Thread: Remembering the good times as the gates to Nosgoth close

Remembering the good times as the gates to Nosgoth close

Remembering the good times as the gates to Nosgoth close

(click image to enlarge)

This morning Nosgoth bid farewell to our world as it transitioned into maintenance mode for the final time. While deeply saddening, it was great to see so many community members banding together to create matches, create asset archives, and generally try to make the most of Nosgoth’s final few hours.

On behalf of the Nosgoth team, I would like to thank everyone who took up arms against vampire-kind or thoroughly enjoyed sinking their fangs into digital flesh. Your passion for the game and franchise went a long way toward keeping us energised and on our toes.

Having spoken to quite a few of you, we know that many friendships were formed around the game; and many an epic moment resulted in tumultuous laughing until the point of nearly passing out. These are the memories and experiences that we hope you hold on to, and take with you from your time with Nosgoth. Those are certainly the memories that will remain with us the longest.

With the game now shutting down, the rest of Nosgoth’s services such as the website, Steam page, Steam community hub etc, will also be shutting down. You can find the timeline for those actions here.

Once again, thank you all. It has been an absolute pleasure.
    Oghamsmith,
    On behalf of the Nosgoth team
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 2nd Jun 2016 at 12:25.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

As a personal note, I would like to say a sincere thanks to everyone who made my transition onto Nosgoth so easy, and so much fun. I was overwhelmed by community members volunteering their help and assistance. There are too many people to name here, but you all know who you are; and you are a credit to the community. The positive impact that you had on the game goes further than most of you realise. Whichever games you decide to become involved with next will be lucky to have you.

Now, as alluded to above. I’m firmly of the belief that wakes should celebrate the good times rather than wallow in the bad. These folks know how to do it properly:

I’ve had many a good chat with folks across a multitude of mediums. Thank you all for those. Of course, I’ll never forget picking off a few random kills on stream (in-between absolutely ridiculous amounts of deaths :P), while being heckled from chat. Good times .

Thank you everyone. Thank you for making this such an enjoyable journey.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Lucinvampire has set up a facebook group where a number of us have been posting pictures, memories and speculations of what would have happened next. Anyone wanting to stay in touch should check it out. A lot of the regular forum members have shown up there already.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1701397363481015/
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I just wanted to come here and share a few words really, I know the forum is still active and we'll be getting somewhere to continue but I feel as it’s the last day of the game I just well wanted to say something.

It has been a wonderful journey for the last two and a half years. I remember meeting fellow fans and the devs like it was yesterday, and since that time well so many friendships have been formed, not just online but in real life too. I was lucky enough to meet the gang at SE and also those at Psyonix and it was truly a pleasure. I also got to meet even more amazing people at the second meet, and most of us have continue on our friendships, we've met up a couple of times since (at EGX and last week at MCM London), and well the community, everyone, all the members on here, in game and well wherever our paths have crossed has been great...maybe not the ragers or the hackers but hey even every dysfunctional family has to have its quirky folks.

I have greatly enjoyed my time speaking with you all, annoying the devs and generally hanging about this place, as well as playing with you all in game – I say playing, I spent 99% of my time being a punching bag for you all but even that was fun, even to the last breath. You the players and the users have truly been gems over the years, and I hope that some will still continue to lurk about and our paths will cross in games or when we get relocated here/LoK/Facebook, as truly I think you're all wonderful and I'm going to miss our world and the family we’ve formed greatly.

That one last time Nosgoth de-syncing was a kicker and as I write this now I shed a tear for our loss, this game has touched my heart and it will always have a special place there, as it does with all the fans, and I will miss it greatly – more than words can say, our time together has been wonderful and I will truly never forget it and the fun we had together.

Well this has turned into a lot of waffle so I'll leave you alone (for now), as I say I'll still be about, here and there, but I just would like to wish everyone who moves on sharply after the games closure and leaves Nosgoth to become dust - a successful and happy future.

It's been a wild ride
    For Nosgoth!

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Lucinvampire has set up a facebook group where a number of us have been posting pictures, memories and speculations of what would have happened next. Anyone wanting to stay in touch should check it out. A lot of the regular forum members have shown up there already.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1701397363481015/
    Thank you <3 and see you folks here!

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith

Thank you everyone. Thank you for making this such an enjoyable journey.
    Shame it had to end.
    Was a pleasure, Ogham (and everyone else too).

I loved debating here in the forums with y'all

Been a great time, Ogham. Paradox and lucin, you've both been awesome. Hope you don't just vanish off someplace. :P
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Sad to see it end like this... I always hoped to see Nosgoth rise again to the gem it was a some point 2 years ago. But theres plenty of analyses on this matter already.

Personally it hurts me to see how one of the best multiplayer games that I got to play in the last 20 years got rammed into the ground. Corey and Eric along with a lot of others did a great job on the initial game.
    Also Oghamsmith was the CM the game would have deserved right from the start. I believe a couple turns would have been made in the better direction with you.
    Id also like to thank lucin and sausage for their good mod work.

In the end I gotta say Im happy I parted a while ago, else I would be very sad now. I wish you all the best for your further life.

Good Bye
    -FireWorks

And for future projects: Fix the party code. It cannot be that it is not possible to form a party in under 30minutes. This drove my friends away in 2014 and whenever they tried to come back over the years, the issue persisted.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Farewell Nosgoth, you went too soon.

It's good to hear that there is a Facebook page, what was just as sad for me is the thought of losing contact with this community.

I wont miss this forum. Farewell, Nosgoth creators and players.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 2nd Jun 2016 at 21:50.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

While I appreciate all the hard work and efforts that many good people have put in to making Nosgoth what it was, I will never ever buy or patronize Square Enix/Psyonix ever again because of the way this has been handled. You fools ruined a great game I loved, and I hate you for it. Forever.

Originally Posted by war_mouth
    While I appreciate all the hard work and efforts that many good people have put in to making Nosgoth what it was, I will never ever buy or patronize Square Enix/Psyonix ever again because of the way this has been handled. You fools ruined a great game I loved, and I hate you for it. Forever.
    While you seem a bit harsh, there is truth in what you said.
    Nosgoth didn't fail because it was a bad idea, or a bad game...

Goodbye to Nosgoth, I've never seen a game quite like you. Unfortunately my square enix account and steam accounts got out of sync so I was unable to play you for several months, but I've never had such a great experience gaming. Amazing combat, new and progressive, just an overall great game. I'm disappointed you're gone.