Page 13 of 13 First First ... 3910111213

Thread: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -Announcement/Gen Discussion - NEW: DXMD @ No1 UK Charts

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -Announcement/Gen Discussion - NEW: DXMD @ No1 UK Charts

signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Interview with Eidos Montreal

We can quickly customize an environment and 3ds Max is as close as we can get to modeling straight inside the engine." - Hubert Corriveau, Environment Director, discusses how Eidos Montréal uses 3ds Max in their latest game, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
    signature image

REVIEW THREAD - Early review embargo! Square Enix/Eidos looking confident!

OpenCritic just posted the review embargo for Mankind Divided: http://opencritic.com/game/1812/deus-ex-mankind-divided

Like the last one, the game is extremely mainstream friendly. It's no surprise they would have an early review embargo, given the reception of the last game.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Director: Day 1 Patches “Part Of Our Reality”

"I think Day One patches are getting more and more like the norm,” says the executive game director of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided...
    signature image

DX:MD - Press Reviews

IGN Germany: "Das Spiel(t) mit eurer Erwartungshaltung"
    http://de.ign.com/deus-ex-mankind-di...it-eurer-erwar

Since it's German language and I don't have the time to translate it all for you, here's a quick summary:

- very disappointing main story with an anti-climatic, abrupt ending
    - good side missions
    - Bob Page
    - better shooter mechanics (good overall balance between stealth and action gameplay)
    - better enemy AI
    - a convincing world design
    - not so great German voice acting
    - Breach mode is a nice addition

8/10

Sounds to me like they pulled an unfortunate "pre-DLC chop job" on the story.
    Last edited by SageSavage; 18th Aug 2016 at 19:29.

Just finished the game, here are my thoughts!

NO SPOILERS!

To start things off, let me just say that I totally don't understand story complaints, story is great and ending is very satisfactory, but that may be because I achieved probably "the best ending" possible judging from my trophies.

Personally I didn't feel like the game just got CUT in the middle, not really, they introduced story in the beginning, and followed through to the very end explaining everything, whilst opening a new plot/conspiracy in the background to be discovered in the sequel. Hell, the ending segment even showcased what happens to various people from SIDEQUESTS! I loved that!

So no, definitely not a letdown in my opinion.

It took me around 35-40 hours to complete everything, and I'm positive I still missed 2 siedquests. That guy from the guardian who said he explored alot and completed almost everything in 12 hours? F***ing liar.

Gameplay? Well, if you liked Human Revolution, you'll like Mankind Divded, it's mostly the same with a couple of improvements:

- better gunplay
    - corner takedowns
    - crafting system, simple and useful
    - much more paths to your objective
    - bigger HUB with tons of secrets
    - better physics
    - better mocap and face animations, but still lacking a little imo
    - multi-layered sidequests, sheer quality and no fetch quest quantity

All in all, it's an improved formula which in my opinion is still playable as hell. I don't understand reviewers giving it 7 or 8 with the main reason being: "it's just more of the same".

Those are good scores of course, but the reasoning is beyond me in this case, like Uncharted 3 or 4 isn't more of the same, and yet it got ton of perfect scores. Gaming journalism... smh. Of course I like Uncharted series, I'm just using it as an example of the double standards.

Smaller things I liked:

- Jensen going around the ladder if he was on the wrong side, or jumping and catching ladder from the wrong side in mid air, little detail but I liked it

- Lethal takedowns not alarming everybody like in the vicinity like some kind of bomb went off, a good compromise, louder, but not overly loud and still viable for stealth

- Loadings, yes, loadings, especially those where Adam just stands in the metro like a total boss or walks on the tracks while playing with his arm.

- Lack of loadings, hehe, I know, seems pretty inconsistent after my previous comment, what I mean by that, is no matter how complex builidng you enter, there are no loading screens, which is impressive considering how many buildings are "enterable"

- Main HUB at different times of day and different weather, Prague at night + rain? Holy *! And it was nice having been able to play around in broad daylight, always missed that in HR.

- Checkpoints where we need to show our documents, they really helped immersion and the whole idea of mechanical apartheid

- Dynamic lighting, you just need to experience how awesome it looks when a police siren is being reflected by a signpost on a rainy night, looks amazing!

- No piss filter, not that I hated it in HR, it kinda grew on me, but more various and vibrant color palette really made a better impression on me

- Futuristic setting, it's been only 2 years since HR, yet the game world seems more futuristic or 'cyberpunky', loved the design, absolutely brilliant

My wishlist?

- More hubs next time, at least 2, Prague was great, but it would've been nice to have a second hub for variety's sake, a bloody shame golem city was a semi-hub, it was a blast exploring it

- More takedown animations, animations number wise, it felt like a downgrade from HR

- Let us customize Jensen's clothing, how he goes out to the HUB, with shades on/off, coat on/off, that kind of thing

Things to fix? I already listed them here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Deusex/comm...s_no_spoilers/

To summarize, I bloody love it, my personal goty so far, and it's lot coming from a die hard Souls fan considering that DS3 hit this year.

Great, hope you get things sorted.
    signature image

signature image

....Stay home and work on fixing bugs in this game rather.....

Check out the technical forum for the latest patch.
    signature image

Just added to Picus News thread.
    Congratulations to the team at Eidos Montreal.

UK Gaming Charts: "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided" Augments into First Place!

This week we’ve got five new entries into the top forty, with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided winning overall in first place.
    signature image

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - System Rift DLC Trailer

System Rift is one of two story DLCs for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided developed by Eidos Montréal.

System Rift will follow Adam Jensen as he collaborates with Francis Pritchard to break into one of Prague's Palisade Blades. They will do so with the help of the hacker ShadowChild.

signature image

"Don't expect another big Deus Ex game anytime soon"
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-anytime-soon

Well, funk! It's not coming as a total surprise, as I have read about it's pretty bad sales numbers before but it really sucks. I've started playing it a few weeks ago and think I'm close to finishing my first run. It started out as very mixed experience in pretty much all aspects but after a while it really grew on me and since then I feel that MD is actually a significantly better DX-game then HR was (in many aspects, might elaborate on another time). Having read a number of complaints about it, I am bracing myself for an unsatisfactory ending - which would make it suck even more, if they don't follow it up with a proper sequel that delivers the missing pieces.

does anyone know how to scan triangles pease?

^

signature image

Page 13 of 13 First First ... 3910111213