Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Fan Request: Release DRAGON QUEST X Internationally

Fan Request: Release DRAGON QUEST X Internationally

Lightbulb Release Dragon Quest X in North America

Just wanted to throw my support behind a Dragon Quest X release in North America

hi everyone i would like to see more dragonquest games being release into north america including the long awaited dragonquest 10 mmo. the race i would play is the mermaid/merman race and formy job well i havent decide yet .well hope that squareenix hear us all hugs.

Dragon Warror 1 OG here. (Thanks again Nintendo Power!) Such an amazing series that has so much potential. Bought a Wii U for this game and hoping that it would hit US shores but alas it looks like Zelda will be my first must have game that will come out for the system.

(hope I do this right)

I would *LOVE* to see a new Dragon Quest for the WII/PS3. I remember playing the original Dragon Warrior. In fact, I still have Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 for the NES around here. Please make a new Dragon Quest for the WII/PS3. Dragon Quest Swords was alright, but waaaaay to short. I'm not sure which I liked better, Dragon Quest 7 for the PS, or Dragon Quest 8 for the PS2. Thanks you Square-Enix.

Release it for the Wii-U. You'll have an MMO monopoly.

I have been playing the Dragon Quest series since the original Dragon Warrior Monsters was released in the US. I immediately fell in love, tracking down every other entry I could and to this day the Dragon Quest series is my favorite. The lack of localizations in recent years has really been frustrating to me, and as an avid MMO player, Dragon Quest X is probably my most wanted localization behind that of VII. I would love to experience a Dragon Quest game with friends, exploring a large world and hunting down the monsters I know and love from other titles in the series. The importance that is being placed on story only makes me more interested, and having read interviews with Saito I feel that the approach being taken with the game is ideal for my own playstyle.

With the creation of a PC version, I feel that it would be easier now than ever to release a version for western audiences. The fact that the game has relatively low system requirements would only make it easier to get the game into the hands of more Dragon Quest fans here, including those who do not necessarily have high-end gaming PCs due to being console gamers. Even a lower-end notebook should be capable of running the game, based on the requirements I have found online.

Basically, I consider myself to be a massive fan of the Dragon Quest series and, as a fan of of MMOs, this game is a dream come true for me. I know that there are plenty of others in my situation who would love to see this come to the west. I hope that, within time, it will.

(This turned into kind of a rant, sorry haha!)

-Why would you like to see an English release?
    Why would a FF fan like an English release for FFXV? Thats a dumb question. I'd want an english release because i cant read japanese and i love the DQ saga. (Also, if you could translate it to the other european languages, it would be cool. the spanish translations were relly good)

-Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to trying out?
    The game in a language i can understand.

-What are your thoughts about the game?
    "Why do the best games stay in Japan?"

Now would perhaps be the most appropriate time to release DQX in the NA market. Given how successful Bravely Default has become, it's clear that this market is currently looking at traditional-styled J-RPGs as comfort food -the kind that's been missing from the shelf a good loong time. HANDS DOWN, I would snatch this title up (limited edition or whatever the most expensive package they throw together), and pay whatever monthly subscription fee to stay connected. The thought of a truly fresh MMO experience with a classic DQ-styled interface makes me cry inside that it's not here yet (seriously guys, where is it?).

I've been a DQ fan all my life (since DW), and if the series had been granted as much of an opportunity as FF has had in this market, it most certainly would have given the FF series (among others) a run for its money, with regards to popularity. But more importantly, I need a serious reason to play my Wii U, and DQX is the only light on the horizon capable of lifting that dark spell. And I'm running out of torches here...

As far as I'm aware, Dragon Quest X is the Wii U's only MMORPG so far.

I'll say it straight up: Square-Enix is downright foolish to not have this translated and released outside of Japan already. It would literally be the one single MMO on the market for the Wii U, and could be surprisingly successfully if marketed as such. But S-E apparently hates or doesn't care about its Dragon Quest fans outside of glorious privileged Nippon.
    Last edited by KaboomKrusader; 26th May 2014 at 03:06.

Hello, I came to say that I would buy DQ X for the Wii U, 3DS and Iphone, as well as DQ Monsters II and DQ VII. Hopefully we can play these titles at some point in the near future!!
    Thank you SQEX

I've been a long time fan of Dragon Quest and recently I downloaded the Japanese PC trial version. For an MMO it plays like a traditional Dragon Quest game, it retains all of its unique menu system and doesn't conform to standard MMO setups. It has both an offline story that plays along side the online story line. I think the part that really brings you in is the ambiance of colorful well detailed environments and the musical scores by Koichi Sugiyama. The characters and monsters have an original design giving the game a very distinct personality. Overall the turn based system of Dragon Quest is very balanced and takes a lot of strategy, you really rely heavily on other players in this game. I really hope they come out with an international version.

Also just wanted to throw my support behind a Dragon Quest X release in North America

Look at all this support! I just joined here, and not for this, but I have just one question...
    When's it coming?

Please! We need more Dragon Quest games in all western countries! North America, UK, Europe etc.
    You have the games in Japanese already, so just translate them and release them in English.

Release them as electronic downloads via the 3DS store and you avoid all the logistics involved with preparing/shipping game cartridges etc.

Please consider it!!
    signature image

DQ 9 on 3DS was great and a success so we need DQ10 to come to the 3DS

I love the dragon quest series and finished dragon quest 8 on ps2, terrific game. Would love to see Dragon Quest X in Canada/Montreal. Cheers

I'm a big DQ fan and would love to have an mmo for my 3ds. please release this game in the west!

I would love to play an English release of dragon quest x on 3ds or switch. my favorite DQ so far has been DQ9. I love DQ story lines music and art but I also love creating characters and DQX sounds like heaven.

Plllleaaase bring DQ 10 to the U.S. on 3ds, vita, or switch! I love DQ and I love making my own characters and I love mmos!

doh triple post sorry. I didn't see my post for days so I kept making new ones

I would love for dragon quest x to come out in the u.s to play be fan of the games and would be happy to see it on Pc and the switch and when I see the video for it was like take my money now lol but please bring the game over please SC.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12