Thread: Commandos : Beyond Call of Duty

Commandos : Beyond Call of Duty

Exclamation Commandos : Beyond Call of Duty

Hello Friends,

I am playing Commandos : Beyond Call of Duty on Windows XP SP3 .
    The one thing that really makes me go crazy is the utter slow speed of the gameplay. Is there any solution to it ? I have seen some threads discussing controlling the speed of Behind Enemy Lines. But what about increasing the speed of BTCOD guys ?? I have even tried the speed slider within game which doesn't seem to work.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Sandy.

Hello there,

That's quite an interesting problem you have. In the past all issues regarding speed that I've seen was that the game and characters were too fast on newer pc's.

What exactly do you mean by the gameplay, do you mean that the characters etc. all move too slow or something else?

[edit]

Which version of the game are you playing? The original or a steam version or GOG version?

Hello Mike,
    By gameplay i mean speed of the game. The characters move too slow. Even the sniper speaks like as if he has swollen one entire tree and therefore unable to speak properly. I have played Commandos : Behind Enemy Lines but it was fast. Please suggest me a solution my friend. One thing : Does one have to click coman_mp.exe in order to play Commandos BTCOD ? or the executable file name is something different ?

Regards
    Sandy

If I remember it correctly I believe there's also a comandos.exe try using it that one. Are you using the original release of the game or an updated version from STEAM or GOG? As I remember when I wanted to play BEL and BTCOD on winXP it involved some tinkering to get it to work.

I've searched the GOG forums and the Steam forums regarding the issue but I couldn't find any mention or solution to the speed being too slow. One thing you could give a go is try running the game in compatibility mode (right click the exe and go to properties).

Hello Mike, i have installed the GOG version of the game. I lost the CD's of the original game. Is that maybe a reason for such behavior ? Can you remember what exact changes you had made to make the game work ? By the way, there's no commandos.exe file in the game folder. I will try to run the game in
    compatibility mode and then see what happens. I will report back..

Mike, i checked playing with compatibility mode with Windows 2000 but could not find any +ve result. Could you please tell me what was the size of the original version of the game ?

Originally Posted by sandy_fun
    Hello Mike, i have installed the GOG version of the game. I lost the CD's of the original game. Is that maybe a reason for such behavior ? Can you remember what exact changes you had made to make the game work ? By the way, there's no commandos.exe file in the game folder. I will try to run the game in
    compatibility mode and then see what happens. I will report back..
    I think there would be a difference between the original version and the GOG version that would make it compatible with newer OS'es. The changes I had to make was with the original release on disc. It required running a special installer to install the game.

Originally Posted by sandy_fun
    Mike, i checked playing with compatibility mode with Windows 2000 but could not find any +ve result. Could you please tell me what was the size of the original version of the game ?
    Here's a screenshot with the file size of the original release of BTCOD and the contents on the CD.

I'm afraid I can't really help you out here though if you have any question I'll of course try to answer! I would suggest that you contact the support team from GOG. I believe GOG worked together with Pyro Studios (and not Square Enix) to make the game compatible on Windows XP and Windows 7, they should help you out to get this to work!

As an update I actually just purchased the Commandos Ammo pack on GOG and installed Commandos BTCOD. Aside from some screen tearing the game speed is normal on my system that is on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit