Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XII - News and Updates

Final Fantasy XII - News and Updates

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195

    Final Fantasy XII - News and Updates

    News and Updates
    Rumor: Final Fantasy XII HD announced at Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy Network)
    - At Distant Worlds currently in progress in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, orchestra conductor Arnie Roth reportedly confirmed that a “Final Fantasy XII HD Remake” is currently in development.
    - Final Fantasy XII not to be remade but likely remastered (Final Fantasy Network)
    Last edited by Grimoire; 3rd Aug 2015 at 15:58.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    I wonder if Roth really meant remake or instead he meant remaster, since he’s not in the technical mumbo jumbo.

  3. #3
    Please have the following in this!:

    -Each character can have 2 jobs. You can have a switch command to switch jobs in battle. It will take up a turn to do this. So many weapons go un-used in this game and this is the only way to utilize all of them. You will be able to set up your gear twice per character per class in the menu. However, if you want the same item included in both jobs, you will need 2 items (it taking up a turn and it not allowing equipment sharing are nerfs to make the character not over powered)

    -International based version with the US version's version of Yiazmat. You can still allow debuffs if ya want though.

    -Faster chest respawns.

    -Some other way of getting the Genji Helmets and Duranjo without being so annoying.

    -Keep the ps2's processing effects but just make them look appropriate for the uprezzing. Do not delete effects. Make it optional to turn off or on at least.

    -INCLUDE CONTROLLER RUMBLE! No rumble no buy. I do not like that you are removing rumble from all of the steam games of FF. Kills the emersion.

    -Make last boss stronger in all forms.

    -Incorporate the Judge tower battles in-game instead of as a side game.
    Last edited by Sh1nRa358; 2nd Aug 2015 at 19:58.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    I wonder if Roth really meant remake or instead he meant remaster, since he’s not in the technical mumbo jumbo.
    ...or if he was just talking out of his ass, since he wouldn't actually have anything to do with the game if it were in development?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Running the risk to be proven wrong? I doubt it.
    I read somewhere that Sakimoto was present, so he could have told him the news.
    But I don’t think Square would have approved of Sakimoto to spill the beans, there are contractual obligations.
    I think it’s their usual strategy to pump up the hype.
    Is this the truth? Only time will tell.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Update
    Final Fantasy XII not to be remade but likely remastered (Final Fantasy Network)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    This is exactly what logic and time constraints imply: not a remake à la FF VII - too expensive to build from scratch two games - but a version that may go from a game with pumped up resolution to a version with changes, from minor ones like added cutscenes, up to some major overhaul at the hands of its original creator (Tactics Ogre, someone?).
    I’m not including in the eventual changes the IZJS version, as I believe this will be the basis of the release.
    If Square wants a simple cash cow, it will choose the solution at one end of this spectrum of possibilities, the one that requires less time and work and money spent.
    Not a very pleasant thought.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    38
    tbh, remaster is all I ever wanted for a game that I've sunk over 200 hours into, the game is perfect as is. It doesn't need an overhauled battle system, extra content, etc. Just PLEASE make sure to port to Vita just like FFX/FFX-2 as amazing rpg's like this are best played portable...anywhere, any time

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    2,953
    Originally Posted by rainesohma
    tbh, remaster is all I ever wanted for a game that I've sunk over 200 hours into, the game is perfect as is. It doesn't need an overhauled battle system, extra content, etc. Just PLEASE make sure to port to Vita just like FFX/FFX-2 as amazing rpg's like this are best played portable...anywhere, any time
    Yeah it's fine the way it is. I think part of why fans took to it is because it's so different from the others in terms of gameplay. It's why I like it at least. It's the only FF I enjoy, honestly. Haven't played them all, but I can't stand turn based combat when you're stationery the whole time.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Originally Posted by rainesohma
    tbh, remaster is all I ever wanted for a game that I've sunk over 200 hours into, the game is perfect as is. It doesn't need an overhauled battle system, extra content, etc. Just PLEASE make sure to port to Vita just like FFX/FFX-2 as amazing rpg's like this are best played portable...anywhere, any time
    Well, with due respect for your opinion, I don’t like the game the way it is, even if I spent almost 300 hours of my life in it.

    Don’t get me wrong, I like it for your same reasons, because it’s so different from previous (and subsequent) FF titles, because the story is not filled with metaphysical/philosophical/incoherent mumbo jumbo, because main characters and NPCs were made in that way, because the battle system let me roam free without random battles and let me attack from all sides, and let me do changes on the fly and if my leader dies it’s not game over, because the world is a world and not a corridor.

    What I’d like to see is not merely extra content like a DLC in the form of pathetic new outfits like the ones in Lightning Returns, but the original Matsuno’s vision.

    The game IS different but lacks a deeper look at the cast and has an unsatisfying ending.

    If all the matter is an HD coat of paint over the visuals, there’s no pumped up resolution that cannot be achieved through an emulator.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Products
    Play Arts kai Fran at Games Com.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    38
    Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    Well, with due respect for your opinion, I don’t like the game the way it is, even if I spent almost 300 hours of my life in it.

