Thread: FAQ - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

FAQ - Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

FAQ For the recently announced Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

What content is available on my platform of choice, and at what cost?

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (PlayStation 4)
    • Available at Retail & for Digital Download for $59.99
    • Award-winning Rise of the Tomb Raider
    • "Blood Ties” & “Lara’s Nightmare” premium DLC
    • Co-op support for “Endurance Mode”
    • Brutal new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode (no checkpoints)
    • Re-envisioned cold-weather outfit and weapon for Lara inspired by Tomb Raider III
    • Classic Card Pack: Play any Expedition mode as one of five favorite classic Lara models
    • All existing DLC including “Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch” and “Cold Darkness Awakened”, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, 35 Expedition Cards, and more
    • Support for PlayStation VR that challenges players to unlock the mysteries of Croft Manor in first person

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (PC)
    • Available at Retail (EU Only) & for Digital Download for $59.99
    • Award-winning Rise of the Tomb Raider
    • “Blood Ties” & “Lara’s Nightmare” premium DLC
    • Co-op support for “Endurance Mode”
    • Re-envisioned cold-weather outfit and weapon for Lara inspired by Tomb Raider III
    • Classic Card Pack: Play any Expedition mode as one of five favorite classic Lara models
    • All existing DLC including “Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch” and “Cold Darkness Awakened”, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, 35 Expedition Cards, and more

Rise of the Tomb Raider “Blood Ties” Upgrade (Xbox One or PC)
    • Available for Digital Download free for current Season Pass holders
    • Available for Digital Download for $9.99 for non-Season Pass holders
    • “Blood Ties” & “Lara’s Nightmare” premium DLC

Will Xbox 360 owners have access to “Blood Ties?”
    No. “Blood Ties” is available only for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

Will Xbox 360 owners have access to co-op “Endurance Mode?”
    No. Co-op “Endurance Mode” is available only for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

Is VR Support coming to any other platform?
    VR support for “Blood Ties” will only be available on PlayStation 4 at launch.

Why the full retail price point for PlayStation 4 and PC?
    Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes not only the award-winning and critically acclaimed full game, but the entire season pass (a $29.99 value), and an abundance of new content including a new story chapter called “Blood Ties”, co-op play for “Endurance Mode”, all previously released outfits and weapons, and more. We feel this is a great value for the $59.99 price point.

Why is there no season pass for PlayStation 4?
    As all previously released DLC is included in Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, a season pass is not required.

Do current Xbox One and PC season pass holders have to pay for the upgrade?
    Current Xbox One and PC season pass holders will automatically receive the “Blood Ties” upgrade for free. Moving forward, the content will be added to the existing season pass for new purchasers. If you do not own the season pass and wish to purchase only the “Blood Ties” upgrade, you can do so for $9.99.

PlayStation VR launches October 13, 2016, while Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration launches October 11, 2016. Will this content not be accessible until October 13?
    The content will be available on October 11th when the game launches, however, PlayStation VR equipment will be required to access the VR mode.

How long is “Blood Ties?”
    Solving the mysteries of Croft Manor in “Blood Ties” takes over 60 minutes of play. “Lara’s Nightmare” is a replayable mode within Croft Manor.

Can “Lara’s Nightmare” also be played in VR?
    “Lara’s Nightmare” isn’t available to play in VR.

In “Endurance Mode” co-op, who is the second character?
    Nadia will be the second playable character in co-op “Endurance Mode”. However, through clever design and dialogue, each player will appear as Lara, collaborating with Nadia for survival.

What Classic Lara Croft skins are included in the Classic Card Pack?
    The following five skins will be available in the Classic Card Pack:
    • Original Croft Manor Skin
    • Classic Tomb Raider II Skin
    • Tomb Raider II Bomber Jacket Skin
    • Tomb Raider: Chronicles Catsuit Skin
    • Classic Angel of Darkness Skin

Will the classic Lara skins be playable in Rise of the Tomb Raider’s campaign? UPDATED
    The skins are part of a card pack and usable in “Expedition Modes” such as “Chapter Replay”, “Score Attack”, and “Endurance Mode”. Additionally, after finishing the main campaign (story complete) the classic Lara Croft skins become unlocked and you can wear them as you re-traverse through the world.

Which Tomb Raider III outfit was reimagined for Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration?
    The Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration outfit is an updated take on Lara Croft’s Antarctica outfit for Tomb Raider III, perfect for exploring the frozen landscapes of Siberia. The weapon is a new take on the classic Tomb Raider uzi.

