Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Kingdom Hearts III on the Wii U (Petition)

Kingdom Hearts III on the Wii U (Petition)

Hi everyone,
    I am a massive Kingdom Hearts fan (Even imported the final mix games, and a couple japanese first releases) and I was just wondering why they are developing Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS4 and the Xbox One.
    Trust me on this, I have no issue with it being multiplatform (it seems this generation most of the games that people really want are multiplatform. And its never been exclusive to sony) but I am just wondering why? Microsoft platforms have NEVER had a kingdom hearts game. I understand that some people have bought a PS2 and an Xbox and what not and fans may be on the xbox side, but it won't sell since the majority of Kingdom Hearts fans are on the sony side. Other than money, why didn't they annouce the game for the PS4 and the WiiU since Nintendo has had previous Kingdom Hearts games? Its all puzzling to me. Why release the end of a trilogy to a console family thats NEVER had a single game in the franchise.

Dear Square-enix, is Kingdom hearts going to be on the WiiU or not. If not, please be careful with what you're doing. Alot of fans from the series are Nintendo gamers. If you don't put the game on the WiiU, you may lose many of them if you don't put the game in that console. Some may buy other consoles to get it. But some won't. And plus, I'm pretty sure you can put KH3 on the WiiU. You just need to tap on his full potential. I'm not saying you should do this, I'm just saying that you should try to make it work. Please? For me and the fans loyal to Nintendo.

Originally Posted by Zero_Into_Zero
    Hi everyone,
    I am a massive Kingdom Hearts fan (Even imported the final mix games, and a couple japanese first releases) and I was just wondering why they are developing Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS4 and the Xbox One.
    Trust me on this, I have no issue with it being multiplatform (it seems this generation most of the games that people really want are multiplatform. And its never been exclusive to sony) but I am just wondering why? Microsoft platforms have NEVER had a kingdom hearts game. I understand that some people have bought a PS2 and an Xbox and what not and fans may be on the xbox side, but it won't sell since the majority of Kingdom Hearts fans are on the sony side. Other than money, why didn't they annouce the game for the PS4 and the WiiU since Nintendo has had previous Kingdom Hearts games? Its all puzzling to me. Why release the end of a trilogy to a console family thats NEVER had a single game in the franchise.

I agree completely.

Same here. I doubt that*KH3 will be the last*game of the series*(or at least, I really hope not), but I agree that it's kinda odd for it to be released on the Xbox One, and not the Wii U, this might be due to the differences in technology, I don't actually know how hard it would be to port the game from the PS4 to the Wii U, but just taking the difference between the PS4 and Wii U controllers into account, well, the Wii U players might want some extra controls connected to the touchscreen (I*can't think of any reason*why they would want that, but they might)*or something like that, and it'd take a lot of work to make that happen (even if the PS4 uses it's touch controls, which doesn't seem likely to me, it'd be weird to switch it from the PS4 controller's little touchpad to the the Wii U's gigantic touchscreen). Honestly, when it comes down to it, I don't know why they do what they do, or why they don't do what they don't do, I'm just putting out some possible reasons for you.

Yeah, the title of this forum should be, "Why any other console besides PS4?" *As for why it's not on the WiiU...

Maybe it's because no one *bought* the WiiU. *www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420542,00...

Truthfully, I hope the Xbox version of KH3 is a shoddy port. *This is not because I want SE to fail, of course, but because I want Xbox fanboys and girls to suffer for the way they continually flame anyone who even suggests on their forums that the Microsoft DRM and connectivity policies are just a bit restrictive.

my guess is that they want a lead on the NEXT gen consoles. But I wouldnt place my faith in crapbox one.

Okay so let me start off by saying I personally don't mind buying a PS4 to play Kingdom Hearts III, but Wii U owners and Nintendo fans have been getting the short end of the stick lately from 3rd party developers (and there are arguments for that), but I still feel that the Wii U deserves its own version as much as the XB ONE and there is to consider the rich library of KH games that have been released on Nintendo. I support KH III going multi-platform, hey the more the merrier. So if your a Nintendo fan, Wii U owner, multi-platform supporter or just sympathizing with the Nintendo fans, and Wii U owners please add your signature to my petition and if possibly spread the word about this petition on twitter, facebook or any other social media site. It might be a long shot, but its worth a try.

