Thread: [Alpha] Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Early Footage

[Alpha] Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Early Footage

Brothers and sisters series LoK,you know this version

if you know then tell me where i can uploaded and someone have this version game uploaded on yandex.disk anything else
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 13th Feb 2017 at 17:21. Reason: Embedded video

This was just really alpha-version of SR1, may be for DreamCast, because there are some graphical improvements, but engine is still the same as we know (for PC-version of SR1, for example).
    P.S.: ask SE or CD for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrace0 View Post
    This was just really alpha-version of SR1, may be for DreamCast, because there are some graphical improvements, but engine is still the same as we know (for PC-version of SR1, for example).
    well.this alpha-versio cannot be uploaded,you have this version?

No, I do not have it. (It is enough for me to have usual PC-version of SR1.)

"That version exists....somewhere" is about all we can say. Many have tried since that video showed up - none with any success. The people holding it were reluctant to share - I've heard it was a technical issue to do with needing a copy of the actual disk for it to run - but nevertheless no copy was ever uploaded anywhere that I'm aware of.
    There are several beta versions drifting around, but none as early as that alpha.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

It's not the beta, because unlike the beta, it has a glow around his face to indicate Raziel's health rather than the health coil in the spectral realm, it has a bugged polygon on Raziel's cowl, the glyph icon and HUD is different, the vortex is white in this video, but blue in both versions of the beta. The debug menu has a different font than the betas as well. The souls and the shift portals are also more detailed, much like in the video shown at E3 before release and in the Proto1 demo.

It's definitely not the Dreamcast version, because otherwise it have the higher polygon model for Raziel.

@Rugnour, here's some more footage:
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 16th Feb 2017 at 03:15.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Vampmaster, is it possible (for you) to make the same improvements for the existed PC-version of SR1 as on the video of TS?
    (Say, font for debug menu.)

Vampmaster, is it possible (for you) to make the same improvements for the existed PC-version of SR1 as on the video of TS?
    (Say, font for debug menu.)
    Some parts are possible. I could probably get the debug menu using a font like that (it doesn't add any particular enjoyment to the game though) and I think I could manage the glow around Raziel's head and the more detailed souls. The HUD changes, would be difficult without a detailed reference, as would the old character models from the E3 video. It's possible I could get the vampire from the Proto1 demo with a bit of work.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

These will be nice things, I think. Thanks.

That's really cool. So Raziel was going to glow like Sluagh in the Spectral Realm to indicate his health, while in the Material Realm it would be the spiral. And is the shifting glyph the Elder God's eye?

Quote Originally Posted by FearGhoul View Post
    That's really cool. So Raziel was going to glow like Sluagh in the Spectral Realm to indicate his health, while in the Material Realm it would be the spiral. And is the shifting glyph the Elder God's eye?
    The final shift glyph is actually closer to the EG's eye. The one in the alpha is pretty much a standard yin/yang symbol. And yeah, in spectral, Raziel did have a colour coded head glow like the sluagh.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)