Certainly you guys are all familiar with (and hell, maybe even have played or own) the Project X Zone series on the 3DS, amirite?

For those of you who don't know (assuming there are any), it's a massive 2D side-scrolling, tactical turn-based crossover RPG series featuring characters from Sega, Capcom and Bandai-Namco (as well as a few crossover characters from other companies, i.e: Nintendo characters). As a matter of fact, they're apparently already in talks of making a 3rd PXZ game with Dante and Bayonetta as a Pair Unit.

Well, I just had an awesome idea: what if Square-Enix got involved with the 3rd game so as to not only add some of their characters to the mix (arguably the 4 biggest Japan devs all under one roof right there), but possibly even help build the game for an expanded release? It would be the first PXZ to feature SE characters as well as the first game to feature 3D graphics and environments and the first to make its way onto consoles. It could even have 2 versions: a 2D, turn-based game on the 3DS (and give-or-take PS Vita) developed by Monolith and a 3D, action-based port developed by SE for home consoles.

It would be a great system seller for the Switch no doubt. A FF-styled crossover JRPG with all these iconic characters from various franchises and companies (Cloud and Raiden would make a hell of a Pair Unit if they could somehow get Konami to play ball), damn, I'd happily fork over my wallet for that, DLC included. Hella strong female representation, too. Just imagine seeing Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Chun-Li, Nina Williams, Bayonetta, Morrigan Aensland, Aya Brea, Lightning, etc. all in the same game (hell, Nintendo could even throw in Samus for added measure, she'd make a great partner for Mega Man X). The only question is: would it really be worth investing the resources in a full-fledged 3D version of it for Namco considering the unflattering sales of the first 2 games? It certainly wouldn't come cheap.