Thank you and have a nice morning, afternoon or evening. www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-ple...

I also have a twitter and fb for this petition (new w/ social media):

www.facebook.com/BringKingdomHearts3ToWi...

mobile.twitter.com/account

DO NOT RESPOND HERE

@ Jay. Dude, it'll be enough for them to have to play the game on an Xbox controller, that alone would screw up the action imo, but maybe that's just me, personally, I'm gonna get the PS4 version and play the game my way, and if the Xbox fans want to play on the Xbox One, well, that's their choice, and if they want to flame me for playing the game my way or voicing my oppinions (or rather, posting them), I'll be happy to ignore them,*that doesn't bother me at all (some comments do, but that's mainly when people mock the theories that I post on these forums, not when they say I'm an idiot for being exactly*who I am, I've got no problem with that, they're just words, and saying things doesn't make them true). One of my favorite sayings is, "To each their own.", and to me, that means that people can be passionate about whatever they want, but they shouldn't try to force people to*do things their*way if*they*don't want to.

The WiiU doesn't deserve the same treatment as the XB1 and PS4 because it's been on the market now for how long (?), and it isn't selling.

I posted this elsewhere, but it's relevant:*www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420542,00...*. *Yes, the article is about *why* the WiiU isn't selling, but the first line completely explains why the WiiU is getting, as you put it, the short end of the stick: *"Simply put, the Wii U just hasn't been selling well."

I really hope that this doesn't become the same ridiculous arguement that's happening in the other thread about bringing KH 1.5 remix to the Xbox 360, but at least this does kinda make sense, KH3 is in development, so changes are to be expected, while KH 1.5 is already out in japan, so expecting them to port it over is a bit much. I'm not the type to sign petitions, but good luck dude, I've got a Wii U, but I'm gonna get a PS4, so it doesn't really make a difference to me, but maybe this will inspire more 3rd party developers to make games for the Wii U, you never know.

Originally Posted by Ryutim

@ Jay. Dude... "To each their own.", and to me, that means that people can be passionate about whatever they want, but they shouldn't try to force people to*do things their*way if*they*don't want to.

You're not wrong...

Originally Posted by Ryutim

@ Jay. Dude, it'll be enough for them to have to play the game on an Xbox controller, that alone would screw up the action imo, but maybe that's just me, personally, I'm gonna get the PS4 version and play the game my way, and if the Xbox fans want to play on the Xbox One, well, that's their choice, and if they want to flame me for playing the game my way or voicing my oppinions (or rather, posting them), I'll be happy to ignore them,*that doesn't bother me at all (some comments do, but that's mainly when people mock the theories that I post on these forums, not when they say I'm an idiot for being exactly*who I am, I've got no problem with that, they're just words, and saying things doesn't make them true). One of my favorite sayings is, "To each their own.", and to me, that means that people can be passionate about whatever they want, but they shouldn't try to force people to*do things their*way if*they*don't want to.

They may get some hits on the xbox, but if you look at most of the games average xbox players play, they are not like KH. Then again, it may suprise us. True enough about the controller though.

Yeah, maybe some Xbox gamers wouldn't mind the controls, but I sure as heck would.

Didn't he just post this in a thread in the same subforum?

Change.org should remove all petitions related to video games. *

Well, developers don't want to make games for a system that hasn't sold well, and the system won't sell well unless it gets good games, it's an annoying problem that started with Nintendo's huge mistake of not telling developers about the 3DS in time to get any really*good games out for the launch, so now the customers are hesitent to buy a system just to wait a year or more*until games actually come out, but once they do, the problem will pretty much solve itself, but it's a shame that they developers won't take a leap of faith that the system will sell well, because they're just making it so that we'll have to wait even longer for the games they'll*eventually choose to develop to come out.

Well you also gotta consider that the game is still in development and that means it won't be out until Holiday 2014 (probably not) or Spring/Holiday 2015 (most likely Spring) maybe even early 2016, but by then the Wii U would probably have good sales plus they can do what Ubisoft is doing in the article not make any exclusives and just multiplayform games for it in this case KH III.

