Thread: Episode 1 For Free

Episode 1 For Free

Episode 1 For Free
    Get Life Is Strange Episode 1 for free!
    - Starting July 21 we are making Episode 1 of Life is Strange available entirely for free for everyone!

It's not free on mine.

https://postimg.org/image/h6p0mywz5/

Episode 1 - Release Schedule
    For anyone waiting for Episode One to go free today, here is the full release timing for today!

10 Reasons Why You Should Play It
    “Life Is Strange” Is Finally Here For Everyone! (Autostraddle)
    - 10 Reasons You Should Stop What You’re Doing And Play It

I downloaded the free episode on Saturday and played it through. It took longer than expected for an episode but probably due to me grinding all areas as well as initiating conversations with every character around.

I was worried that the game would be too centered towards teenagers and that I would have had problems relating to the characters. I had no personal issue with this. I felt like I was in the same situation as the character, new at a school and had to get to learn new names and attitudes to fit in. The camera angle did not move too quickly either so I had no problem with motion sickness. It moves at a faster pace than "Until Dawn" but not so fast that you get a headache. You will perhaps do a bit of heavy reading in her diary in the first episode, but I thought it was a brilliant way to introduce the players to the story and her circumstances. I truly felt like I was new to the scene, so I enjoyed the interactions with the environment and felt interested in the development of the story. The soundtrack also positively surprised me.

I admittedly did not buy the second episode immediately after finishing the first. Completing the free episode in one sitting was enough of the game for one day. However, will definitely pick up the next as soon as time allows.

I therefore suggest everyone to give the free episode a shot and see if it is for you

Just an addendum to this thread. Playstation Network is having a Square Enix sale this week, and for those who have downloaded the first episode for free but have been procrastinating on the following episodes, you're in luck! The full game is now available for only $10! That's a steal in my opinion. Do it now!