Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 71.43%
  • No

12 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the game worth the money

Do crashes in the game happen constantly? Since the release of it I always heard that the game crashes many times.
    I also hear people saying that the game is a disapointement, well, for what I've seen in 4 trailers and PSM2 short clips, the game is amazing. I don't really bother with the graphics or the controls, as I've already played PS2 games that have not so good graphics(Frequency) and crappy controls(Project Zero aka Fatal Frame) and I loved them.
    So, what should I think about the game? I know it's hard to tell, but for what I'm saying here, what do you think I should think of the game?

Definitely NOT! At least not for me...

THE GAME IS NOT, NOT, NOT WORTH $50... IS JUST NOT.

IF YOU'RE GONNA ASK OUR OPINIONs AND THEN BITE THE HAND OF THOSE WHO OPPOSE YOUR OWN, THEN WHAT ARE WE DOING?

I thought that's what the forum was for... to freely and honestly voice our opinions.

I understand that many of you are anxious, it seems (by reading the posts), almost dying to play the game and could care less for anything... and that's okay with me, I admire your passion; but be honest, you're gonna buy it even if the president of Eidos himself comes to tell you that the game sucks!

however for those who do not live in denial, and got the game, the game is an okay game... almost average... which is very disappointing... the only good thing is that is a Tomb Raider Game presented in a new way; however rushed! Of course we're going to play it, we all love Lara Croft, we love the concept, and we live under the hope that the next one will always be better...

I'm a fan too, but not a fanatic; there is a difference. If you guys look back for a second, think about the evolution of the TR series, with every game they made, we got less and less quality and improvement... and because everyone and their sisters seemed to be okay spinning on fanatism, we kept getting crappy installments... I think it's time Eidos shake the tree and let some old rotten fruits fall out of it...

The world has advanced people! There are games, many, out there that surpass this one in a heartbeat. SOMETHING OR SOMEONE NEEDS TO BRING THAT CHANGE... AND, I just thought... just a thought... that if we, the fans, state our true feelings about it, maybe someone in Eidos or Core or Sony will do something about it.

They had three years, 3 YEARS, and a few months delayed and still couldnt make it right. Not perfect... I wasnt expecting perfect, just decently right... enjoyable... smooth... updated...

But then again, that's just my opinion...

I wish you all the best in your own experience...
    "You are what you think"
    AJ

Originally posted by moe888uk
    Whatever the total of the poll turns out to be, I am gona subtract one from the yes. Calm down frugo, its just a game.

As for people listening to opinions before trying a game, its not like theres a demo out or something which I can try. The second best way to know about the game is opinions. And it certainly ruins the meaning of the poll if someone calls others pigs for having an opinion. If I had started a similar thread when tr3 was out, I wouldnt have spent 40pounds on one of the most stupid games in the world ever. And I did listen to my friends and didnt buy chronicles. Opinions of players help, magazine reviews dont. They have agendas and stuff.

And its not like im asking anyone for a review. Just a yes or a no is good enough.

Keep voting people and dont be ashamed of saying no if the game isnt worth the money.

Now heres and example of a good rebuttal. If more would follow this example, this would be a more pleasant place to visit.
    RedLegg

Re: Definitely NOT! At least not for me...

Originally posted by Alexander Riley
    THE GAME IS NOT, NOT, NOT WORTH $50... IS JUST NOT.

IF YOU'RE GONNA ASK OUR OPINIONs AND THEN BITE THE HAND OF THOSE WHO OPPOSE YOUR OWN, THEN WHAT ARE WE DOING?

I thought that's what the forum was for... to freely and honestly voice our opinions.

I understand that many of you are anxious, it seems (by reading the posts), almost dying to play the game and could care less for anything... and that's okay with me, I admire your passion; but be honest, you're gonna buy it even if the president of Eidos himself comes to tell you that the game sucks!

however for those who do not live in denial, and got the game, the game is an okay game... almost average... which is very disappointing... the only good thing is that is a Tomb Raider Game presented in a new way; however rushed! Of course we're going to play it, we all love Lara Croft, we love the concept, and we live under the hope that the next one will always be better...