Will ALL previous DLC be made available in the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration edition or upgrade pack, including pre-order skins and community unlocks?
    Yes, all past pre-order skins and community unlocks will be available in 20 Year Celebration.

How does “Extreme Survivor” differ from other difficulty modes?
    This new difficulty level takes the toughness of “Survivor” and ratchets it up several notches starting with all checkpoints being stripped out of the game. The only way to save the game is forage enough resources to light campfires.

Will the “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode also be available for the Expedition modes?
    “Extreme Survivor” difficulty is only available in the main Rise of the Tomb Raider campaign, as it is designed to test user’s skills in longer play sessions without checkpoints.

Is Twitch streaming functionality included in Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration for PlayStation 4?
    PlayStation 4 players will have Twitch integration featuring custom frame and viewer voting.

Is the October 11, 2016 release date global? Or are there different dates depending on the territory?
    Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration launches on October 11 worldwide.

Where can I buy the Artbook Edition of Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration for PlayStation 4 or PC?
    The Artbook Edition of Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration will be available worldwide on PlayStation 4 with participating retailers. Select European retailers will also offer the Artbook Edition for PC. Check with local retailers for more information.

------------------------------

update August 9, 2016:

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

Is the Co-Op Endurance mode going to be made available through the “Blood Ties” update on PC and Xbox One?

If players have purchased the Endurance Mode DLC, they will automatically receive the Co-Op mode via a patch when “Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration” launches. The Endurance Mode DLC can be purchased as part of the Season Pass or as standalone DLC.

Will the Co-Op Endurance Mode be available for season pass holders on Xbox One?

If players have purchased the Endurance Mode DLC, they will automatically receive the Co-Op mode via a patch when “Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration” launches.

Will the PS4 version be running in full HD 1080p?

We’re still optimizing the game, but our target is 1080p at a minimum of 30 fps. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Will Rise of the Tomb Raider be supported on PS4 Neo with higher resolution?

We have nothing to announce at this time.

Will there be a 20 Year Celebration Edition for Xbox One? Will it be available for purchase at retail?

The additional content for the 20 Year Celebration - aside from VR compatibility for Blood Ties - will only be available digitally on Xbox One.

Will there be an artbook version available for Xbox One?

The artbook is only available in the Artbook Edition which is for the physical version of the PS4. The additional content in the 20 Year Celebration – aside from VR compatibility for Blood Ties – will be available digitally on Xbox One.

Why are the new DLCs not supported on Xbox 360?

We always push ourselves with each game we deliver, striving to find ways to make it special. In order to deliver the highest quality and best possible experience, this sometimes means making difficult decisions on the platforms we support, and in this case we focused on the latest hardware. “Blood Ties” and Co-op “Endurance Mode” are available only for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

Is a Collector’s Edition with the PlayStation 4 version made available planned?

We don’t have any details to announce at this time.

Arabic Localization

Will Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration be localized in Arabic?

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration on PS4 will be fully localized with both Arabic voiceover and subtitles.

Will Nadine Njeim be reprising her role at Lara Croft for the Arabic voiceover?

A new voice actress will take lead on the Arabic dub, with details to be announced at a later date.

What will be localized in Arabic for Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration on PS4?

The game will be fully localized, including the menus, subtitles and dialogue.

Will the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration with Arabic localization be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360 or PC?

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration with Arabic localization will be available only on PS4.
    Last edited by Driber; 9th Aug 2016 at 11:19. Reason: update

All sounds great, but just to clarify; the co-op for the Endurance mode will be available to season pass holders?

So, no Artbook Edition for Xbox One users? Is this a joke? I mean, I'm glad I can get all new content through the season pass, but this seems like a nice FU to Xbox gamers. Trying to make things right with Sony or something stupid? Yes, I'm quite angry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ingramworks View Post
    All sounds great, but just to clarify; the co-op for the Endurance mode will be available to season pass holders?
    I have the same doubt. The co-op for “Endurance Mode" doesn't appear on the list above but it does on the question below. Will it be avaliable with the season pass on Xbox One?

It doesn't seem very fair, this thing. Why should the "Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration" edition be only avaliable on PS4 and PC and not on the Xbox One? I know many people who were waiting for something like this to buy the game and now they're quite angry. I understand you must make PS4 owners happy after the long waiting but this is like a punch in the face for the One's fanbase.
    Last edited by tommaso17; 19th Jul 2016 at 18:18.

