Thread: Can't Square add new Content to XII

Can't Square add new Content to XII

Square, can you make additional money on your best title XII?

Add some*more content and charge us some money.

Make some additional revenue on*your titles.*****

What additional content coul be added?

Screw making new content, they need to make a sequel to this game that is featured on the PS4.* I don't understand how they can make two sequels to FFXIII, one of the worst entries in the entire series, but have totally left Ivalice in the dust.* They could really capitalize off of what they created with FFXII.* The game world itself could spawn multiple Final Fantasy titles.*

I really don't get SE's logic.* I think they've completely lost it. . .

Wow, Brian, someone thinks the same way I do about this game.

Totally agree with him but I am resigned that the best Square can do is a DLC for XII.

Can someone who adminsters or runs this site let me know that this feedback has been delivered to someone in Square that can make decisions.

Huge group of followers for this title (XII).* I would pay for any addition or new title.

Ideas maybe a DLC or something additional via Playstation store.

Square try it out.* Worst that can happen is that you base fans get something they have been craving.

That is NOT the worst that can happen, Jim. However, as I mentioned in your other thread, XII has one true sequel and one game where two of the characters make major story appearances.

Final Fantasy XII had an International version called the 'Zodiac Job System' which added a bunch of new content as well as fixing/shuffling around some stuff that didn't really work in the first version of the game. If (I stress if) they were to ever do a Final Fantasy XII HD, then this would almost certainly use the International version of the game as the base. Given that KH 1.5, FF XHD, and FF X-2HD all use their Final Mix/International incarnations, it seems most likely. If the game were to be released as an HD update, for it to come outside of Japan it would have to either be through the PSN-only or contain Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. SCEA has a two-game requirement on HD disc re-releases.

Hi, I am hooked with FF Tactics (ps1) right now, it reminds me of Jeanne D' Arc from Level 5 (psp) I don't really kind of care about FF Revenant Wings because... I don't know... It's was just not like FF XII i did not like Vaan's new look. Now, We know Final Fantasy XII creator Yasumi Matsuno is no longer a worker for squarenix but, there's really absolutely nothing to do with FFXII before Xhd and X-2hd arrives?

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian
    That is NOT the worst that can happen, Jim. However, as I mentioned in your other thread, XII has one true sequel and one game where two of the characters make major story appearances.

Final Fantasy XII had an International version called the 'Zodiac Job System' which added a bunch of new content as well as fixing/shuffling around some stuff that didn't really work in the first version of the game. If (I stress if) they were to ever do a Final Fantasy XII HD, then this would almost certainly use the International version of the game as the base. Given that KH 1.5, FF XHD, and FF X-2HD all use their Final Mix/International incarnations, it seems most likely. If the game were to be released as an HD update, for it to come outside of Japan it would have to either be through the PSN-only or contain Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. SCEA has a two-game requirement on HD disc re-releases.
    Wow, I didn't know that SCEA had a requirement like that.* Was this info brought up in the press or something?

Originally Posted by AkeemCoffey
    Wow, I didn't know that SCEA had a requirement like that.* Was this info brought up in the press or something?
    I believe it has been mentioned in a few press releases, yes, but it actually doesn't take much digging to find a lot of the SCEA localization rules. A number of their rules make little to no sense, and some of them can be circumvented it seems.*(But not this one to my knowledge) Every HD re-release that was put on disc that I know of was released on a single disc internationally. In Japan they don't have that requirement, so for example while the Shadow of the Collossus + ICO games are a collection in NA, in JP they are sold individually. In North America, Okami HD was released as a PSN-only game because of this requirement. Also, this rule was one of the major reasons people believed that FF XHD would be a collection containing X-2 before it was officially announced.

For another example of their rules, SCEA apparently has guidelines mostly preventing games with Japanese-only audio from being released on disc; The only exception that I personally know of are the Agarest War games.

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian
    I believe it has been mentioned in a few press releases, yes, but it actually doesn't take much digging to find a lot of the SCEA localization rules. A number of their rules make little to no sense, and some of them can be circumvented it seems.*(But not this one to my knowledge) Every HD re-release that was put on disc that I know of was released on a single disc internationally. In Japan they don't have that requirement, so for example while the Shadow of the Collossus + ICO games are a collection in NA, in JP they are sold individually. In North America, Okami HD was released as a PSN-only game because of this requirement. Also, this rule was one of the major reasons people believed that FF XHD would be a collection containing X-2 before it was officially announced.

For another example of their rules, SCEA apparently has guidelines mostly preventing games with Japanese-only audio from being released on disc; The only exception that I personally know of are the Agarest War games.
    So that rule is what got me FFX-2.* I think we can make sense out of the HD rule.* Imagine all the developers flooding the market with HD upgrades.* The last thing the gamindustri needs right now is a market crash.

So that rule is what got me FFX-2.* I think we can make sense out of the HD rule.* Imagine all the developers flooding the market with HD upgrades.* The last thing the gamindustri needs right now is a market crash.

It certainly sounds like it. But also, originally FF XHD was planned in celebration of X's 10th anniversary. Since the game didn't make it out in time, their plan was to try and get it out for X-2's 10th anniversary. (This year) It's possible X HD would've been a PSN download game if they'd finished it earlier. From what I've seen of the recent interview translations, FFX sists at about 70% remastered and X-2 is somewhere below that. The two-game rule does make sense, I agree.

I'd like to know, though, if the OP is wanting more content than just what was added in the International version of XII.

