumb thing to ask

I know its my own fault for not checking forums etc of game before buying it but atm i regret it horribly - wasted 20 euro - maybe in future when they deal with it and i actually will be ackle to even CREATE char on EU server not tlaking about p;aying it i may change my mind - but atm this is worst EU mmorpg launch i have ever seen - even WoW 4 hour que times when expansions launches are nothign compared to it cause there u have to of low pop server which u can create ur char on - here ALL both EU and NA servers are closed for me atm - first impression really terrible - and if SE want to show their customers they care some heads need to roll for it cause what is it now is a disaster - to tell a paying customer that ull have to wait few days to even create a char ... im not sure if i wont just sell this game on e bay by the time they generously open server - rea;;y rea;;y terrible launch - and for people who compare it to D3 - D3 had bad first 3 days and here people are already experiencing it for a week - maybe they are shipping those servers cheap from taiwan or something cause if any buisness company would deliver faulty product liek this they would be pushed of the marked imidiately - really terrible impression and disgusting taste will stay for a long time even if it will be great game - shame it could been so great ended up totaly terribly -_- they will make milions on games and loose people who after free 30 days will be over will just cba to deal with this crap -_-

Rolleyes squeenix login text box too small to fit my username

so my username is too long to fit in the tiny ass text box they have on the FFXIV log in. what do I do? get a shorter name?

regardless of who is at fault...it's still ridiculous having to try and log in for hours!!!

I Did .. got to 11 .. went back to see if i could finaly enter my NA server only to find No way and now everyone has filled the JP servers that couldnt get on their own.. NOw i can play anywhere period .. square enix is the worst by far

Originally Posted by Jrex417
    what part of the us are you from? also how are the people on those servers, like do they talk in japanese or is it just that the servers are there sorry i know its kinda a dumb thing to ask
    Most of the people on the JP servers are NA/EU players. However as of now the JP servers are down or locked out. I have a level 25 character atm but its hard to level up when you cant connect.

FFXIV random psn logg out?

Im downloading the game should take 17min so im watching a video and i come back to find that iv been signed out of my psn and i have to start the download all over .. iv had to do this twice and now im done watching videos so im siting here monitoring it. Also idk if this is the right fourm to post this in but yeah i need to know if this is happening to anyone else.

are you guys ligite it takes time to fix problems like getting new servers and there not cheap.
    all i ask for is aussie servers only need probly 1 or 2 in any case this is somwthing they should of had a back up plane for over crouding of servers like at least putting a waiting in que that works all the time it says wait for an opening but no que to wait in.

I've had this issue with BlueRays; when you load them, and watch the video, you're auto-dc'ed from SEN. Prolly what happened to you too.

Originally Posted by GoldX18
    I've seen no mention that they are even considering this. Yoshida is very against giving out things for free, so don't hold your breath. The issues should be resolved this week coming.
    Yeeeeeeah...It WOULDN'T be giving us ANYTHING FOR FREE...it would be giving us what we ALREADY PAID FOR BUT NEVER RECEIVED.
    SIGN THE PETITION FOR FREE CHAR TRANSFERS TO FIX SQUARE'S MISTAKES OR FULL REFUNDS INSTEAD. http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6234

Thumbs Down Sorry ENIX , i doubt i'll be paying 15buck subscription fees if ...

I mean WT%$#@ ?
    ENIX took so long to settle these login issues ? SIMPLE Errors ?

The support customer service is not even responding to our threads.

After the 30 days trial and definetly technical issues will appear again..
    But come on,if it take so long for ENIX to fix these simple log in issues technical problem,15bucks is definetly not worth in my opinion.

Don't misunderstand,
    i really love this game. But its so frustating when it took day (s) and you've benn trying to log in countless time without success.

Good luck ENIX.
    Regards.

ps : like this thread to let them know how we feel if you agreed with me. Just my 2cents worth,not flaming.
    Last edited by shiping; 1st Sep 2013 at 09:30.

I agree with you, man.

Account issue has pushed me to brink

So I can login here, and I can read forums, buy games, however I just can't login to play any of the games I paid for.

http://account.square-enix.com

If I follow that link it will net let me login with the same account credentials I use to login to this website, in fact it tells me the account doesn't exist. Well clearly it does, I bought the game with this account and I am clearly logged in here with that account, it doesn't work on any of the FFXIV website either. I pre-ordered, I beta'd, I am sooo beyond sick of this. I have sent tickets in during my early access, which was a ton of fun for me as you can see. I also did not even get sent my early access information to well into launch day this is a joke. Its a week after release and I still cant get in, flat out I am angry I am fed up, I want a refund this has been horrible customer service. I have bought every single FF game. I flat out cant believe this is still not fixed. I have played other MMO's, I get the amount of backlog and things going wrong with a launch, but this is too much. especially considering whenever I do get my game working I cannot play on the server all my friends are on. FIX it NOW, as in today or please issue me a refund. If neither happens I can guarantee you, you will not see my money for future releases.

Good for you... you just now join the other millions peoples who are not happy about FF14:Reborn. It's a real mess, worst launcher I ever saw. It's even worst then Wow few years ago.

It's simply unbelievable that Square Enix send a MMO and don't be ready ! They don't care about their customers , they paid so they can wait now the money is in the Pocket! They don't have any excuses, Square Enix is a huge society! not a rooky one concerning MMO dammit!
    They said they will do something about this problem next week ! but there are 2 days spent on the 30 days free where i wasn't able to connect when i wanted to do , i just played few hours, and i have to create a player on a Japan server cause NorthAmerica/Europe weren't able ! So i decided i won't be pay after the free period.
    @zazazizi : Concerning Wow , Blizzard didn't expected a so huge success ! and Wow is an old MMO right now, during this time, a lot of MMO were produced, as FFXI for example! and others which known lot of difficulties (i remember AION!) but on 2013 , we can expect that such big society like Sqare Enix can lauch a MMO without so many problems...

progress on log-in

Seems to be going backwards at this point. Took an hour of reloading the patcher over and over as I would get the 2002 error instantly after trying to log-in before server select screen.

Finally in server screen, but NA/EU servers not available. Another hour of refreshing server list later....

My NA/EU server is finally showing up! I pray that I don't need to spend another hour reloading my character to get over this 1017 error....

ive just given up for tonight I don't think you have a chance to login
    server shows then no show ,then character shows then 1017 error, then 2002 boots me back to windows then start button inactive when restart
    the more I try the worse it gets
    have try implemented this to stop people constantly trying to log in

that's what is happening to everyone at this moment, who cannot log in. I noticed this kind of issues happening when the server is full. When the server is full, you can get disconnected even if you are in. I was in the game and trying to teleport to another map. At that moment, I was certainly disconnected. After that, it's been almost 1 hour to try to log back in.

and what really pissed me of I got logged in ,then I had no audio so I unplugged hdmi lead from tv then re plugged it ,which crashed the game

feeling a bit ripped off

everytime i try to log in to the game its like SE is saying haha we got your money and you cant play.

I know. It really sucks!

Yea... was in the loading screen after you select your character for 5 minutes and expected it to finally log me in.... then 1017 that crashed the launcher and I'm back to step 1 of my log-in process with a 1017 before server screen. yay.

Page 26 of 41 First First ... 1622232425262728293036 ... Last