Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ECC Forum welcome thread :-) Introduce yourself!

Welcome......I think Staticon's welcome was closer to the mark than Rook's........but I think you will have fun too....

Originally posted by staticon
    Welcome to the mad house.
    Aye!
    signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

Welcome, uglymonkey!

cheers one and all - you're a friendly bunch, hope I get to know you a little better.

(also a diverse lot too - look at the nationality spread - cool)

James
    James

Smile

Hello uglymonkey, welcome to the forum!

Welcome UM! or should eye say, primate-not-so-easy-on-the-eyes!

DrRock
    ...... doing somthing constructive at once is better than figuring out the best thing to do later.

Big Grin

Hello, uglymonkey

Welcome to the Forums!

hello
    WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!

o btw... watch out for miss prelude hehe just jokin

thanks everybody - you're all very kind . . . *wells up*

James
    James

Big Grin

Ok, I've looked around for a couple of days, and I haven't found one of these. Most new members tend to start a completely new thread to introduce themselves (kind of like what I'm doing now), or just jump in and start posting without the intro. I prefer having an introduction, makes getting to know people a tiny bit easier. So this is what I'm going with.

Anyway, without further ado here is my self intro hehe.

Intro:
    The name is AC, I'm newish here. Currently 22 (ie, born in 1985), jobless, with a bachlors degree in comp sci - software engineering.

General interests:
    include gaming, model guns, reading/writing, singing, song writing, making short films,programming, basketball, martial arts and Chinese sword dance.

Special Abilities:
    I'm fluent in English, Mandarin (sorry, I don't speak orange, banana, or mango ), bad English. I am so known to speak geek, and sometimes bits of broken Japanese.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi, I'm Omega - but folks might just want to call me Lee instead!

I'm 22 (born in '84), and have just finished my first year at Brighton Uni doing a degree called "Digital Media Developement" (basically multimedia type stuff).

General Interests
    Gardening, photography, and video games.

Special Skills
    Flying, and super human strength.

Seriously though, I play the piano and trombone - though not both at once - and whilst I don't speak any languages fluently (apart from English), I do know a bit of Spanish, and am currently teaching myself German.

Hi i am Werner (known as Jonny, or John my sunday name) I am 32 years old (Born 1975) i work as a Psychiatric Nurse in an A & E department a bit like abs from casualty

Hobbies/Interests

Do a bit of mountaineering indoors did outdoors a few times in Glencoe, brilliant, Videogames, Music Reading and Cyber geeking if that's a hobby.

Special Skills

Can do a mean Enema Joking aside can play sax, claim to fame the music you hear when you are on hold to BT the guy that plays the sax is my old tutor. Can speak basic school French/Spanish fluent in English rather gifted with maths and equations got the school dux of the year award (I don't know if that's good or bad)
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"

Greetings Lee and hiya Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Special Skills
    Seriously though, I play the piano and trombone

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Von Croy View Post
    Can do a mean Enema Joking aside can play sax

got the school dux of the year award (I don't know if that's good or bad)
    awesome, first 3 posters are all musicians (sort of, lol), I drum for a tiny local band, also play a bit of harmonica, and shinobue (that's Japanese flute).

oh, and gratz on the dux, that's quite an achievement

Oh, I should add "master procrastinator" for my special skills too!

Quote Originally Posted by DayLightX View Post
    Greetings Lee and hiya Jonny

awesome, first 3 posters are all musicians (sort of, lol), I drum for a tiny local band, also play a bit of harmonica, and shinobue (that's Japanese flute).

oh, and gratz on the dux, that's quite an achievement
    Bows from gratitude, learning to play a musical instrument is a verygood idea, gets you into rythmm thinking terms, excellent to improve co-ordination and good for the confidence as well

Hey there I'm also known as Christine or Chris. I live in Putnam Ontario Canada.

Hobbies; meditating ,womens slow pitch , video games and gardening.

I''m self employed , I'm a certified Relfexologist , a certified hot stone massage therapist and a Reiki Pratitioner.

sorry I haven't played a musical instument in a long time.

Well thats me.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly2 View Post
    Hey there I'm also known as Christine or Chris. I live in Putnam Ontario Canada.

Hobbies; meditating ,womens slow pitch , video games and gardening.

I''m self employed , I'm a certified Relfexologist , a certified hot stone massage therapist and a Reiki Pratitioner.

sorry I haven't played a musical instument in a long time.

Well thats me.
    Welcome Chris

Smile Well I haven't introduced myself so, what the hell...

My name is Philip, my interests are Tomb Raider, going on the computer, loving my dogs and meeting new people.

I come from South Africa and I now live in the UK now and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
    My name is Philip, my interests are Tomb Raider, going on the computer, loving my dogs and meeting new people.

I come from South Africa and I now live in the UK now and that's about it.
    Loved South Africa was in Cape Town and Durbin whilst there

Hello everyone who doesn't know me (in other words lots of blind and/or deaf people)

My name is Lo and I am British.

I'm 39 years young and some of my interests include:

UFOlogy, science, fishing, camping, animal welfare, travel, camping, rambling, computing, criminology, Vinegar, Big Brother, Supertramp, Tomb Raiding and sleeping a lot

What was the question again?
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lo. View Post
    my interests include:

animal welfare, Vinegar, Big Brother, Tomb Raiding
    Me too!

Vinegar is what keeps me so well preserved Phlip
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo. View Post
    Vinegar is what keeps me so well preserved Phlip
    It's good for your blood, unclogs your arteries

Intro:
    I am Staticon - also known as kev and 'Oy you!', Currently 51 (born 1955), sadly, in full employment but can't wait to retire or die (whichever comes first)
    I have no formal qualifications but, nonetheless, have had a varied career ranging from explosives research and development to database maintenance via programming in machine language and water quality analysis for organic herbicides, pesticides (both organo-phosphorous and organo-chlorinated), speciated tins (used in marine paint to repel barnacles) and phenols.
    I'm also the oldest person to have posted so far. (Both age-wise and in terms of joining date.)

General interests:
    I still tinker with computers and have quite a collection of old hardware (see What is the oldest piece of computer hardware you own? thread). I also like and/or dabble with photography, literature, computer art, cats and music - both listening to or creating my own.
    [shameless plug]Static Gravity / Splinter[/shameless plug]

Special Abilities:
    I'm fluent in English and enjoy the utilisation of verbose vocabulary by way of demonstration of my, near legendary, grasp of my native tongue. I am reasonably proficient in punctuation as well.
    I, too, have been known to speak Geek or, as I prefer to call it, Jargon. I also play keyboards and bass guitar and, when pushed, do vocals.
    Oh, and I play TR and also build custom levels. (12 so far)

And I've probably missed out a thing or two from this as my memory is fading.

[EDIT]I make sigs.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

Question

I'm somewhat unclear about the vinegar... What are you supposed to with it? Not drink... I hope.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast