View Poll Results: Zodiac HD extras wishlist

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy XII manga

    0 0%
  • Extra disc with interviews, trailers, Theater Mode etc.

    1 25.00%
  • Online mode

    0 0%
  • Artbook

    2 50.00%
  • A playable moogle

    0 0%
  • Play Arts Kai Fran

    0 0%
  • The Original Fran

    1 25.00%
  • Ashe’s tailor address

    0 0%
  • Nothing at all, I care only about the game

    1 25.00%
  • Something else (say what)

    1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: What kind of new extras do you want for Zodiac HD?

What kind of new extras do you want for Zodiac HD?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Well, technically this thread is about extras BEYOND the game itself.
    While I agree about a PC/Mac version, if it will be created, it will surely be a Steam version.
    Since I loathe their policy of forced game activation and all subsequent crap, and since Square had recently made only Steam conversions of their games, all my preferences go towards a console version.
    By the way, if they have added Portuguese to FF XIII, I see no reason why they shouldn’t add it to the XII HD version.
    That said, to stick to this thread’s subject, tell me your preferred external extra!

  2. #27
    Please have the following in this!:

    -Each character can have 2 jobs. You can have a switch command to switch jobs in battle. It will take up a turn to do this. So many weapons go un-used in this game and this is the only way to utilize all of them. You will be able to set up your gear twice per character per class in the menu. However, if you want the same item included in both jobs, you will need 2 items (it taking up a turn and it not allowing equipment sharing are nerfs to make the character not over powered)

    -International based version with the US version's version of Yiazmat. You can still allow debuffs if ya want though.

    -Faster chest respawns.

    -Some other way of getting the Genji Helmets and Duranjo without being so annoying.

    -Keep the ps2's processing effects but just make them look appropriate for the uprezzing. Do not delete effects. Make it optional to turn off or on at least.

    -INCLUDE CONTROLLER RUMBLE! No rumble no buy. I do not like that you are removing rumble from all of the steam games of FF. Kills the emersion.

    -Make last boss stronger in all forms.

    -Incorporate the Judge tower battles in-game instead of as a side game.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Add (even if OT, but since no one seems to care, let me join):

    better voice quality (not the acting, that is perfect -save for Larsa- but the sound itself),

    a new game + mode with the chance to maintain at least the new uber-rare invisible weapons,

    the chance to choose the standard or the new license boards,

    the chance to change jobs, even forcing the player to have different jobs for every team member,

    the chance to have all the team on the battlefield during summoning, instead of only the summoner,

    miniquest to choose Ashe’s new husband,

    AAANNND (drum roll!) repainted Vaan’s abs!

  4. #29
    Screw it, I'm bored, so I'm gonna add a few things. How about some new characters? Put Ramza Lugria in it. Maybe Ashley Riot too. If Balthier can cameo in War of the Lions, why not have some new blood join Ashe and co.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Originally Posted by Leon_Beoulve
    Screw it, I'm bored, so I'm gonna add a few things. How about some new characters? Put Ramza Lugria in it. Maybe Ashley Riot too. If Balthier can cameo in War of the Lions, why not have some new blood join Ashe and co.
    I agree, but why Ashley Riot is in and Callo Merlose is not?

    They didn’t gave her much screen time, but I have the distinct feeling that she would have been a heavy hitter as good as Tifa, if only she weren’t an NPC.

    Plus she was so sexy with her armored stainless steel heels!

    But if I have to remain within XII border, I’d like to have a playable moogle (my choice is Nono, can you imagine an attack from a so diminutive being with machinery out of nowhere?) or Migelo or even a chocobo.

  6. #31
    Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    I agree, but why Ashley Riot is in and Callo Merlose is not?

    They didn’t gave her much screen time, but I have the distinct feeling that she would have been a heavy hitter as good as Tifa, if only she weren’t an NPC.

    Plus she was so sexy with her armored stainless steel heels!

    But if I have to remain within XII border, I’d like to have a playable moogle (my choice is Nono, can you imagine an attack from a so diminutive being with machinery out of nowhere?) or Migelo or even a chocobo.
    Hmm, acceptable. If we're gonna have this many characters to choose from though, we may need to raise the party cap. What do you think of having six people on the field?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Originally Posted by Leon_Beoulve
    Hmm, acceptable. If we're gonna have this many characters to choose from though, we may need to raise the party cap. What do you think of having six people on the field?
    It could be a little daunting task to micromanage all of them.

    I generally let the gambits manage the party members save for the leader, who is under my direct control.