The Wii has always been perceived as unsupported by third-party publishers, even when that wasn't true. *And, the Wii never appealed to hardcore gamers because of hardware limitations and lack of HD graphics. *

I'm really not dissing the Wii. *I was blown up in Afghanistan, and my physical therapists used a Wii to help me recover skills I had lost to the injury. *But, it was never perceived as a serious gaming console. *Maybe if Nintendo had renamed the Wii U, to distance it from its younger brother, it would have enjoyed wider support from game publishers. *But, to date, the Wii U has fallen short. *SE surely takes that into consideration when planning games, because publishing video games is an expensive endeavor.

I had nothing to do with this, I just found out about this thread. I'm not the type of person who puts repeated stuff.*

I'll help explain this the best way I can.

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 are both being developed using the coding toolset DirectX 11.

DirectX is a powerful toolset that helps programmers program games better and more efficiently. It also helps the games run better.

Unfortunately, Wii U doesn't support DirectX 11 because of its PowerPC architecture. It would be extremely difficult to port the game. Not only that but a lot of money and resources would be put into a port that wouldn't run very well because it wasn't built natively for said platforms. PS4 and One both support PC like architectures that support many development toolsets like DirectX 11.

Also resource allocation would further divide the team up. With more and more of the team making more ports it would affect the overall quality of the game. There is no inherent reward to porting the game to the Wii U.

I hope that helped clear things up for you guys.

'Nuff said.

I bloody hope not the Wii U is barely more powerful then then current gen systems meaning if they develop with the Wii U in mind the quality of the entire game will be brought down

The PS4 and XBOX One are much closer in power 1.84 TFLOPS vs 1.24 TFLOPS vs the Wii U crappy current gen power of 0.35 TFLOPS*

Do you really think what the development team has in mind for an epic final quest in the Xeanort Saga can really run on the Wii U's pathetic Hardware? Do you really think the Wii U can run this ingame @ 1080p and 60 FPS

Originally Posted by imported_Kyle

I bloody hope not the Wii U is barely more powerful then then current gen systems meaning if they develop with the Wii U in mind the quality of the entire game will be brought down

The PS4 and XBOX One are much closer in power 1.84 TFLOPS vs 1.24 TFLOPS vs the Wii U crappy current gen power of 0.35 TFLOPS*

Do you really think what the development team has in mind for an epic final quest in the Xeanort Saga can really run on the Wii U's pathetic Hardware? Do you really think the Wii U can run this ingame @ 1080p and 60 FPS

I don't think why not, SE aready is releasing Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director Cut, once a PS3 game, onto the Wii U pretty soon. Trust me, I'm pre-ordering the PS4, I have a PS3, but also the Wii U. So I think this is a great Idea.
    Can't Wait for KHIII!!!!!, can you?
    signature image

Ah, why the hell not. It's already been confirmed for development on the Xbox One, so Square Enix might as well develop it for the Wii U too.

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    I'll help explain this the best way I can. Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 are both being developed using the coding toolset DirectX 11. DirectX is a powerful toolset that helps programmers program games better and more efficiently. It also helps the games run better. Unfortunately, Wii U doesn't support DirectX 11 because of its PowerPC architecture. It would be extremely difficult to port the game. Not only that but a lot of money and resources would be put into a port that wouldn't run very well because it wasn't built natively for said platforms. PS4 and One both support PC like architectures that support many development toolsets like DirectX 11. Also resource allocation would further divide the team up. With more and more of the team making more ports it would affect the overall quality of the game. There is no inherent reward to porting the game to the Wii U. I hope that helped clear things up for you guys.

Yeah, it totally makes sense now. I'd thought it might be something tech related, but I didn't know for sure. I really hope those limitations don't keep developers from making games for the Wii U for long, because while it isn't my favorite system, it's already gonna get some awsome games on it (Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros., so on and so forth), and the more games it gets (since I already bought the system for, "family use", which basically means that my little brother uses it at the moment, and once good games come out for it, it'll be all mine, mwahahaha-uhh, nevermind.), the better.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last