Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: XII Brilliance

XII Brilliance

I've decided to rack up my PS2 and play this game. Before XIII was released, I loved this game. It's absolutely the best installment in my taste. Currently having a Speed Run NLU challenge, and at Barheim Passage. Memories Memories..

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko
    I've decided to rack up my PS2 and play this game. Before XIII was released, I loved this game. It's absolutely the best installment in my taste. Currently having a Speed Run NLU challenge, and at Barheim Passage. Memories Memories..

I can't really say I enjoyed XII personally...

It has very fun gameplay with lots of sidequests, but I found the characters really didn't get enough development at ALL. Like they each had about 15 minutes of airtime, then we were thrown back into the main plot (which was OK imo) and then we never really revisited them again.

Especially after coming from a game chock full of incredible characters and story (Final Fantasy X), playing through XII I was really left with a "Huh? Where's the second HALF of the game!?" when the credits started rolling...

I think a lot of the lacklustre story has to do with the original lead bowing out during the creative process unfortunately.

It is depend on your taste , FFXII story is not suit for everyone . Especially , someone who like FFX . For me , FFXII is more* better than FFX not in term of story but overall

I have mixed feelings toward XII. I enjoy other Ivalice Alliance installments more (Tactics PSX, Vagrant Story) and I never really felt much from either the original Japanese release or the US version. I will say that International Zodiac Job System was amazing though- it really brought out the best of the battle system and especially the license board. Plus, oh how I love the fast-forward option. Since the job system benefits much more from using all six characters, it makes grinding so much more tolerable.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

I have mixed feelings toward XII. I enjoy other Ivalice Alliance installments more (Tactics PSX, Vagrant Story) and I never really felt much from either the original Japanese release or the US version. I will say that International Zodiac Job System was amazing though- it really brought out the best of the battle system and especially the license board. Plus, oh how I love the fast-forward option. Since the job system benefits much more from using all six characters, it makes grinding so much more tolerable.

I only had an issue with grinding my first playthrough.* I'm on my third now, and I don't even notice it... I spend so much time focusing on stealing loot from every enemy, and getting enough of each enemy to finish their bestiary entries, that I am either over-levelled or close to the desired level before I even notice.* Except mosphoran highwaste, that place seems to take FOREVER.

i have to admit, the characters were kinda boring in some ways, but the gameplay and the world is just amazing.

Once I'm done beasting the FF X-2 replay, I'll give this another go. I spent waay more hours on this game than any other game in the FF series initially. So many that I only went through this once. Not as crazy about the characters since I had gotten so attached to the ones in X, but the sheer enormity of all the hunts and whatnot more than made up for it. Which might be why my first (and second) impressions of XIII were, well, underwhelming.

Not to mention that Gilgamesh in XII had me seething with anger, until I beat the punk down. With Penelo. XD

why does everyone hate on the cast... it has Balthier for crying out loud... he makes up for it, right?* That leading man...

After beating XII, I can say that it was an enjoyable game for the most part.*

The cast of characters weren't as interesting as previous titles, but they didn't affect the game to me (I only liked Basch, Balthier, and the Judges). Gilgamesh's rendition in XII was simply epic.

The magic & summon system were kind of weak too. I barely used the Espers because they'd just get beat down because they were so weak, even though I was at a high level. Some magics that were available to enemies were not available on the License System (such as Waterga and ANY Earth spells).

The battle system was in MMO fashion, but it was solid. The Gambit system was almost a perfect system that almost never failed (to me at least).

Exploration was awesome in XII. One thing you can't call this game is linear. The Hunts & Rare Game gives you more reasons to go and explore. Not to mention some of the powerful weapons in this game require a little bit of grind time in order to gain all of the materials.

It even proved a challenge to me once I got to the harder bosses like Omega Mark XII & the loathsome Yiazmat (50 Million HP!?).

Not the best FF in my book, but it is definitely not a bad game.

Originally Posted by Chas_XV

The cast of characters weren't as interesting as previous titles, but they didn't affect the game to me (I only liked Basch, Balthier, and the Judges). Gilgamesh's rendition in XII was simply epic.

The magic & summon system were kind of weak too. I barely used the Espers because they'd just get beat down because they were so weak, even though I was at a high level. Some magics that were available to enemies were not available on the License System (such as Waterga and ANY Earth spells).

The battle system was in MMO fashion, but it was solid. The Gambit system was almost a perfect system that almost never failed (to me at least).

Exploration was awesome in XII. One thing you can't call this game is linear. The Hunts & Rare Game gives you more reasons to go and explore. Not to mention some of the powerful weapons in this game require a little bit of grind time in order to gain all of the materials.

It even proved a challenge to me once I got to the harder bosses like Omega Mark XII & the loathsome Yiazmat (50 Million HP!?).

