View Poll Results: Zodiac HD extras wishlist

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy XII manga

0 0%
  • Extra disc with interviews, trailers, Theater Mode etc.

1 25.00%
  • Online mode

0 0%
  • Artbook

2 50.00%
  • A playable moogle

0 0%
  • Play Arts Kai Fran

0 0%
  • The Original Fran

1 25.00%
  • Ashe’s tailor address

0 0%
  • Nothing at all, I care only about the game

1 25.00%
  • Something else (say what)

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: What kind of new extras do you want for Zodiac HD?

What kind of new extras do you want for Zodiac HD?

What kind of new extras do you want for Zodiac HD?

What kind of extras should Square add in a (hypothetical) PS3/PS4/whatever Zodiac HD edition?

Woo hoo! First vote!

It's not fair!
    I want to know what is your perfect extra!
    I'm curious, so spill the beans!

Yeah, I suppose I should have put that in the first response, huh? Oops. Honestly, I think I'd like to see Revenant Wings bundled with it. I don't know how that would work but it should be doable, I expect.

Personally I would like an art book and additional gaming content. I especially would be interested in them making the additional gaming content and potentially changes being in the form of the originally desired, but unrealized ones of the Zodiac Job team. I know there was many changes they wanted to implement, but they were unable to make due to not having enough time and manpower. I think it would be awesome if they were given enough time to go back and make those changes so that the game more aligned with their vision.

Also more marks would be great and even an extra bonus dungeon. Honestly I understand if they don't add some of those things. Other possibly good additions would be a remastered soundtrack IF they give the option to switch back and forth between it in the original. Personally I preferred the original FFX soundtrack over FFX HD's.

Yet, even if they do not give us anything, but the remastered game I would be happy!

I would have voted in your poll, but it would not let me for some reason.

If changes are such that the game is more akin to Matsuno's vision, count me in.

Personally, I found remastered soundtracks from PS1/PS2 era pointless, just a way to spill more money.

I can understand if they recreate a score, originally made with synthesizers, in an orchestral form: it's something "new", in a way.

But a score that has many orchestral pieces?

By the way, I'm all for the real Fran in a blister, but if she's unavailable, Jote or Mjrn are ok for me.

You couldn't vote? It's strange, I didn't put a time limit for the users to vote.

Have you contacted support?

HeartOfLion: I think I know what the issue is. I rarely post in the forums so I have a fairly low post count and I looked it up and apparently all forum user must reach a certain post count before they can vote in polls.

Yeah I think that would be awesome if they made changes to help align it more with Matsuno's vision. That would definitely be my top choice for additions in the remastered game.

In regards to the soundtrack I think it would be a nice touch (assuming they also give us the option to use the original as well), but its also not something I think is worth getting super excited over. I also for the most part agree with what your saying about the soundtrack. There is just a limited amount of improvement possible on it because the original already had both good sound quality and compositions. The other reason its not necessarily something I'd personally get super excited over is because in my opinion their other remastered soundtracks have often included some poor choices in the remastering, such as in a few of ffx hd's songs and in almost all of ff iv's ds remastered soundtrack.

However, I will say I actually really liked the orchestric VIII cd and the live orchestra version of vii's songs. So I actually do like them orchestrating ps1 era stuff thought I also see where your coming from about it. Yet, I definitely do feel the largest returns from orchestrating compositions comes from the Pre-Playstation ff songs.

I am definitely excited for E3. Hopefully in a few days we will get the announcement we are hoping for and find out about any possible additions or bonuses they are including with it.

"I am definitely excited for E3"

Every party needs a pooper, and since no one else has said it, I will: E3 will have nothing about Zodiac HD.