I'm a fan too, but not a fanatic; there is a difference. If you guys look back for a second, think about the evolution of the TR series, with every game they made, we got less and less quality and improvement... and because everyone and their sisters seemed to be okay spinning on fanatism, we kept getting crappy installments... I think it's time Eidos shake the tree and let some old rotten fruits fall out of it...

The world has advanced people! There are games, many, out there that surpass this one in a heartbeat. SOMETHING OR SOMEONE NEEDS TO BRING THAT CHANGE... AND, I just thought... just a thought... that if we, the fans, state our true feelings about it, maybe someone in Eidos or Core or Sony will do something about it.

They had three years, 3 YEARS, and a few months delayed and still couldnt make it right. Not perfect... I wasnt expecting perfect, just decently right... enjoyable... smooth... updated...

But then again, that's just my opinion...

I wish you all the best in your own experience...
    And another one!
    RedLegg

You know the critics and other criticized the other TR games in the past, saying it was mediocre, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I still loved the game anyway. I think some of you guys are expecting too much. Or maybe it's the PS2 version. Is this the first time TR has been on PS2? In the beginning it is hard to get used to controlling Lara. But what did someone saying about in AOD Lara can't flip and flop and fire her weapons at the same time. I can't believe that they would eliminate that technique. I DON'T BELIEVE IT. I will be satisfied with the game. However, Enter the Matrix sounds like fun also.

RedLegg: I only said I would subtract one from the yes coz I am sure Frugo voted yes. And I wouldnt want to count the opinion of someone who resorts to name-calling if people disagree. Other than that I dont think I need to explain anything I said.

Originally posted by Claus.DuBois
    ......and probably severely biased by fanboyism at this early stage of the going.
    I dont care what people say about this game its one of the best out for Ps2. I never was a fun of Tomb Raider but I thought this game was extreamly good. If the developers keep up the good work who knows where Tomb Raider will lead. I know the game isnt perfect but what game is.

I'll answer... IF it comes out over here

Re: Re: Definitely NOT! At least not for me...

Originally posted by RedLegg
    And another one!

Screw safety im quoting you

What games have you been playing in the action/adventure catagory that surpass this one. This game isnt the best but i wouldnt say it sucks. Also 3 years made this game the best it could be. I dont know any other game that has the sound recorded by an orchestra so the pick ups come in at just the right times. They even went the extra mile to make sure the character did everything true to reality. Thats including all climbing and fighting system. Mostly all her moves are done the same way they would be done in reality. Lets forget all that cause thats not what makes a game good. The story line in this game is really well thought and interesting. The graphics are a 8/10 because they are not perfect in every level but are still fairly good. Im not a major fun of Tomb Raider but I decided to buy it because the packing was appealing and im glade i bought it. Normally I dont care what negative things people say but your making it look like crap and its well below that

I can't vote yet unless it was voting based on graphics. However, I think some of you are to young to remember some stuff. When Atari 2600 surfaced games were like 20-40 dolalrs if I remember right. There was a time when 711 even had atari games for about 40-50. We're talkling pacman and asteroids.. very primative..

We're getting spoiled.. Nintendo back in the 8 bit days set me back 30-40 for a game.. Super Nintendo was sometimes 50.. I mean I paid 50 for Mortal Kombat if I remember right.. I mean that game was sooo not worth it but at the time it was because it was like something different..

But now we've come to the point where games really can't get to much better.. just minor details here and there. I mean, Splinter cell was like being in a movie almost. I paid 50 for metal gear whatever that came out a few weeks ago. The one where you get to play as snake and the blonde guy.. Now that was just fmv up the yang and it had like 4 hours of gameplay if you subtract the movies.

They're saying tomb raider is going to be 50.. which prolly means 20.. but who knows.. I remember Soul Reaver, I paid 40.. That game lasted me quite awhile and I sooo enjoyed it.. If Tomb Raiders new one even comes close.. oooo..

yes i also love ETM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12