    I’ve learned that in the toughest battles you often have to manually input commands to the other party members, since battle conditions change greatly and quickly as soon as the boss’ HP are depleted.

    So I’d say that 4 is the perfect number for the boss battles, while in the open, against hordes upon hordes of lesser enemies, big brawls with all the muscles and the firepower I can put on the field would be too fun.

    All these ideas make me want to go crack some skull again, I think it’s the perfect way to enjoy my birthday!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    19
    I agree with HeartOfLion. I feel like it could be difficult to micromanage everyone. I think 4 characters would be managable, but I still think I would prefer it to remain 3 characters.

    I also think it would potentially mess up the balancing of the game and would require more rebalancing than I would like. Thus, I would prefer if characters from the Ivalice Alliance were added in as NPC's as cameo appearances and not as playable controllable characters.

  9. #34
    Originally Posted by mshall2
    I agree with HeartOfLion. I feel like it could be difficult to micromanage everyone. I think 4 characters would be managable, but I still think I would prefer it to remain 3 characters.

    I also think it would potentially mess up the balancing of the game and would require more rebalancing than I would like. Thus, I would prefer if characters from the Ivalice Alliance were added in as NPC's as cameo appearances and not as playable controllable characters.
    I see your (and by extension, HoL's) point.... but I've been waiting for nearly twenty years for a true Tactics sequel. I need to play as Ramza for another game and Elder Scrolls Online really isn't cutting it, so he gets to be in XII HD Ultra.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Originally Posted by mshall2
    I agree with HeartOfLion. I feel like it could be difficult to micromanage everyone. I think 4 characters would be managable, but I still think I would prefer it to remain 3 characters.

    I also think it would potentially mess up the balancing of the game and would require more rebalancing than I would like. Thus, I would prefer if characters from the Ivalice Alliance were added in as NPC's as cameo appearances and not as playable controllable characters.
    In all honesty, I don’t think these extra characters would break the game, maybe the story, since XII is not that bumbling mess that XIII-2 is.

    If I have to see (and play, there’s no reason for me to have them as NPCs cameos) characters from different Ivalice’s eras, I need some Matsuno-like explanation for their presence that does not revolve around time travel or different realities, but judging from the current level of writing, this spells disaster all over.

    Even if I’d love to see characters from Vagrant Story & Tactics Ogre in XII, I could be satisfied even with characters that, in some way, are connected with them, like distant ancestors or descendants.

  11. #36
    Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    In all honesty, I don’t think these extra characters would break the game, maybe the story, since XII is not that bumbling mess that XIII-2 is.

    If I have to see (and play, there’s no reason for me to have them as NPCs cameos) characters from different Ivalice’s eras, I need some Matsuno-like explanation for their presence that does not revolve around time travel or different realities, but judging from the current level of writing, this spells disaster all over.

    Even if I’d love to see characters from Vagrant Story & Tactics Ogre in XII, I could be satisfied even with characters that, in some way, are connected with them, like distant ancestors or descendants.
    I'm not sure where the storylines of Vagrant Story or Tactics Ogre fit into the timeline, so I can't really say anything about them, but as for Tactics characters, I think the way they worked Balthier into War of the Lions was okay. Hell, maybe getting them could be a sidequest line like the bonus characters were in Tactics.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Leon_Beoulve, yours is a great idea.

    And since it occurred to me to remember that originally Matsuno only took some elements from Vagrant Story as an inspiration, not to link the two games together, so… why not?

    XII will be Ultra for me only when they implement some much needed changes that will go beyond a simple Zodiac remaster and your idea is a good start in the right direction.

    Hi mshall2, how are you?
    Long time no see!
    Still interested in those links to the OST CDs?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    19
    Leon_Beoulve mentioning the timeline got me curious about it. So I looked it up on the FF wiki. Its supposedly FF XII, FF XII Revenant Wings, FFT A2 Grimiore of the Rift (main story), FFT, Vagrant Story, FFT Advance, FFT A2 Grimiore of the Rift (prologue & Epilogue). Leon_Beoulve you mentioned Tactics Ogre in regards to the Ivalice timeline. I'd always been under the impression the Tactic Ogre series was at least not confirmed to be in the same universe, but have never played it or really looked into it enough to confirm. Does the game reference or hint at being part of the Ivalice Alliance? Maybe I will get around to playing Tactics Ogre one day. Is Tactic Ogre's story the same quality as FFT? I have always heard that series was one of the best in the SRPG genre.