However, I will say I actually really liked the orchestric VIII cd and the live orchestra version of vii's songs.
    I think you are referring to the Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec CD.
    I like it so much.
    Its only flaws are the few songs and the fact that only half of the songs in the tracklist are actually redone in a an orchestral form, all the others are already present in the original OST.
    It’s a little off topic but, if you have the chance, hear the Dragon Quest VIII orchestral soundtrack, it’s so much better in comparison to the original Japanese one (luckily, EU and NA game versions have the orchestral OST) .
    By the way, I contacted support.
    If other users have the same issue and if support can’t fix the problem, I’ll create another thread with the same poll, to let vote all FF XII fans willing to do it.
    I apologize in advance for this.

E3 will have nothing about Zodiac HD.
    Leon_Beoulve, you were right, upper echelons don't read posts.

I don't really follow gaming news but I heard E3 happened recently. I don't suppose there was any news of Zodiac HD?

Leon_Beoulve, Yes, you were indeed right there was no announcement related to it. However, Square Enix did have a lot of good announcements and a good show. Maybe at their next conference.

HeartOfLion, Yes, I was referring to Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. It is one of my favorite FF music cds. It is unfortunate that there were some non orchestrate tracks on it. I doubt Liberi Fatali would have sounded any better if orchestrated, but some of the others would have likely experience improvement if orchestrated.

I will try to check out the Dragon Quest VIII orchestral soundtrack at some point since you recommend it. Ho I've never actually played any Dragon Quests and haven't ever had much interest in playing them. I do plan on giving one of the better ones in the series a shot one day to be fair to series. It would be cool to hear some new music I have never heard before maybe I'll find some new music gems in the soundtrack. Are there any specific tracks that you would recommend?

I appreciate you contacting support about it.

I don't really follow gaming news but I heard E3 happened recently. I don't suppose there was any news of Zodiac HD?
    Yes, there was no FF XII announcement, because they are now with their hands full with FF VII remake.
    Honestly, I pity them, because no matter what they will do, there will ever be fan(atic)s who will foam at their mouths for whatever is against their idea of immutable canon: they will criticize voice actors (and acting in general) and every little change made for whatever reason.
    This also could mean that SE won’t spend time to add something new to XII; I bet they will simply take the Zodiac version and upscale it.

HeartOfLion, Yes, I was referring to Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. It is one of my favorite FF music cds.
    They had better to add more tracks, a two discs edition should have been mandatory.
    I’ll tell you the truth, I only played Dragon Quest VIII, but I liked both the story and the voice acting.
    If you are a Dragon Ball fan, you’ll surely appreciate the character design!
    The two discs CD is a must, the author is very talented, even if "a bit" controversial.
    Let me hear it again, so that I can tell you the titles of the tracks I enjoyed the most.

Do you want to laugh?
    More than a week after my help request to support, no solution was offered, but they sent me a survey to ask me if I was satisfied by their efforts in helping me!

Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    Yes, there was no FF XII announcement, because they are now with their hands full with FF VII remake.
    Honestly, I pity them, because no matter what they will do, there will ever be fan(atic)s who will foam at their mouths for whatever is against their idea of immutable canon: they will criticize voice actors (and acting in general) and every little change made for whatever reason.
    I completely agree. I am fairly happy that they are doing the remake because I am really interested in how it will turn out and because it will end the demands for a remake. Hopefully it will turn out well.

I definitely agree that the FF VII remake is probably negatively affecting Square Enix's ability to remaster FF XII. However, seeing how they outsource almost all of the work on most of their other remasters theoretically it could have a smaller impact than we think. This is assuming they are seriously considering/planning to remaster it and that all of their big projects are not causing there to be cash flow issues preventing them from beginning it. I still have a small bit of hope that maybe they have actually have already started it and just not announced it to avoid the long length of time between announcement and release (the FF X/X-2 announcement to release timespan was ridiculously long for a remaster). I also agree with you and think a remaster would likely just be an upscaled Zodiac version of FF XII with maybe one or two minor changes or additions.

I have heard that DQ VIII is one of the better ones and it will probably be the one I try first. I will definitely give the soundtrack a listen to at some point.

That is pretty funny that they would send you a satisfaction survey after not helping. Maybe they automatically send it to everyone who contacts support.

