Thread: DQVC support ended for DQ IX?

DQVC support ended for DQ IX?

Not sure how many on here are still playing Dragon Quest IX, but you might have noticed that the DQVC in the game has stopped being updated daily a few weeks ago. I started a new game last year and would not have had I known that it would be stopped so abruptly. I haven't been on here in awhile and when I heard about all the changes within SE, it made sense.

Really? that's lame
    I bought it when it first came out and I still haven't beaten the game yet

It's always the same. Japanese publishers stop support for games in western regions much sooner compared to Japan. DQ is very popular in Japan but just a few players will buy it in western countries. So why should they care to waste money on those few people like us ?

Originally Posted by xTHORGALx
    It's always the same. Japanese publishers stop support for games in western regions much sooner compared to Japan. DQ is very popular in Japan but just a few players will buy it in western countries. So why should they care to waste money on those few people like us ?
    Eeerrr... Nintendo shut down the Wifi services for Wii and DS in 2014, this has nothing to do with the game. All the games in those platforms lost their online features.

The DQVC service was up for two years, then they took a break and put it up again due to fans asking for it until Nintendo shut down the wifi services.