Thread: Is life a video game, or not?

Is life a video game, or not?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/elon-musk-t...lation-1563278

I found a postcard, claiming life is a video game. However, I found online, a dirty song, (if mentions the f-word) called "Life is not a video game." There's also a novel, with the same name. Elon Musk, on the International Business Times, on the above link, thinks the universe is a video game. So, what do you think? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugosl View Post
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/elon-musk-t...lation-1563278

I found a postcard, claiming life is a video game. However, I found online, a dirty song, (if mentions the f-word) called "Life is not a video game." There's also a novel, with the same name. Elon Musk, on the International Business Times, on the above link, thinks the universe is a video game. So, what do you think? Thanks!
    It is what you make it. If you want to be able to do the superhuman things that you do in game then you have to apply yourself. although you may not be able to fly, cast magic or you know... RESPAWN! There are still some things that you can do. For example I started Free running/Parkour just because i loved Assassins Creed and Tomb Raider. I started martial arts because played a tone of games like thief and hitman. I did a intence security course that taught me how to get out of any situation without GAMEOVER appearing in front of my face. A little bit of dedication can turn your virtual reality into reality.

That is indeed a very interesting topic. It sounds really crazy - but we're getting basta live spelen more and more advanced with AI - as Elon said - 40 years ago we had two rectangles and a dot. Now we have 3D simulations, virtual reality, augmented reality, drones - technology grows really fast. There is always a chance that we are Artificial Intelligence that is creating another Aritificial Intelligence. We might live in a simulation... Wow I will have hard time going to sleep today. That's really deep. I guess we will find out... one day
    Last edited by Steff79; Yesterday at 08:12.

Yup. It is very interesting.

I read some articles about simulation hypothesis and it is really convincing. We can observe some processes, that indicate we are living in a "computer simulation" - like the "double slit experiment" (a mere fact of particles being observed changes their behaviour, which can be a side effect of some kind of optimising the simulation we are living in). On the other hand, I'm not sure if we will be ever able to definitely confirm the theory, just like a computer program cannot escape from the computer memory.

The nswer is the same as 'How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a Tootsie Pop?'

The world may never know...

I love that ad! In any case, we must learn as much as we can.