Mah, if it turns out like the outsourced PS3 FF X, who got upscaling only for main characters and not NPCs and background, or like PS4 FF X, who had its RNG broken, I suspect it won’t turn out very well…

FF VII -for me- IS a big cash cow, so expect every form of useless DLC (from something like Lightning’s outfits, to the abomination of offering a stats boost in exchange of real money, not gil), but also expect entire chapters to be added as DLC à la FF XIII-2.

The only guarantee for a job well done is the ravaging fanbase that will maul them should they do something, at the very least technically, subpar.

FF XII, on the other hand, could not have the same luck, since SE felt ashamed for creating it and decide to atone for its sins by giving us XIII trilogy and hell on earth.

mshall2, I finally found the time to hear Dragon Quest VIII CD and honestly I couldn’t find a single track I don’t like.

If I have to choose, my favorites are Overture, Marching through the fields, Chatting, Mysterious tower, War cry, Heavenly flight.

The CD is still available on various sites if you, like me, are a collector and prefer a physical copy rather than a digital one.

I suspect that giving another site’s address is vaguely against the rules, so PM me.

@HeartOfLion Thanks for re-listening to the soundtrack for me and giving me your recommendations. I went ahead and listen to some of the tracks and they sounded pretty good. I might consider getting the soundtrack.

Yes, I am like you and prefer to have physical copies of soundtracks and most forms of media in general. I will probably send you a PM about it later on.

Also despite the flaws in the FF X remasters I would still have reasonable hopes for a good remaster of FF XII if they decide to outsource it. Of course I would prefer it if its done in house since that would most likely give us the best chance of having new content added into the game or more than just visual changes made. I think overall it would have more potential if at least some work was done in house. I actually was pleased with the FF X remaster on the PS3 thought I do wish they had went ahead and made some of the additional graphical improvements they made on the PS4 version. I actually was thinking about getting the PS4 version, but the RNG error is a really big issue that I can't believe is in that edition. That alone is enough to make many people like me choose to not get the PS4 version. I am still hoping that they will choose to patch the game to remove the error even though I realize it is somewhat unlikely. The recent patch they made for Type-0 makes me believe its possible they may eventually patch it.

Also I agree with you about the remake. I expect that no matter how good the remake is for VII there will be overzealous fans that harshly criticize it.

If you like orchestral OSTs, I’d suggest you to buy/hear, aside from Uematsu’s music, Vagrant Story, Okami, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus OSTs and also, among the less known games, Phantasy Star Universe complete OST (also known as For brighter day CD box).
    I also found very interesting the many concerts Uematsu held in various parts of the world.
    Maybe I should create a thread to discuss music in and out of gaming world…

Regarding the outsourcing, I expect the external team to do only what it had been told to, so nothing new unless approved by the mother company, that is, only a technical work, nothing more.
    But Square’s story shows how they couldn’t handle not only foreign market, but marketing in general as well: as a non English mother tongue speaker, I can’t forget that they never contractually obliged importers to translate FF VII, Front Mission 3, Vagrant Story and also that they never officially imported the pocket station, that was integral to reach 100% completion in FF VIII.
    Or how can I forget the official FF IX guide, that never gave hints, but instead forced the reader to go to Square’s site to find the answers?
    Many in my country considered it Square’s lowest point, almost a fraud.
    And, by the way, have you ever seen a company that doesn’t patch when needed, but only after many people ask for it?

FF VII will be a bloodbath unless they will be so smart (something I doubt) to give options to customize the gaming experience so that the various kind of players can all be happy, like adding an option to switch on the fly from turn based to real time combat.

Dood, the Brady guide for Final Fantasy IX! I had suppressed the memory of that thing! That is literally the only book of any type I've ever bought that I intentionally tore to shreds. What %)($!^@ moron decided it was a good idea to release a strategy guide (one that cost actual, real world currency) that just told you to look it up on the internet!? %)($ you, Brady! %)($ you!

