Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 151 to 175 of 175

Thread: Which ending did you pick and why?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Gescha2103 View Post
    This subordinates that everyone died in that storm. A fact that is not clearly said in the game and I doubt and do not believe that.

    But that's not the point: I just wanted to say that they didn't had to make that decision in that moment because there is no pressure of time as long as the butterfly foto exists. To wait to see what damages the storm really does to Arcadia bay before Max makes her decision was at any time an option and I would have taken it before I made such an heavy decision.
    Yeah, that's true.

  2. #152
    Always sacrifice bay, for many reasons - all listed in the spoiler in my other thread:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=183455

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4
    It's very simple, like my english. Sacrifice Chloe.
    In Ep4 you reach a point - the point of knowledge. You can't change the result. you can try to fix it. you can run away. you can displace the consequences. but in the end, you can't displace the knowledge. You can be selfish, of course. But you know it's wrong. And so you choose the bittersweet pain and you cry like a little girl, me too, of course. But this is life. This is the story about "life is strange".

    salue
    john

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRemarque View Post
    It's very simple, like my english. Sacrifice Chloe.
    In Ep4 you reach a point - the point of knowledge. You can't change the result. you can try to fix it. you can run away. you can displace the consequences. but in the end, you can't displace the knowledge. You can be selfish, of course. But you know it's wrong. And so you choose the bittersweet pain and you cry like a little girl, me too, of course. But this is life. This is the story about "life is strange".

    salue
    john
    "This is the story about "life is strange".

    Not exactly...you forgot to mention that is your opinion.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    I will always choose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. In my opinion this is the only right choice. To be honest I think that the game begins at Chloes funeral. Max wishes to go back in time and save Chloe and the blue butterfly (Rachel spirit animal maybe) send her back in time and gives her that time reversing ability but of course nothing is free... if she decide to rescue Chloe she will destroy Arcadia with her friends in it... So the question is "How much will you sacrifice for one you love"...

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by jvc125 View Post
    I will always choose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. In my opinion this is the only right choice. To be honest I think that the game begins at Chloes funeral. Max wishes to go back in time and save Chloe and the blue butterfly (Rachel spirit animal maybe) send her back in time and gives her that time reversing ability but of course nothing is free... if she decide to rescue Chloe she will destroy Arcadia with her friends in it... So the question is "How much will you sacrifice for one you love"...
    Interesting. In that case Max would either live in her dreams or face the reality (and maybe accept the reality?)

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by jvc125 View Post
    I will always choose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. In my opinion this is the only right choice. To be honest I think that the game begins at Chloes funeral. Max wishes to go back in time and save Chloe and the blue butterfly (Rachel spirit animal maybe) send her back in time and gives her that time reversing ability but of course nothing is free... if she decide to rescue Chloe she will destroy Arcadia with her friends in it... So the question is "How much will you sacrifice for one you love"...
    But how do you explain that Max doesn't remember that she is placed back in time? Wouldn't it be more logical to let her know why she is back? She could handle things different then.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    But how do you explain that Max doesn't remember that she is placed back in time? Wouldn't it be more logical to let her know why she is back? She could handle things different then.
    Maybe it could be her dream in the night when Chloe died?

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Maybe it could be her dream in the night when Chloe died?
    Interesting idea, but it's a bit out of the blue for me. There is never a clear hint that she is dreaming all of this.
    In the nightmare sequence there is a point when the player and Max realise that the sequence has to be some kind of dream.
    That doesn't happen in Max' real world. She never really questions her real worlds actions to be a dream. Even in the endings there is no hint to that.
    But there has to be such a hint, otherwise every story could simply declared as a dream of the protagonist or an important person of that story.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    Why Max doesnt remember Chloes funeral? Maybe because she can remember past events only after getting time reversing abilities and she got it after being send back or maybe just it would be to easy for her to make decision if she knew the real reason why she was send back...
    There are lot of things that should be explained further, like the whole native tribe part in all of stuff happening in arcadia, samuel seems to know something but he is keeping his mouth shut and who the hell is samuel in the first place...? Obviously he is not just some random janitor... Sean Prescott is also a man of the mistery... I love Life is strange but there is just too many things going on there left without explenation. It looks like they started to back out from some ideas which they had at the begining maybe because of the lack of money.