    Don’t get me wrong, I like it for your same reasons, because it’s so different from previous (and subsequent) FF titles, because the story is not filled with metaphysical/philosophical/incoherent mumbo jumbo, because main characters and NPCs were made in that way, because the battle system let me roam free without random battles and let me attack from all sides, and let me do changes on the fly and if my leader dies it’s not game over, because the world is a world and not a corridor.

    What I’d like to see is not merely extra content like a DLC in the form of pathetic new outfits like the ones in Lightning Returns, but the original Matsuno’s vision.

    The game IS different but lacks a deeper look at the cast and has an unsatisfying ending.

    If all the matter is an HD coat of paint over the visuals, there’s no pumped up resolution that cannot be achieved through an emulator.
    I appreciate your point of view. My main concern is Vita getting the shaft as it has so many times before (Type-O being the biggest) and my selfish need to play FFXII unhindered by a spouse or kids using the PS4/PS3 or them taking offense to me locking myself away in my office for days on end to play it on the old PS2. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to play on PS4, but 75% of my gaming time is played on the Vita/3DS while others in my household play PS4/watch movies, etc. Younger consumers will probably be all for a PS4/PS3 version but I've gotten selfish in my old age and prefer to play on my time, whenever I want

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    I sincerely hope that Square will lend an ear to you, even if a part of me has not so much faith, Square being Square…
    To lighten the mood, the kids using your gaming system remind me of my little niece, back in the PS1 days: she gave me as my birthday gift a game SHE was interested in and every time she paid me a visit, the PS1 became her kingdom.
    I still remember the name, Robopit.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Products
    Final Fantasy Trading Rubbers Straps Vol.5
    - Hope, The Onion Knight, Penelo, Shadow, Kuja and Gilgamesh

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Products
    Play Arts Kai - Final Fantasy XII
    - The wait is over! FINAL FANTASY XII PLAY ARTS KAI FRAN is now available for pre-order
    - Pre-orders for Fran are open at last!!! Get yours before next Friday and save 10%!
    - We may have announced her before TGS2015 but the Fran (from FFXII) Play Arts Kai prototype is too cool not to show
    Last edited by Grimoire; 18th Sep 2015 at 13:37.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Update
    Final Fantasy XII not to be remade but likely remastered (Final Fantasy Network)
    I thought it was not coming, good thing it's coming and being remastered, my bro have played more than 200 hours of FF XII.

    For some reason, many PC players tends to love Final Fantasy XII, so please bring it to Steam, Square Enix.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Products
    Fran Play Arts KAI is now available for pre-order in the SE Store!
    - Available in March.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
    Character Video
    - Vaan Steals The Show In Dissidia Final Fantasy’s Latest Arcade Trailer (Siliconera)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1
    Playstation Experience is near, I REALLY hope that will be announced a Final Fantasy XII HD or a PS2 version compatible with PS4.

    TBH i'd prever the HD remake for PS4 and PS VITA at least. And 2016 will be 10th anniversary so fingers crossed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    38
    Originally Posted by gambit3rd
    Playstation Experience is near, I REALLY hope that will be announced a Final Fantasy XII HD or a PS2 version compatible with PS4.

    TBH i'd prever the HD remake for PS4 and PS VITA at least. And 2016 will be 10th anniversary so fingers crossed!
    This, Vita please.....VITA

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Products
    Straps - Final Fantasy
    - Final Fantasy Mascot Straps Vol.6 Box
    - Featuring Y'shtola, Lightning, Gabranth, Zack, Warrior of Light and Ramza

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    38
    Please, please don't pull an "I am Setsuna" and not release this on Vita in North America. rpgs of this magnitude need to be played on the go and whenever you want. I've purchased all the FF's on PSN to play on my Vita even though I still have working copies on PS1/PS2/DS, etc and Bravely Default should show how well portables sell.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age is coming to PS4!
    - Return to Ivalice in this HD remaster feat the Zodiac Job System!
    - Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Launches on PS4 in 2017
    - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is coming to PS4 in 2017
    - We're happy to announce that Alexander O. Smith and Joseph Reeder are working on Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age!
    - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Announced For PlayStation 4 (Siliconera)
    - Final Fantasy XII Video Compares Graphics Between PS2 And PS4 Versions (Siliconera)
    - Official Website
    Last edited by Grimoire; 8th Jun 2016 at 09:40.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    So my worries were true, after all.
    It’s a remaster and while Square for once took note of all the mistakes done with X, the previous remaster, I still wonder if we will have to play with fixed and unmovable jobs or not.
    Or if we would be able to choose between the normal and the zodiac license boards.
    And if, among this mysterious changes, the theatre mode will be implemented.
    In other words something to make this experience worthy to be lived in spite of the existing emulated and unofficially translated game.
    On a personal level, trophies means less than nothing to me, since we have the sky pirate’s den.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Products
    Play Arts Kai - Final Fantasy XII
    - Balthier, Gabranth added to Final Fantasy XII Play Arts Kai lineup (Nova Crystallis)
    - FINAL FANTASY XII PLAY ARTS -KAI- GABRANTH is now available for pre-order!
    - FINAL FANTASY XII PLAY ARTS KAI BALTHIER is now available for pre-order!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 8th Jun 2016 at 09:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last