Not the best FF in my book, but it is definitely not a bad game.

*ive had that game for years now and im not even through my first play through lol i need a good grinding spot...any suggestions???

It depends on what level you're at. I'd say from lvl 60- to go to the Pharos.

Lol, Youtube is one of the best way to level up things.

One of these days I will probably give XII another play but I need to finish my billionth playthrough of X and get the post story side-quests of XIII-2 out of the way.*

I adore XII, the story was a bit weak, but hell, the game was so deatiled and huge it simply eclipsed any FF before it(in terms of actual world size), *anyone whose run from Rabanastre to Geruvegan can attest to this(and that damn crystal, was lost in it for two whole days after). I am currently replaying the IZJS version, and I like that I can control the summons and simply bring them in for their overdrives(lets be honest, compared to X the summons in XII became quiet weak after getting the ice summon), The only thing am dreading is fighting Zodiark again, that damn summon gave me hell, for some unknown reason I had a harder time with him than Omega Mark XII, cant wait to take on Yiazmat and the Hell worm again.*

As for those who wish to grind, simply do as many hunts as you can before you progress through the story, or better yet if you are in the beginning, try getting back and forth to the Zertinan caverns,hehe.

I tend to enjoy character development and storyline progression, so FFXII isn't one of my favorite in the series.* However, the game is more challenging and deeper battle wise.* I don't mind the characters in the game, I just wish they would have had Ashe, Basch, or Balthier as the main character in the storyline.* I didnt care for the different chest items based on percentages either.* I dont want to obtain the best gun or greatsword or w/e by chance from a treasure chest, especially if it's a weapon I really want.* What is fun about zoning two maps away every time you dont get what you want from a treasure chest to try again, over and over and over.

100%(ing) this bad boy.

Originally Posted by Chas_XV

Add Vayne and Cid in the parentheses and this is exactly my point!

One amazing thing with XII is the variety of challenges.

I would replay XII along with X and hopefully X-2 thounsand of times inside a bluray disc!!!!!!!!![img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/img] Anyone got the Order Of Ambrosia rank? I honorably did![img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif[/img]

This is the first mature FF. *I know the character depth could have been better on say Penolo but this game overall is one of the best in the series. *I still don't know why most for rate it as one of their faves but that is life. *I would love for them to release the sequel on the eshop network for the 3ds because I never played it.*

I enjoyed FF12.* I've played through the game multiple times.

I want to throw something out there for a minute...** Would anyone else like to see more than 99 or 100 exp levels?* I don't mean like the setup FF13-2 had.* I mean having a level cap of 200, 255, or even 999 for each character.* I guess I'm just a quirky level lover.* lol

ANYway, if FF12 shows up on PSN, I'll buy it.

Replaying Final Fantasy XII: Thoughts (?)

Yes, do something more with this title.

Easy way for Square to make money.

I was looking at my gaming backlog and realized many games I haven't beaten were PS2 games. I glanced over and realized that FFXII was on the list. I bought this game around the time it came out, and I still haven't beaten the story. I think I remember getting stuck at a boss and then dropping it in favour of some other games, and eventually just forgot about it.

But from the little I remember, I was really enjoying the mature, political story. Especially as an extension of the Ivalice world, I thought from what I played so far it was doing a great job. Compared to all the melodrama many other FF games had over the years, FFXII was startingly refreshing for the series.

Now though, I'm going to try to get through all my PS2 games I've yet to beat, and I'm working on FFXII now. I'm not looking for 100% completion, but I wanna try to level up as much as possible so I can possibly cruise through the rest of the game story.

Anyways, I'm trying to use that infamous Dustia trick. I've managed to chain Dustia, but everytime I go to pick up the loot, I take too long, and the game registers it's defeat, so I need to zone out and then back in, breaking the chain. Very annoying.

Plus getting Pheonix Downs that early is annoying, especially since Dustia loot is suppose to finance them, but like I said, it ain't easy, lol.

But aside from that, I'm trying to decide how much I should level up before going on with the story. I figured I'd just go to 25-30 lvl, but I've seen people go waaay beyond that, though I don't know if I have enough patience for that...

Please post your thoughts if you feel XII was exceptional.

There are good games out there, XIII, Skyrim, ect.

But XII was far and away the best game I have ever played.* It just saddens me that Square has not made something on the same level.

Square, please, please, consider FF XV in the same genre or make as XII.* Could have a battle system like XIII but needs to have serious characters, great sound, and MOST IMPORTANT an OPEN WORLD.

Don't be beat out by Bethesda (Skyrim).

How did Square create a game, XII, that surpases all games I have played on PS3???? and still be on the PS2 console?

This game is amazing how*did they do it and why can't it be done again?**

Page 1 of 2 12 Last