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by jvc125 View Post
    Why Max doesnt remember Chloes funeral? Maybe because she can remember past events only after getting time reversing abilities and she got it after being send back or maybe just it would be to easy for her to make decision if she knew the real reason why she was send back...
    There are lot of things that should be explained further, like the whole native tribe part in all of stuff happening in arcadia, samuel seems to know something but he is keeping his mouth shut and who the hell is samuel in the first place...? Obviously he is not just some random janitor... Sean Prescott is also a man of the mistery... I love Life is strange but there is just too many things going on there left without explenation. It looks like they started to back out from some ideas which they had at the begining maybe because of the lack of money.
    As I stated before, there is no evidence for me that the story starts at the funeral. But I can't prove you wrong, so you're free to believe it.

    Samuel is the incarnation of god.
    Just joking. But I agree that he is a wired character. He said some thinks that make you believe he knows more than he is saying. He even appears in Max' nightmare. He reminded me a bit of Tom Bombadil in Lord of the Rings.
    But maybe he is just a nice wierdo with some spiritual background.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    There are so many uncertain things in the game that you can have your own story and no one can proof you are wrong and I like it.(and no one will make me to belive that Chloe have to die in my version it will never happen) We don't even know why Max got that vision of the storm in the first place. If she wont use her powers there will be no storm so what the hell?
    In my opinion there are too many things going on at once. There is Twin peaks ish mistery(only certain think that Rachel is dead), Alice in wonderland ish Max going in to adulthood, Chloe and Max relationship/romance (maybe little bit of Dantes Divine Comedy in there too with Max going throu hell to save Chloe), Groundhog day ish making things wright and they dont go too deep with any of that... So not only life is strange

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    And the other reason why I dont think saving Arcadia is a good idea is because people living there are not happy ( the fisherman in front of two whales, the other fisherman in the two whales, the woman waiting for the bus, Joyce has debts) I cant remember if someone said something good about living in Arcadia. Whole town is own by Prescotts family what else I have to say?

  14. #164
    Fun fact, the tag number of Chloe's car actually says TWNPX as a short cut for Twin Peaks.
    There are several reasons to save Chloe over Arcadia Bay. I explaned my reasons in other threads before. In short: I had and still have the feeling Max would save Chloe especially after that nightmare. If I were in Max shoes I would save my Chloe too. Even if I would have known for sure that sacrafice Chloe would work at that time, I still would choose to save here. Because undo everything, do nothing instead and believe in an untouchable preset destiny is not how life works for me.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    There is also "fire walk with me" in the two whales bathroom...

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    Interesting idea, but it's a bit out of the blue for me. There is never a clear hint that she is dreaming all of this.
    In the nightmare sequence there is a point when the player and Max realise that the sequence has to be some kind of dream.
    That doesn't happen in Max' real world. She never really questions her real worlds actions to be a dream. Even in the endings there is no hint to that.
    But there has to be such a hint, otherwise every story could simply declared as a dream of the protagonist or an important person of that story.
    Yep, you're right.

    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    Fun fact, the tag number of Chloe's car actually says TWNPX as a short cut for Twin Peaks.
    There are several reasons to save Chloe over Arcadia Bay. I explaned my reasons in other threads before. In short: I had and still have the feeling Max would save Chloe especially after that nightmare. If I were in Max shoes I would save my Chloe too. Even if I would have known for sure that sacrafice Chloe would work at that time, I still would choose to save here. Because undo everything, do nothing instead and believe in an untouchable preset destiny is not how life works for me.
    I don't want to get that debate about which ending is better, it is more than enough written here, but I don't think saving everybody in Arcadia Bay means "believe in an untouchable preset destiny", for me, it was a way how to avoid a disaster.
    Last edited by Tataboj; 29th Jan 2016 at 13:59.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    Like it was being said earlier you can choose whichever ending you like and no one can proof that you are wrong. Another reason I choose the sacrifice of arcadia is cause I can say Valar morghulis at the end (game of thrones fan)

  18. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Yep, you're right.
    I don't want to get that debate about which ending is better, it is more than enough written here, but I don't think saving everybody in Arcadia Bay means "believe in an untouchable preset destiny", for me, it was a way how to avoid a disaster.
    You're right a debate would be pointless, since there no objective better ending.

