Thread: Well, I know it is kinda late to revive this game.........

Well, I know it is kinda late to revive this game.........

I was totally over for this game, I had no feelings for this game since it has been out for 3 years and the developers seems has been given up this game.
    But recently my Youtube playlist playback one of the soundtrack from Sleeping dogs, it just brought me back so much memory.
    I know it is kinda late since Triad war is going to close up shop and back when this forum is filled with personate people and modders such as RandomPerson, SleepingDogs(user),etc. I really missed those days.
    I know the developer won't be reading this post, but I hope they will and hope that they will make a sequel for this game. This game means a lot to everyone who participated in this masterpiece.

p.s Sorry for my impefect English but it just something I should have expressed it.

I hope they make a sequel too! Yeah, the only reason I drifted back here is because I somehow only found out yesterday that Triad Wars closed shop. These aren't even the same forums I remember. Here's hoping Sleeping Dogs 2 brings the community back together!

Yeah
    this game just have so much potentials
    the concept of taking place in Hong Kong is really innovative in the industry

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Floydandsome View Post
    I was totally over for this game, I had no feelings for this game since it has been out for 3 years and the developers seems has been given up this game.
    But recently my Youtube playlist playback one of the soundtrack from Sleeping dogs, it just brought me back so much memory.
    I know it is kinda late since Triad war is going to close up shop and back when this forum is filled with personate people and modders such as RandomPerson, SleepingDogs(user),etc. I really missed those days.
    I know the developer won't be reading this post, but I hope they will and hope that they will make a sequel for this game. This game means a lot to everyone who participated in this masterpiece.

p.s Sorry for my impefect English but it just something I should have expressed it.

Sleeping Dogs is *** Awesome!

Indeed
    but SE tore down the old forum
    it officially stated a death sentence to this game

SD2 bruddah, SD2 Hope we get sum good news this E3...

OMG, this game was so awesome. I really liked the story, all this undercover stuff. It was so cool. I still hope, that they'll make SD2.

Quote Originally Posted by joswilliams85 View Post
    OMG, this game was so awesome. I really liked the story, all this undercover stuff. It was so cool. I still hope, that they'll make SD2.
    We all hope : )

This game needs a sequel. While the ending seems "wrapped up", some good story writers can make a further addition to the epilogue and continue the story. IMO, 18K can still pose a threat. We focused mostly on the story of the Sun On Yee and Wei. Well, now we can focus on a new character or take a twist on the story. For instance, what happened in San Fran? What about Water Street? There's still some background we aren't totally familiar with and could act as the basis of the next game.

However; if there is an SD 2, while I enjoyed playing as a UC, the devs did give some potential to play as OTHER divisions within the HKPD. The only problem I saw was it wasn't implemented as great as it could have been. For instance, adding in the police scanner could have allowed us to take part in random callouts similar to how the SWAT Pack worked. Another gripe: THE COPS STILL ATTACK US IN THE MAIN STORY WITH A POLICE OUTFIT ON!!! And let's not forget the missed opportunity to have partners or visit and interact with the ONE police station that was actually ENTERABLE!!!

Bottom line, if SD 2 is made, please give some flexibility to the player in regards to how he/she can go about progressing through the department whether at the beginning, during, or after the game's main conclusion. SD 1 is CLOSE to doing that but it needs some "sprucing up" to make it get there.

This game was by far very enjoyable by the masses and had a great community. It's a shame that it was just "abandoned" and left behind. I'm still finding new things to do in Hong Kong AND still find things I've never seen before or never really noticed. Replaying the story doesn't feel dull or boring at all either. Feels refreshing and fun; too bad after the main story, there isn't much else...

Still, SD is a great game and a sequel should definitely be thought about. 8/10.

Sleeping Dogs is the best game of it's kind!!! Better then GTA!!! I loved the story and combat in this game more then all the games that were supposed to be better or had more hype. Just all around a fun game and it will be really just a sad thing if someone never does anything with it again!!! We need a Sleeping Dogs sequel!!!