Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 2: The Plot Thickens

I don't think their sexuality is in question, or important, it is just 'Chloe speak.'
    signature image

MaxxChloe

So I had to get a Square Enix account because of this game. I played the first episode, and the storyline hooked me enough to get me to buy the season pass. My main problem was that I didn't really like a lot of the characters. They seemed really forced and like they were talking in clichés all the time.

Episode 2, however, pushed me in the complete opposite direction. I still think the story is very good, and I felt the characters really opened up and became much more well rounded this time around. I really felt for Kate, and that ending sequence with her almost felt like a punch in the gut. I managed to save her (good thing I remembered the card I found in her room), and when I saw that it was possible for her to die...I don't even know. I've suffered from anxiety and bouts of depression myself and once saw someone commit suicide about 10 feet in front of me. I have never connected with a video game like this before, and I rarely get this kind of feeling from any kind of entertainment media. I was wondering if I would regret spending the money on the full Season Pass, but if the game keeps up like this, I think it could become one of the best story based games of this type ever made.

On a lighter note, Warren and I have much the same taste in movies and pop culture. Plus I'm a science major. I sure hope I'm not relating to a total creep...

Quote Originally Posted by Genericktag View Post
    So I had to get a Square Enix account because of this game. I played the first episode, and the storyline hooked me enough to get me to buy the season pass. My main problem was that I didn't really like a lot of the characters. They seemed really forced and like they were talking in clichés all the time.

Episode 2, however, pushed me in the complete opposite direction. I still think the story is very good, and I felt the characters really opened up and became much more well rounded this time around. I really felt for Kate, and that ending sequence with her almost felt like a punch in the gut. I managed to save her (good thing I remembered the card I found in her room), and when I saw that it was possible for her to die...I don't even know. I've suffered from anxiety and bouts of depression myself and once saw someone commit suicide about 10 feet in front of me. I have never connected with a video game like this before, and I rarely get this kind of feeling from any kind of entertainment media. I was wondering if I would regret spending the money on the full Season Pass, but if the game keeps up like this, I think it could become one of the best story based games of this type ever made.

On a lighter note, Warren and I have much the same taste in movies and pop culture. Plus I'm a science major. I sure hope I'm not relating to a total creep...
    Hello, and welcome on-board the "Life Is Strange" express! I'm glad to read that you're enjoying what you've seen so far

The game does deal with issues that have real substance, no wonder then that there is a support group set up for those affected by the issues raised in the game.

Oh. . .and I don't personally see Warren as being a creep, he just likes Max and wants to be around her.
    signature image

Hey everyone, first comment, sorry if you find any nonsensical sentences, i´m from germany

First, this game is great. The songs fits, the charakters are authentic, the game captures.

To the Story: I have one idea i think no one had before.

Surely all of you know Heavy Rain. Who thought that Shelby was the Killer?
    Me not.
    Nathan and the principal are the "obvious" bad asses.

Samuel is psycho, but i think he is a important "good" person in the further story.

What about the teacher, Ms. Grant? No one cares of her, she don´t want cameras in the school.
    Why not? Maybe she has something to conceal.
    And in Ep. 2 she tells Max "we will talk to each other again...soon!".
    Can be a normal statement...or something of importance.
    The same with Alyssa. Mentally struck, not flashy.

The idea, that the principal or Nathan are the killers is too easy.
    And too easy doesn´t match for Life is Strange.

I think, like many do, Rachel has the same power like max.

Do we have informations, if Warren flirted Rachel too?
    Maybe Brooke is so jealous? Maybe Brooke is a psycho killer who kills every girl who is into Warren?

This game is simply great in 2 episiodes. I hope the game can get the voltage upright.

PS: Saved Kate in first try! Hope she has a part in Ep. 4 or 5 for the players who saved her.

3 mad theorys...what do you think about?

Hello, savegame 2.

Welcome on-board for the ride.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Savegame2 View Post
    Surely all of you know Heavy Rain. Who thought that Shelby was the Killer?
    Me not.
    Nathan and the principal are the "obvious" bad asses.
    I did not see that coming. I didn't realize it until really late in the game after my friend pointed out to me what an asthmatic sounds like (I don't know anyone asthmatic, so when the huge clue dropped I didn't catch it).

Heavy Rain was an excellent game. Anyone who owns a PS3 should play it. I need to play it again after the semester is over in-between Life is Strange episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by glitchygirlie View Post
    Speaking of the plot thickening, Warren is a creep. He creeps out from behind the building outside of Max's dorm every few seconds. Then he creeps back behind the building. I always had a bad feeling about him. Max should hook up with Chloe.

wuuuut?? That's a first, some people don't like warren but I do, plus I accepted his movie "request" lol.. Plus I NEVER noticed the things you said?? Yeah I see him waiting outside but never creeping... Did you see that in a window or something? I just see him as a friend, plus he took a punch for me lol... Would love for you to tell me what made think that? Maybe I missed signs or maybe I didn't notice? Either way would love for you to tell me if there's a proof or it's just a personal opinion, because personally I like warren he's a dork lol. Plus he defended me! But if there is a proof I missed that he was creepin on max then maybe I am wrong..