Leaferian, sounds like you might be associated with Square.*

Just want to vote with my voice that Square can get additional revenue with this game.* Wasn't it game of the year?

Originally Posted by imported_jim

Leaferian, sounds like you might be associated with Square.*

Just want to vote with my voice that Square can get additional revenue with this game.* Wasn't it game of the year?

Sadly, I'm just a Final Fantasy news writer. I do pay quite a lot of attention to their announcements and so on though, and I've done a fiar amout of research into the subjects. I believe Final Fantasy XII did get a game of the year award in one of the western countries, but I don't recall which. I know that Square Enix used to (dunno if they still do) have an entire team devoted to the Ivalice Alliance of games. I seriously doubt that XII: Revenant Wings is the last we've seen of that world. Speaking personally, Final Fantasy XII is my favorite numbered title and I would be ecstatic if they were to release an HD collection or a new game set in the same timeframe.

and they could also make it where you could get a downloadable versian of the game off of playstation store. i would pay good money for that

*FFXII

Originally Posted by imported_Brandon

and they could also make it where you could get a downloadable versian of the game off of playstation store. i would pay good money for that

Originally Posted by imported_Brandon

*FFXII

I'd recommend the "Edit" button.

so I'm still unclear, XII had a sequel but was it on PSP (the hand held device).

Can someone tell Square management that it's just not economical to create new game each time.* why not go somewhere with XII

Originally Posted by imported_jim

so I'm still unclear, XII had a sequel but was it on PSP (the hand held device).

Can someone tell Square management that it's just not economical to create new game each time.* why not go somewhere with XII

No. Final Fantasy XII has a sequel called Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, for the Nintendo DS. Also on the DS, the game Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift takes place in another part of the same world, years after Revenant Wings. You even meet Penelo and Vaan, now famous Sky Pirates, and recruit them for your team.

Nobody needs to tell them that, they already know Final Fantasy X had a sequel, Final Fantasy XII had a sequel, Final Fantasy XIII is a trilogy, Type-0 might get a sequel, and that's not even to mention the Crystal Chronicles series of games. Square Enix has been saying for years that they wanted to move away from the one-shot universes of old Final Fantasies and develop each universe a little more fully.

They just need to port IZJS to PS3 and I will be happy

I was disappointed that Fortress was never announced. I was hopeful for that game. It should have been XII, not XIII, that garnered sequels. Maybe its for the best though... its possible that the original teams vision wouldn't be properly put into a sequel on a smaller budget.

this

XII is one of my favourites for the reason that it has so much content to begin with. I've put over 180 hours into one play through as it is. I would just like to be able to play it on my Vita tbh, don't even care if it's HD

Hi, maybe it’s a bit too late, but I’d like to add my two cents on this matter.
    I’ve bought both the normal version and the zodiac version of the game and, after the sudden demise of my PS2, I can only play them on an emulator (well, the latter could only be played on an emulator just from the beginning).
    Between my pc hardware and video plugins, I always played the games in a quality level equal or near an HD remaster, so I see no reason to spend money for something I already have.
    Instead, I’ll be interested (and willing to buy) in a version that has been partially overhauled to accommodate some much needed changes.

First, had the plot of the game been focused more on characters rather than events, it might have worked better.
    This could be amended with new cutscenes: there could be opportunity for interesting tension between Vaan and Basch over the death of Reks, or a mentor-apprentice relationship between Vaan and Balthier, or a greater focus on the divide between Vaan as a commoner and Ashe as royalty, or they could show more of the maturity and wisdom of Basch.

But Vaan is the character that needs the biggest overhaul: they could show Vaan mature considerably along the way, transforming himself into a mature young man opposed to staying a whiny pirate wanna-be, a younger clone of Balthier.

Another thing I’d like to see changed is the absence of a love story; while it’s certainly true that a beautiful story can be told without romance at its core, I feel that its absence, coupled with the way the characters are portrayed, gives a bad feeling to the players.
    As a friend of mine stated, it’s like watching a beautiful gem, splendid but cold.
    I’m well aware of the divisions between fans regarding who would be the better choice to stand by Ashes’s side; the programmers could add a miniquest about this: the pairing would be determined by how you complete the miniquest; if the player instead prefer to let things how they were from the beginning, there will be no pairing at all. I am a stern fan of Vaan/Ashe pairing because I feel that Balthier values his freedom too much to sacrifice it even for love (and I believe he and Fran are a couple) and Basch, who is far from her to protect Larsa, is 17 years her senior.

This leads to my last request: a change in the last part of the ending, the one narrated by Penelo.
    I’ve not put more than 200 hours of my life only to witness a dissatisfying ending: the coronation of Ashe is the final goal of all the game and I can’t see it? And I’ve also to hear that Ashe is going more and more distant by her teammates? Oh queen, they are your closest friends, if it weren’t for them you won’t be queen and probably would be dead and you don’t have time for them? As queen you should at least choose who can enter your palace!

Square should show both coronation and Ashe’s wedding.
    Last edited by HeartOfLion; 25th Apr 2014 at 15:49.

Yesterday I was looking at my 2-discs Zodiac edition and decided to take a look at the extras.

While technically not a new game content, a 2 discs edition should be available for the PS3/PS4/whatever edition, with the inclusion of the two extras missing in the NA collector's edition: Patrick Stewart voiced trailer and the Theatre Mode, to let me watch the unfolding of this story through the cutscenes without hundreds of hours of grinding, chopping and mauling.

PLUS EVERYTHING I wrote in the previous post.