    Anyway, speaking of timelines, and extra I would like is if they gave us an art book and they spent a section in it discussing Ivalice's history, the timeline, and gave us more information about it in general. I think it would be interesting to know more about how the games relate.

    Hi HeartOfLion, I am doing well, but have been busy finishing up work and getting adjusted to graduate school. As you can tell I have not been on very much lately. I hope you are also doing well.
    Yes, I am still interested. If you want, you can PM me them. By the way I usually get my soundtrack cds off of eBay and Amazon or if its particularly hard to find YesAsia or Cd-Japan.

  14. #39
    @mshall2
    I haven't really played Tactics Ogre either. I only mentioned it because HeartofLion did. I actually downloaded it for the Vita last year, but couldn't get into it.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was abroad because my cousin requested my presence at his wedding .
    Mshall2, you are right, I forgot that Tactics Ogre is not part of the Ivalice Alliance, I was confused by the fact that it shares with Vagrant and XII the same mastermind behind them, the one and only Matsuno.
    I played it many years ago and enjoyed it, but after so many years, minute details are slightly difficult to retrace…
    To have an idea of what Matsuno accomplished in overhauling the game (and since I’m too lazy to make a list) take a look at this page:
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Og...pic/7786365/1/
    As always with Matsuno at the helm, the game is filled with political stuff, but also great skull-cracking battles.
    Tactics Ogre was released before FFT. Since the games share some of the core designers, it’s wise to say that they were at the very least influenced by their older work when they conceived FFT.
    I totally agree (see poll above) with the art book idea: I bought the Ultimania Omega book, inside there’s a very small art section and even with such a few excerpts I was speechless.
    I can’t imagine what will be of my poor heart should I face such a massive amount of original art.
    Add a massive data section and this will be my last post.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    19
    @HeartOfLion No worries about the delay. I have a tendency to go awhile between post myself and your usually much quicker about responding than me. Anyway.... Thanks for the link. I read through it and it does a really good job explaining all of the changes. It sounds like that I would enjoy Tactics Ogre since I also enjoyed FFT. I am not certain when I would have time to play it, but hopefully I will at some point.

    I've never gotten any of the Ultimanias, but from the screenshots I've seen of them they look really cool. I definitively agree about the concept art. All of XII's art that I've seen has been really beautiful. I am a big fan of the the FF series's art in general and was very happy to see that XII had good concept art, despite Amano not doing the majority of it (please correct me if I am wrong).

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    If my memory serves me correctly, the main artists on XII were Yoaka Amano, Isamu Kamikokuryo and Hideo Minaba, the last two also as art directors.
    Isamu Kamikokuryo himself stated that, though the development of Final Fantasy XII took a long time, because of the development length he could paint the art for the game in fine detail, and it is because he took so long to make the art for the game that the final game achieved its much praised look.

    Originally Posted by Leon_Beoulve
    @mshall2
    I haven't really played Tactics Ogre either. I only mentioned it because HeartofLion did. I actually downloaded it for the Vita last year, but couldn't get into it.
    Leon_Beoulve, don’t worry if you didn’t like Tactics Ogre, we all have our likes and dislikes.
    If I may, I suggest that you play Front Mission 3, very strategic, very political, full of plot twists and with two (!) different storylines.
    And with robots.

  18. #43
    Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    Leon_Beoulve, don’t worry if you didn’t like Tactics Ogre, we all have our likes and dislikes.
    If I may, I suggest that you play Front Mission 3, very strategic, very political, full of plot twists and with two (!) different storylines.
    And with robots.
    I think the biggest problem I had with it (aside from having too many other games demanding my attention) was that it reminded me of Tactics just enough to make me want to go back and play Tactics. I've always had the same problem with Final Fantasy V.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    Same problem here, but with different games.
    Anyway, since this thread is about external bonuses, have you seen the new Fran?
    I was talking with mshall2 through PM about prices, why don’t you join us?

  20. #45
    New Fran?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    The new Play Arts Kai Fran figure, 31 centimeters (or 12 inches if you prefer) of goodness and bliss!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    120
    It seems that not even Fran’s gracefulness is enough to revive my thread or people’s imagination over XII desired extras is lower than expected (or is it a matter of shyness bigger than expected?)

  23. #48
    IT'S FINALLY COMING!

  24. #49
    I know! I am super excited! I am looking forward to any more information they might announce about it at E3.

  25. #50
    Its also almost certain they will release a special edition of the game. It'll be really interesting to see what they decide to include in it.

    Hopefully we'll get to see sooner, rather than later what things on our wishlist make it into the remaster and into its likely to be released collector's edition version.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last