Well it's probably because tomb raider hasn't even been on xbox for 20 years, it has only been on it for 10. Half the time of which it has been on ps & pc which SE excluded from their deal.

Yeah not only the Xbox One players. There are also couple of guys (like me) who played it on the 360. And we are getting nothing of it at all, even though the same company develops/developed the PC and the 360 version... -____-' Guess who we are feeling...

Are we Xbox 360 players at least getting the new outfit cards, when we are excluded from the new DLC modes...? I am REALLY pissed, because I feel like we don't need to get the whole game. These stupid different versions on every *** console of one and the same game are a plague...

Hey, whoever is responsible, would be great if you at least fixed the bugs in the 360 version that are preventing some players who actually still enjoy the game from finishing the expedition mode! When we are already left out of new content...

Quote Originally Posted by Forsythia View Post
    So, no Artbook Edition for Xbox One users? Is this a joke? I mean, I'm glad I can get all new content through the season pass, but this seems like a nice FU to Xbox gamers. Trying to make things right with Sony or something stupid? Yes, I'm quite angry about this.
    In my opinion, Xbox has received quite a lot already, including almost a full year of exclusivity. They've got to give something to PS4 owners. If it matters that much to you, just check eBay or something after the PS4 version launches. Someone is bound to sell their art book.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    In my opinion, Xbox has received quite a lot already, including almost a full year of exclusivity. They've got to give something to PS4 owners.
    PS4 owners are getting the game + all DLC for $60, is that not enough? Why should PS4 players get something extra? As an Xbox gamer I didn't ask MS and SE to make the timed exclusivity deal, so why should I be 'punished'? We're all Tomb Raider fans, right, regardless of platform?

FYI all, more FAQ's are in the works and will be posted once available. Please be patient

I have it on PC, but will get it again on PS4. Cause I don't have the season pass, and want all the extra stuff in one package in physical. Anyway, is the PS4/PC artbook edition only available as pre-order? thank you.

PS4 owners are getting the game + all DLC for $60, is that not enough? Why should PS4 players get something extra? As an Xbox gamer I didn't ask MS and SE to make the timed exclusivity deal, so why should I be 'punished'? We're all Tomb Raider fans, right, regardless of platform?
    You did not ask for it. But you got it. And PS4 Tomb Raider fans had to bear watching first Xbox and then PC Tomb Raider fans get and enjoy the game and it's DLC while they had to stand on the outside looking in, as well as having to endure two years of absolute silence about the PS4 release, except for a single confirmation of the release last year. I can tell you how difficult that was. I was one of them. Trust me, madam; the slight you feel now is as a sneeze in comparison to pneumonia. So in order to compensate, PS4 fans get all these extras, including the book.

You are absolutely correct: we are all TR fans. That is the single worst damage that this deal did to the fanbase: it sundered it and segregated the fans, and caused great strife and division. This release is an effort to repair that breach, with PS4 getting the most out of it, since PS4 fans suffered the most, by far.

Come on. We waited a whole 11 months for this. I mean it would be cruel if they just gave us the game and be like, 'Hey, now you have to pay the same xbox players did when the game came out for them for the season pass.' This is there sorry to us.

And if your REALLY DESPERATE, rather spend your money on this ( https://www.primagames.com/games/20-...aider/products ). Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by geekynerdy_mario View Post
    Come on. We waited a whole 11 months for this. I mean it would be cruel if they just gave us the game and be like, 'Hey, now you have to pay the same xbox players did when the game came out for them for the season pass.' This is there sorry to us.

And if your REALLY DESPERATE, rather spend your money on this ( https://www.primagames.com/games/20-...aider/products ). Your welcome
    Thanks a lot for the link. That looks like a good deal for under $20

12 outfits? So Valiant Explorer stays XBOX ONE exclusive forever?
    I've spotted it in Infographic though. If it will be released then maybe it's 13 DLC outfits?
    Let's see if I'm wrong:

