Dear Square Enix,

Some of us who are fans of Supreme Commander were somewhat, if not extremely disappointed, with the results of the collaboration with the now absorbed Gas Powered Games to bring us Supreme Commander 2. We have compiled a list of reasons over the years from playing the game of just why we felt so disappointed.

1. You were trying too hard to nail the art style instead of the spectacle of the last game.
And I don't blame you. I think that a lot of the units were really well done. But the problem is that so much of some of the units changed (and some disappeared entirely) that no one had any thing to identify with from the last game. Sure, I mean, you did bring back the Monkeylord, but that was for a small DLC, not the main game. And by that time, the game had lost it's moxie.

2. You tried too hard to focus on the story as well.
To be brutally honest, none of us was really here to behold an over arching story arc between the three different factions concerning the breaking of a decades long peace. We wanted to see tons of units charge across a huge map to blow up spectacularly. The story of the last games was in all honesty, a primer for the multiplayer we would all be playing. Which leads into...

3. The multiplayer was neutered from the last game.
Yes, it was all in the sake of simplicity, but the true complexities of Supreme Commander was what drew us all in. The ability to make whatever strategies you wanted, with whatever units you wanted. The ability to fight other people in a war and come out close friends in the end. The extremely steep learning curve? The forge in which some of the most passionate people I play with on Forged Alliance Forever (Great place, check it out.) were made. Heck, it's where I really started as a gamer.

4. The Scale was all wrong.
Yes, I'm capitalizing the word scale, but it was a real contributor to what made the game feel so epic. you could send an entire army across the isthmus of Setons Clutch. You could send an air force soaring across Shuriken Island. You could float your navy with a battleship or two across Betrayal Ocean. And that's what made it truly Epic.

And thus, with those four points we get to the crux of the problem. How do we fix this? I propose an answer that is surprisingly simple, for such a large scale company such as yourself. Sell it. Sell it to Uber Entertainment, putting it back into the hand of one of the developers of the original game, Jon Mavor. Or sell it to Blackbird Studios, the amazing people who remastered another true RTS classic, the Homeworld franchise. It would get a, to you, relatively useless IP off your back, and give someone else a chance to make the game, and the series as a whole, truly shine again. We hope that you gain some knowledge from this, and wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.

Signed,
Some fans of Supreme Commander