    Chloe brings up the "maybe it's my destiny to die" thing. If I were Max I would've jumped right into Chloes face for believing such bul (and kissed her afterwards).
    In fact I can understand people who chose to save Arcadia Bay (when it's not just the Chloe is destined to die thing), even I wouldn't share those thoughts I can understand them.
    For example if you shiped Max and Warren or want to save Kate for sure, I would understand it.
    But for me and the Max I used to know, Chloe was way more important than the others. Max and I wantet to save here and I, as a player, also wanted to save Max that way. From that (my) point of view, going back and let Chloe die that way is equal to giving up.

    I watched the save Arcadia Bay ending only on youtube, while watching it I knew that haven't played that way, but it was so sad (and masterfully done) that I actually feld I've done something wrong.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    There is no bad ending in the game it's just a matter of your choice. You can make million of reasons to let Chloe die or let her live it's just up to you. You will choose what ever suits you more. If they would gave you true ending it would be less interesting now you have to think which ending was true and let your imagination go make your own story... It makes me restless but its more interesting that way. (still I want know more about that native tribe and samuel)

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    I have 3 questions for you: what do you think was that first storm vision?( just a vision, warning, something else?) why she had it? (she was sure that wasn't a dream and she didn't need it to save Arcadia)
    Do you think Max kept time reversing ability after the ending (doesn't matter which one did you chose)?
    (I got my own thoughts about it but I want to know yours)

  21. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by jvc125 View Post
    I have 3 questions for you: what do you think was that first storm vision?( just a vision, warning, something else?) why she had it? (she was sure that wasn't a dream and she didn't need it to save Arcadia)
    Do you think Max kept time reversing ability after the ending (doesn't matter which one did you chose)?
    (I got my own thoughts about it but I want to know yours)
    For me the first tornado vision was a foreshaddow of what will happen in the future. She got it in the class room to question herself and being the catalyst that makes her go to the bathroom at that specific moment.
    The foreshaddowing had to be done before Max saved Chloe otherwhise there would be a high chance Max would make a conection between the vision and saving that girl and there for undoing the saving shortly after.

    I think Max lost her powers after the final choice as I see their purpose fulfilled. If Max still has them I think she would be to afraid to use them ever again. Max may also learned that rewinding time cause more problems then it solves from time to time.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    18
    During my first playthrough, I chose SC ending, then replayed the final scene and chose SAB. And I think that SAB ending is better. Yes, it's a bit selfish decision, and sacrificing Chloe seems to be more logical. But when I remembered how I saved some people during the storm, remembered in what stupid situations they were(except everyone in dining)...Uhhh. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but Max will be with the person she love, and maybe Chloe'll help her to get through all that chaos which is in her head.

  23. #173
    I chose to destroy arcadia bay and save chloe because my girlfriend/best friend died and I couldn't let chloe die too... that was 3 years ago and it still hurts so much. of course I wanted to save everybody but I had to choose.. and maybe joyce and warren and others survived too. we never know.

  24. #174
    I chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay to save Chloe. The thing is, I could've guessed pretty much what would happen if I sacrificed Chloe. Truth be told, I liked Chloe too much. The game had so many feels over the five episodes, I just wanted it to end on a high note. I haven't seen the Sacrifice Chloe ending; I plan on playing through the game again in a few months after its premise and main story highlights aren't still fresh in my mind.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1
    i chose bad ending, but i would kill them all, game starts ok, but end bad, game suffer from telitale syndrome, doesnt matter what you chouse, its all the same at the end, max is mentaly boring, chole is just a pozer, with no style, 2 boring charecters..

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •