Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: SEA merge/migration test and support thread | post all forum/account issues here

SEA merge/migration test and support thread | post all forum/account issues here

Thank you very much! One last thing to annoy you with, though this is much more minor, in my opinion: The icon next to a user's name that denotes when they're online or offline seems to be inverted. That is, it's green next to someone that's offline and an empty circle when someone's online, which is the opposite of how almost every forum that uses an online/offline status circle functions.
    Dolium facere volvunt!

^ We are already aware of this issue and we'll get it sorted. Thanks for reporting, though

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Also (I really shouldn't say "one last thing," huh? :P), the Square Enix logo in the header of the forums links to the UK English website, while the home icon directly below it links to the US English website.
    Dolium facere volvunt!

^ Thanks. We'll look into that as well

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Hi /wave

Originally Posted by Snowblood
    Hi /wave
    hullo
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

JB2448, we think we solved the issue with your accounts. Please can you try the following:

Go to SEM: http://membership.square-enix.com and make sure he is logged out (logout here if not)

Go to the forums: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com and log in

Check to see if everything has migrated.

Yep, everything's migrated! Thank you so much, guys! I appreciate all of the help!
    Dolium facere volvunt!

Originally Posted by JB2448
    Yep, everything's migrated! Thank you so much, guys! I appreciate all of the help!
    Wahoo
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Why would you import another (existing and active) forum's database into a brand new one's? I am absolutely lost in this mess, this account merged with the posts I made on NA's forum, the design is unintuitive...

How to add personal avatar photo?

I've been trying to figure it out and can only access the few default ones, plus I don't think I have this account technically registered since the site change (?? idk)

I'm having some difficulty with the change... :P
    any help would be appreciated - and sorry if this question was posted elsewhere, I did a quick scan through some other pages and didn't see anything so...

anyway thanks

you cant

Great to hear, JB2448!

Originally Posted by hyne--
    Why would you import another (existing and active) forum's database into a brand new one's? I am absolutely lost in this mess, this account merged with the posts I made on NA's forum, the design is unintuitive...
    The import was done because we decided to upgrade to vBulletin 4 and we'll be hosting other, larger forums here in the near future as well.

Your account merging with your SEA forum posts was done to give you ownership of your imported posts.

As for user interface - if you have any specific feedback or suggestions, please feel free to state them here and we'll be happy to look at them
    Last edited by Driber; 16th Aug 2013 at 09:03.

A bit lost since I'm an american...

Why am I in EU forums? Is this normal? I'm fine with it, but is this where all the other US people go to? My first time here, so I'm just double checking. I mean I was just in NA FF website then I click onto profile and I'm taken to EU.

EDIT: Funny... I'm now in the NA side as well in my browser and this post is on both sides... w/e.
    Last edited by D-Kage; 16th Aug 2013 at 13:29.

The sites have been merged. There is now one single forum for all users.
    (On a side note, the NA site has [currently] been replaced with FFVII's. http://na.square-enix.com)

Really? Certain people still have what appear to be original photos for theirs... (?)
    If not - I hope this changes, it's kinda dumb.. Especially when so many of us recognized posters more by their image than by their sometimes obscure usernames..

This merge is appearing worse and worse as time goes on..
    I hate changes like this... why fix something that isn't broken.. (FB anyone?)

Originally Posted by Saria3
    I've been trying to figure it out and can only access the few default ones, plus I don't think I have this account technically registered since the site change (?? idk)

I'm having some difficulty with the change... :P
    any help would be appreciated - and sorry if this question was posted elsewhere, I did a quick scan through some other pages and didn't see anything so...

anyway thanks
    As far as I can tell, you should be able to upload a custom avatar.

Can you provide some screenshots?

BTW, merging this thread with the forum migration feedback thread, so to keep everything in one place and so that replies will get to my attention quicker (I'm subscribed to that thread)

Originally Posted by D-Kage
    Why am I in EU forums? Is this normal? I'm fine with it, but is this where all the other US people go to? My first time here, so I'm just double checking. I mean I was just in NA FF website then I click onto profile and I'm taken to EU.

EDIT: Funny... I'm now in the NA side as well in my browser and this post is on both sides... w/e.
    Hi,

I moved your question into this dedicated thread.

It does not matter if you come in through na.square-enix.com or eu.square-enix.com; both domains are pointing at the same, new forum.

Hope that clears things up

mmmmm

Test

“Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Kind of lost all my registered games, and my profile is blank.......again. I had to call SQEX to fix it once, and now it's back to the same thing.

Originally Posted by mugenkb1
    Kind of lost all my registered games, and my profile is blank.......again. I had to call SQEX to fix it once, and now it's back to the same thing.
    I'm having the same problem too. I did the account migration on the left side of the login screen, but now all my registered games are gone and I can't add any more because the code format is wrong.

The merge didn't work for me either... I'm having the same issue that JB2448 had... I cannot provide screenshots but have followed the same steps as him and nothing seems to be transferring..

(And all my registered games are also absent...)
    Last edited by Saria3; 19th Aug 2013 at 06:27.

Originally Posted by Saria3
    The merge didn't work for me either... I'm having the same issue that JB2448 had... I cannot provide screenshots but have followed the same steps as him and nothing seems to be transferring..
    It looks like it worked to me. Your post list it comes up with a bunch of posts you made before the migration, all the way up to August 2012 - http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sea...st&showposts=1
    Last edited by Driber; 19th Aug 2013 at 07:15.

All of my registered games are gone though... and I can't use a personal avatar... anyway to fix that?!

Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last