Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Dogs

I Just downloaded This excellent title off Xbox live last week. Love it so far. Far better than GTA. Very surprised that this game hasn't received more attention. I do have a stupid question that I cant seem to find an answer to: While playing a mish, I seemed to have frightened a bystander out of his shopping bag. He dropped it in the street as I almost hit him. It was a live object so I picked it up. What do I do with it now? Can I fence it somewhere? Can I put it in a lock-box. Leave it in my apt? Sorry, I am new, but cant find anything about shopping bags.

Sleeping Dogs Manual

I recently bought the game and there pamphlet that came with it referenced a "complete" manual at a square-enix site but that link was broken.

I understand it wasn't a huge seller...BUT...it's rated pretty well on Amazon AND it's only 2 years old. How is it that I am unable to find the manual for this game on the Square-Enix site?

I've had my eye on several games made by this company: Tomb Raider, Thief, FF but if this is an example of the support SE puts into their products, I'm going to have to reconsider.

Probably had no traffic so they closed it, or it's just a broken link and no one bothered to bring it back. Gaming companies don't keep the websites for games up forever. This is not new. Try contacting SE directly via email.

You can also use gamefaqs if you need guidance in the game.

It's only 2 years old. It's still being sold. The manual (which I eventually found on a file sharing site of all places) is only a couple of MBs in size...not exactly server loading. Oh and when I tried emailing SE support? Got the so-sorry-but-thanks-for-letting-us-know brush off.

It doesn't speak well for the company.

Good luck getting good service when your name is SQesucks. It doesn't speak well for you as a user either. It's also a big deal and effort for a 2 year old free manual. Most games don't even bother to offer one at all... Gamefaqs is your best friend if you're stuck anyway. Platinumed the game without having to use it...

LOL - yeah I wasn't looking to build a long term relationship with Square-Enix. It wasn't like I was stuck, I just wanted the "complete" manual (again, advertised in the pamphlet that came with the game) to fill in the gaps of the controls, et al. And you're right about game manuals in general - sad actually. The really sad thing is that Sleeping Dogs is actually a very good game - it's got great voice acting by some pretty big name actors - but it seems like SQe hardly acknowledges it exists.

Oh well, like I said, I found the manual on another site and have thus far been enjoying the game itself. Not holding my breath for a sequel though.

Edit - when I think about it a lot of my frustration came from fruitlessly searching the SQe website, not finding a download page, finding broken links, having to register to ask questions, etc, etc. It would have been far less aggravating if they'd just created a page saying, "We're not supporting this game anymore" which would have caused me to look elsewhere from the gitgo. They have to realize that if they advertise a "complete" game manual in their game, people are going to go looking for it (if nothing else than to see what it contains) and will likely get frustrated when they don't find it. Again, I would totally get it if we were discussing Baldur's Gate I or Silent Hunter or some other decades old game.
    Last edited by SQeSucks; 31st Mar 2014 at 16:49.

This was a truly great game, I can't wait for the second one.

The Steam Summer Sale strikes again!
    ― Get 80% off Sleeping Dogs for the next 8 hours!

What an amazing game. Please i hope you're making the second one. It was better than GTA4. I loved it so much i bought on two platforms.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition confirmed!
    - Today we are delighted to officially confirm that Sleeping Dogs is coming to the new generation of consoles. Enter: Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition!

Announcing two Square Enix Triple Packs!
    - We'll be releasing two Ultimate Triple Pack game collections for Xbox 360 and PS3 on October 31, 2014!

We're at EGX! Are you?
    - We'll be there from today (Thursday) till Sunday with all sorts of awesome games, so be sure to drop by Zone 10, say hello, play whatever takes your fancy and maybe even grab some free swag!

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Trailer Highlights Visual Improvements (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix have released a trailer for the HD Remastered version of Sleeping Dogs.

Pre-order Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition now!
    - As of today, you can pre-purchase/pre-order the game via each of its respective platform websites.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition out now!
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition launches today on PS4, Xbox One and PC (Steam) - woohoo! Want a shiny new launch trailer? Alright then, here you go!

So i bought the definitive edition on ps4 digital ... and am sorry to say that it is broken as hell , I find myself pressing 15 times on triangle to enter a car sometimes, pressing L3 multiple times before my next objective even comes up, cops and gangsters are able to shoot through walls and cover, the bikes drive like they are on ice, and the game keeps crashing on me ..
    i bought the ps3 version when it came out and had none of these problems . so why is this ps4 version not working as it should be ... for the pricetag of 60 € i thought i would have a Playable game .. if you want to rerelease games plz make sure that they work before asking money for it .. i'm a big Square fan and almost bought all of the square games but this one .... wow ... never had such a bad gaming experience in my life and i loved sleeping dogs back in 2012.. hoping these issues get fixed real soon.

OLD DOG, NO NEW TRICKS
    - IGN gave the Definitive Edition an 8.5 for its story, characters, combat and city.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition out now in North America!
    - Happy launch day everyone! Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition launches today on PS4, Xbox One and PC (Steam) - woohoo!

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition issues on website

I'm loving Sleeping Dogs, owned it on 360, just got Definitive at launch today (preordered)! Had a couple of issues:

1. I went to SleepingDogs.net and when I go to Career, it tells me my account isn't linked to my console account. I followed the instructions, but my Xbox Live account definitely is linked, so I'm not sure why the site doesn't recognize that.

2. When I went to Challenges, I searched for my profile & found it, but when I clicked it, it says "THIS PROFILE IS PRIVATE." I went to my profile & looked at all settings, but can't see where to make my profile public. Help? And could the private profile be causing the issue in #1?

3. I went to register the game (add it to my profile) but the instructions say I need to enter the registration number from the manual or insert card that came with the game. Problem is, I got the digital edition, so, I don't have a number to enter.

4. Finally, and this is more "glitch" related, but today when I played, there were car crashes EVERYWHERE. Like, every time I slowed down to go around a corner, I heard cars elsewhere crashing. In the first mission when I picked up my motorcycle, I heard maybe 4 crashes, which seems like a lot compared to what I remember from the 360 version. There might be something that needs to be patched in the Driver AI for the Definitive remastered edition?

Thanks for your help, I know this was a long post!

Customer support should be able to help you out.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition?

Hi,

i want to buy the Game (US Version), but i need to know if it possible to change the subtitles to German?

Can someone help me?

KR
    Italia2202

Thanks for the contact link! I thought they would be able to help too, which is why I originally posted this in the Customer Support forum, but someone moved it to General Discussion, which didn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me.

At any rate, I've emailed them, so thanks for your help!

To General Discussion, huh? I certainly agree - it must have been some kind of mistake. I always tend to merge all new threads about Sleeping Dogs with this one since, unfortunately, the Customer Support forum has been understaffed for a while.

I don't think the NA version of the game will allow you to set the subtitles to German, Italia2202, but contact customer support just in case. They should be able to give you definite answer.

Why are german PC customers second class customers in Sqaure Enix's eyes?

I would like to ask why Square Enix is making a difference between german Steam-users and german Console-users when it comes to laws?

http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5051
    Last edited by DanTheKraut; 18th Oct 2014 at 15:44.

I need help!!

I have Sleeping Dogs on PS4. After completing the game to 100% (everything is done, I am 100% certain.), the 'Chief Inspector' trophy is not popping.

I have replayed the martial arts clubs as suggested on various sites, but nothing is working. Therefore my SD platinum is unattainable. I am gutted after playing it 3 times already. I'm not at all happy that bugs weren't removed before porting this game.

Anyone had the same problem?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast