Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: FFXIV: Password Problems

FFXIV: Password Problems

how did you solve this? Having the same issue

Resetting password doesnt work!

Hi, I am able to log into my account using my web browser and logging in via facebook. But, I can't remember what my password is so I can't log into Final Fantasy XIV on my PS4. When I go and try to reset my password, the security questions keep saying I am giving the wrong answers, but I have tried like 100 iterations on all the possible security questions that I would have chosen. I called the phone support line this morning and was put on hold for 15 minutes before I decided to hang up. Can someone please just reset my password for me and send me the new password in an email or something? This is so ridiculous, I spent $40 downloading this stupid game from PS4 store yesterday and because of this account problem I havent even played the damn game yet!!!

Post Unable to reset my password!

Hi, I am able to log into my account using my web browser and logging in via facebook. But, I can't remember what my password is so I can't log into Final Fantasy XIV on my PS4. When I go and try to reset my password on the web browser, the security questions keep saying I am giving the wrong answers, but I have tried like 100 iterations on all the possible security questions that I would have chosen. I called the phone support line this morning and was put on hold for 15 minutes before I decided to hang up. Can someone please just reset my password for me and send me the new password in an email or something? This is so ridiculous, I spent $40 downloading this stupid game from PS4 store yesterday and because of this account problem I havent even played the damn game yet!!!http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/mad.png

So the ONLY way that I have been able to workaround this issue was 1) creating a brand new gmail account 2) using this new gmail account to register a completely new Square Enix ID 3) using this new ID to register final fantasy 14. WHAT A JOKE!!! OH also let me mention that the user name I registered was CHANGED BY THE COMPANY AFTER THE FACT. Yeah, they added the number 8 to the end of the user name that I had registered. That meant that I was forced to log in with the new email I created and only then did I realize that somehow in Square Enix's infinite wisdom they decided that my user name was better with an "8" tagged to the end of it. OFFICIALLY THE WORST COMPANY IN THE HISTORY OF TIME. As of now FF14 is loading on my ps4 so hopefully I will be able to play, 48 hours after buying the F-ing thing from the ps4 store.

Login problems after moving apartment

Hey all

So i moved apartment and now it says that i need to reset my password because of new connection settings that it thinks are "suspicious". I tried doing that and i still get the same msg after logging in with the new password, maybe it's locked?

Pls help it's been a week and i'm going insane.

Thanks!
    Dominayden

ps. Square Enix, pls do something soon about your customer support, it's been too long.

If you have a Android or ios smartphone you can set up the security token software which will stop this happening if you move locations. Just make sure to write down the emergency token removal code if you do because if the app goes wrong (or you lose your phone) this is the only way to remove it to get you access again.

Thanks but the problem is the app asks for a registration code, and i downloaded the game from the PS4 store and not sure where this code is....

Sorry, I should have gave more detail, you need to log in to your account via the SE account management website - https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account
    Then just follow the instructions on setting up the one time password, this will give you a registration code. Once it is registered, log back in to the same site using your username/password and token and make a note of the emergency removal code

Under one time password, tried clicking "software token" to get started but it doesn't allow me to, a red caption under the button says:
    * You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code.

ps thanks a lot for the help...

hmmmm that's rather strange. I take it you currently have an active subscription? If so can you click on the 'Mogstation' link on that site to view your subscription status? If everything looks ok then you may have to get in touch with SE customer services to see why you can't setup the token

I have tried to fix this since september 2013 buddy. Square Enix is the horror of the video game industry.

can't log into my account

Unhappy Forgot my secret question!!!

Just got FF XIV ps4

Forgot my password went to change it
    And it asked for my question
    Is there anything i can do to change it??
    Or at least see it?
    Pls help ASAP

Unhappy FFXIV: i lost The Emergency Removal Password!!...

hi everyone...

like in the title, i changed my device but i don't remember The Emergency Removal Password for the previous software token

now i can't access to my Square Enix Account Management System, not to mention i can't log in and play the game

i went to the support center page but i couldn't find a solution for my problem...

so could anyone tell me a solution or if someone had their E-mail for customer services or the support center phone number in UK?!

Can't Change my password !!!!!!!!!!!

hello everyone

guys please I need help, I can't sign in to square enix website and FF XIV, I Pressed on forgot my password or ID and entered my e-mail, after that i received and e-mail telling me to change my password, it took me to the website, I entered all of my information and inserted my new password, then i pressed enter, after that it told me "The entered password is invalid.
    Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used.".

I can't find any solution in the internet please i need help as fast as possible.
    Thanks for reading...

Originally Posted by i3moor
    hello everyone

guys please I need help, I can't sign in to square enix website and FF XIV, I Pressed on forgot my password or ID and entered my e-mail, after that i received and e-mail telling me to change my password, it took me to the website, I entered all of my information and inserted my new password, then i pressed enter, after that it told me "The entered password is invalid.
    Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used.".

I can't find any solution in the internet please i need help as fast as possible.
    Thanks for reading...
    hey,
    im facing the same problem,i used to play last year and i decided to get back to ARR. I try to login but it asks me for username/pass - which i forgot. when i ask to change it, i get a confirmation code which i entere in client to change my password but it asks me for the one-time password (which i dont have/remember) if i want to get that password i get back to the login page and asks me login to see your one-time password!!! its the same thing over and over, running in circles.
    I have the original serial number for the registered Software Token but it says its expired!!

If i want to create a new squire enix account, i cant register the product since its attached to the current account.

is this how playing video games is nowdays??? ive got the game and its product number but yet i cant play ..

i raised this issue to square support months ago but they didnt reply to me !! today i mailed them once again, with a new ticket number

what a let down SE

Registering this game is so complicated.

I am trying to log into my account on my PS4. I have my square enix email and password. But I do not have a one time password. I am trying to log into this page to get a one time password but I can not log into this page because it needs a one time password.

https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account

What the hell am I supposed to do? Why would SE make this so freaking hard.

ps4 xiv

Cant log in give me password is wrong after changing it still dosen't work

Password reset not working on account site.

So I recently decided to get back into FFXIV. Do the password/username reset thingy annnnd it doesn't work. I'm able to log into this site, with the same password/email but when it comes to retrieving my square enix ID, I can't get into THAT site.

Why would you make it so difficult? If you can reset your password you should be able to see your account ID.
    Seriously halp, because this is frustrating.

Can't Log In OR Change Password

After a curfuffle figuring out how to register my physical copy of Final Fantasy XIV to my PS4, which took nearly 2 hours already, I ... can't log in. I JUST made this account two hours ago, I know what email and password I used. However, it asked for my ID....? Well, I am not sure which name on my account is the ID so I tried every one with the password I used. Nothing worked...? I decided to simply change the password, which would allow me to log in with my email instead, but it asks me for a security question. I never set up a security question, and I can't find an option to do so ANYWHERE on the site or in my settings. Please help ASAP!! Thank you for your time.

I get the same error message others posted about 4 years ago...
    User ID and Password Incorrect for FFXIV Online but still able to log into the Square Enix site just fine.
    No game is worth this much grief just to try and play it.
    What a load of crap.
    BUYER BEWARE

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567