Thread: Room not registering?

Room not registering?

Question Room not registering?

Hey fellow builders, I am having an issue with my room that I built and it's been driving me crazy. Was once a teleportation room but for some reason once I expanded the room a bit to the border of the zone, it just wouldn't register anymore. All my other rooms share the same wall that sits on the zone but for some reason this one isn't working. I broke it down, rebuilt again. Checked for holes which proved to have none. Built another wall on the inside of the zone and still doesn't work. I've put a bed, light source and it still doesn't make it register. Anything I could have missed? Outside walls are 3 high while inside walls are 2 high since I've got another layer of blocks for a floor. Thanks in advance and hope to hear from builder's soon!

Mmm all i can think of is this: If the room is too big (more than 100 blocks), it wont register as a room. If its outside the base, even if its just a bit, won't register either.

What constitutes "Outside the base". I haven't see a definition

Originally Posted by jcwarnerii
    What constitutes "Outside the base". I haven't see a definition
    The town area is lighter and the music changes when you enter or exit it.

This isn't entirely true. You can build a room outside your base, but it just won't count towards your base. However About the size of the room is true. If you are building a room, You need to make sure that Your Wall height is at least 2 high, but the Square Footage is no more than 10x10 in which = 100 blocks. Also if you have Staircases in the same room, it could potentially offset the room, or perhaps a Doorway that isn't closed off by a door. You could also be missing one of the following: (LightSource. Pot, or Chest) depending upon the room type.

I'm not sure about others, But I usually build my Walls, 5 High. Reason for this is because when I go to make the next floor up, I want to make sure that I have enough room for a ceiling and still be able to see properly from the camera angles.

Originally Posted by slime_fan
    The town area is lighter and the music changes when you enter or exit it.
    I always build 2-ply walls, for this very reason, Just to make sure that I am on the inside limits of my base. So for example, I would check to see where my music changes, then step in one more block, Then use a 2-ply thick Wall construction to make my Outside Base Walls. Then For a Perimeter, I would extend outwards about 5-10 blocks all the way around my base to apply any Pitfalls, or Spikes, or Motes of Water I am trying to incorporate.