Even if I don’t like Bradygames guides and consider them vastly inferior to Piggyback ones, I must admit that this time (and this time only) it wasn’t their fault, but a decision from Square itself.
    All official IX guides were made that way, but they required the same amount of money of a full guide.
    This is THE scandal.
    Mine was half burned at the stake, half used for pigs.

Haha yes, the Final Fantasy IX guide was a complete disaster. Literally the most useless guide ever. I mean I guess its kind of nice that there was an official online guide that you could use (even thought online free faqs are easily available and generally really good), but it completely defeated the purpose of a physical guide that cost money. The notion of having a physical guide that requires referencing an online guide is unbelievably idiotic. On a side note the online portions of the guide can still be accessed through online archives though so they have not been lost.

@HeartOfLion Also your definitely right. The Piggyback guides tend to be much better than the Bradygames guides. Especially when you look at the Final Fantasy XII guide. The Piggyback guide for XII is definitely one of the most beautiful guides of all time. If you have never seen it, then you should definitely check it out. I believe it was only released in Europe and thus never officially was released in the US.

On that note and as a way to realign this thread with its original purpose, another potentially good addition to a FF XII Zodiac Job Remaster would be to include a very nice guide with it. I was thinking of an updated version of the already superb Piggyback FF XII guide. At the very least it would be nice if another guide as nice as that one gets released with the remaster.

@HeartOfLion I actually have heard most of the other soundtracks you mentioned. I have the Vagrant Story soundtrack and have played through Okami and most of Ico and thus have heard a lot of their soundtracks as well.

Speaking of Vagrant Story, how about packaging it with XII too? Put out an Ivalive Alliance compendium, perhaps?

Originally Posted by Leon_Beoulve
    Speaking of Vagrant Story, how about packaging it with XII too? Put out an Ivalive Alliance compendium, perhaps?
    This would be awesome! I also think its a possibility given the games included in the Kingdom Heart remasters. I think they might would also consider including a version of some of the tactic games with it, which they would have three to choose from. If they did do a compendium and included a remastered version of Tactics, War of the Lions I think it would be a big crowd pleaser with a lot of sales or if they did XII, Vagrant Story, and Tactics, War of the Lions....just wow! Another interesting thing that would be interesting is if Square Enix considered doing a Tactics compilation.

Leon_Beoulve suggestion for the remaster would almost certainly be my most desired extra!

@HeartOfLion Also your definitely right. The Piggyback guides tend to be much better than the Bradygames guides. Especially when you look at the Final Fantasy XII guide. The Piggyback guide for XII is definitely one of the most beautiful guides of all time. If you have never seen it, then you should definitely check it out. I believe it was only released in Europe and thus never officially was released in the US.
    I know.

I own it.

My prrrrecioussss.

The limited edition in faux leather was given to me for my birthday, back in 2006, along with the game.
    It’s a Piggyback exclusive, only available in EU, since Piggyback holds the rights for the entire continent.
    The guide is available in the five main European languages (mine is in Italian).
    Although a real masterpiece, is essential to fully enjoy and complete the game.
    Take the Zodiac Spear, for example, you’ll never EVER be able to obtain it if you don’t know what treasure chests do NOT open and you’ll never get this information from any NPC.
    Paraphrasing Front Mission 3 intro, Square never learns.
    Mark my words: if the game reaches western shores, Piggyback won’t lose the chance to do a new guide!
    But since I feel they will sell it separately, I would be satisfied with a big, one hundred page art book printed on luxury paper.

Leon_Beoulve, yours is a wonderful idea but let me tell you one thing, before accusations of blasphemy hit me: instead of a VII remake, I would have liked more a Vagrant Story sequel!
    With Matsuno at the helm!

Excuse me but now I have to flee, I see lit up torches and pitchforks…

The best extra is launch a version for PC in 1080p, it could also be provided by steam as many other versions of the series. If possible with subtitles in Portuguese in Brazil. Final Fantasy XII is epic, should not die in the PS2 platform.
    Last edited by xFernando; 20th Jul 2015 at 17:59.

They should change/invert the camera control

Page 1 of 3 123 Last