01) Sparrowhawk (Sparrowhawk Pack Pre-order DLC)
    02) Apex Predator (Apex Predator Pack Pre-order DLC)
    03) Nightshade (Wilderness Survivor DLC)
    04) Immortal Guardian (Prophet's Legacy DLC)
    05) Hope's Bastion (Hope's Bastion Pack Pre-order DLC)
    06) Ancient Vanguard (Ancient Vanguard DLC)
    07) Shadow Runner (Tactical Survivor Pack Pre-order DLC)
    08) Siberian Ranger (Siberian Ranger DLC)
    09) Spirit Weaver (aka "Remnant Outfit", Remnant Resistance Pack Pre-order DLC)
    10) Pioneer (Endurance Mode DLC)
    11) Valiant Explorer (Pringles Promo, XBOX ONE Exclusive DLC)
    12) Wraithskin (Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch DLC)
    13) Ushanka Camo (Cold Darkness Awakened DLC)

[Edited]
    Thank you so much, I'm really excited, have fun celebrating, guys.

New FAQs:

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

Is the Co-Op Endurance mode going to be made available through the “Blood Ties” update on PC and Xbox One?

If players have purchased the Endurance Mode DLC, they will automatically receive the Co-Op mode via a patch when “Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration” launches. The Endurance Mode DLC can be purchased as part of the Season Pass or as standalone DLC.

Will the Co-Op Endurance Mode be available for season pass holders on Xbox One?

If players have purchased the Endurance Mode DLC, they will automatically receive the Co-Op mode via a patch when “Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration” launches.

Will the PS4 version be running in full HD 1080p?

We’re still optimizing the game, but our target is 1080p at a minimum of 30 fps. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Will Rise of the Tomb Raider be supported on PS4 Neo with higher resolution?

We have nothing to announce at this time.

Will there be a 20 Year Celebration Edition for Xbox One? Will it be available for purchase at retail?

The additional content for the 20 Year Celebration - aside from VR compatibility for Blood Ties - will only be available digitally on Xbox One.

Will there be an artbook version available for Xbox One?

The artbook is only available in the Artbook Edition which is for the physical version of the PS4. The additional content in the 20 Year Celebration – aside from VR compatibility for Blood Ties – will be available digitally on Xbox One.

Why are the new DLCs not supported on Xbox 360?

We always push ourselves with each game we deliver, striving to find ways to make it special. In order to deliver the highest quality and best possible experience, this sometimes means making difficult decisions on the platforms we support, and in this case we focused on the latest hardware. “Blood Ties” and Co-op “Endurance Mode” are available only for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

Is a Collector’s Edition with the PlayStation 4 version made available planned?

We don’t have any details to announce at this time.

Arabic Localization

Will Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration be localized in Arabic?

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration on PS4 will be fully localized with both Arabic voiceover and subtitles.

Will Nadine Njeim be reprising her role at Lara Croft for the Arabic voiceover?

A new voice actress will take lead on the Arabic dub, with details to be announced at a later date.

What will be localized in Arabic for Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration on PS4?

The game will be fully localized, including the menus, subtitles and dialogue.

Will the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration with Arabic localization be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360 or PC?

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration with Arabic localization will be available only on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan251 View Post
    Yeah not only the Xbox One players. There are also couple of guys (like me) who played it on the 360. And we are getting nothing of it at all, even though the same company develops/developed the PC and the 360 version... -____-' Guess who we are feeling...

Are we Xbox 360 players at least getting the new outfit cards, when we are excluded from the new DLC modes...? I am REALLY pissed, because I feel like we don't need to get the whole game. These stupid different versions on every *** console of one and the same game are a plague...

Hey, whoever is responsible, would be great if you at least fixed the bugs in the 360 version that are preventing some players who actually still enjoy the game from finishing the expedition mode! When we are already left out of new content...
    that is my question too! they're saying that we're being excluded from endurance co-op and blood ties! does that mean that we'll get the outfits and the new difficulty mode? im confused! nobody answers questions about 360 anymore! and this happened with other dlc too! they only cover xbox one or pc and we just wait to see what we get!

Which DLC, if any, do you have to purchase to get the Extreme Survivor achievement? Will anyone with the game have access to the new difficulty?
    ----------------
    "Brutal new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode (no checkpoints)

What about windows 10 store ? Bought on october 11 "20 Year Celebration pack" and still can't access to new story...

I have recently bought the 20 anniversay edition from Amazon's UK site.. At the back of the art book there is a space for a disc but there is no disc. I returned this and received a replacement and there was no disc in the replacement either. Other customers on Amazon have said the same thing. Is this correct or should there be a disc. Thanks