I don't view Warren as being creepy or a threat. He just likes Max.
    signature image

Saving her just

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTonTom View Post
    I blamed David. Simply because I had proof. However, I do not think he is the bad guy.
    Same here. However, I couldn't blame Nathan because I cannot know whether he has done something to Kate. She said something, he said something, who is right? Mr Jefferson hasn't done anything wrong in my opinion.
    Kate has been for me the most annoying character throughout the game and I helped her far more than I really wanted to. I couldn't manage to save her, I've tried to, but honestly, I'm glad I've got rid of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira
    Heavy Rain was an excellent game.
    Except for the controls, huh. The gamepad ones were one of the worst I've faced. Maybe I should have go for the Move control.

Hi everyone,

Its really great reading everyone's experiences in Life Is Strange! I love the game and I am trying to spread the word to get even more people playing this game.

I have started making YouTube videos of my play throughs, it would be really great if you could take some time to watch them and also to share them if you like them. If you enjoy them enough, please consider subscribing to my channel. I will soon have all 4 current episodes uploaded and will upload a play through of Episode 5 when it is released.

Here is a link to my Episode 2 play through

https://youtu.be/ixwqGHwlFdU

First game for me where a person died.

I managed to keep everyone alive in games such as Heavy Rain and Until Dawn, so this is a first for me where anyone has died if I had the choice to prevent it from happening. I was shocked to discover I got no rewind time when Kate decided to jump. I was one step away from pulling her in but failed with the Christian references. I have no clue about the references in the bible so had to gamble. Obviously made the incorrect choice. Perhaps I should have googled the quotes before making a decision!

Was either of these two quotes explained in her room? Why was the left quote incorrect? Had something to do with Justice and I must admit it sounded harsh. Any Christians here care to share their interpretation of the two choices?

Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaSukajan View Post

Was either of these two quotes explained in her room? Why was the left quote incorrect? Had something to do with Justice and I must admit it sounded harsh. Any Christians here care to share their interpretation of the two choices?
    The only reason that one quote was correct and the other wrong was that Kate preferred the quote which proved correct in the choices available.

It is as simple as that.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    The only reason that one quote was correct and the other wrong was that Kate preferred the quote which proved correct in the choices available.

It is as simple as that.
    Were we given hints in her room or during an earlier conversation that would indicate her preferred choice? If so, was this taken down as a note in Max' diary? I wonder if it is necessary to write down extra details on a piece of paper if quotes such as this would determine the life and death for other characters in the remaining episodes.

When this game first came out and I began playing it I used to think like that in the sense that clues and stuff would make a huge difference to the overall outcome. Unfortunately though, I found that it made no difference and the whole game hung on the two choices that the player was presented with at the very end of the game - everything else was just dressing.

My comment probably comes across as being quite negative, but no, I actually thoroughly enjoyed playing this game - it was just a pity that all the alternative choices the player was given didn't amount to much come the finale
    Last edited by julietxjules; 16th Sep 2016 at 15:20.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    My comment probably comes across as being quite negative, but no, I actually thoroughly enjoyed playing this game - it was just a pity that all the alternative choices the player was given didn't amount to much come the finale.[/FONT]
    Hehe, funny you updated your comment. I first saw it without the edit and was just about to reply because of it. Yeah, guess I'll still do my best checking all info that's presented in the game, but don't have to worry too much about forgetting intricate details.

Do you reckon a sequel would incorporate more choices with consequences requiring paying attention? Maybe if discovered hints could be written done in her notebook or something.

[VirtuaSukajan: wrote.

Do you reckon a sequel would incorporate more choices with consequences requiring paying attention? Maybe if discovered hints could be written done in her notebook or something]

In my mind, I am not so sure if a sequel would work or have the same emotional impact as the first did. Perhaps it's best to leave well alone and let the game stand and bask in its own originality and glory for all time. If a sequel is forthcoming and is based on player choice leading to unknown consequences - as did the first, then all I can hope is that the decisions the player makes will have real value and ultimately alter the end game. But this is a tricky thing for any game developer to successfully achieve - especially given the time constraints which Dontnod willingly inflicted upon itself in the making of the first. For any game offering multiple choices that steers the storyline in different directions, a layered complexity then begins to build up which then needs as many endings as it has layers. The problem then is to pin each and every story-thread down so it can be traced back and identified with its source material, or in other words, it retains self continuity.

Life is Strange was never going to be able to pull this trick off (not that I think it tried to.) For one example: the episodes were far too short and shallow to ever plumb the literary depths needed for such complexities which its own mythology created in and around Arcadia Bay. A game like that needs time and careful planning in its development to ever come close to being bigger than the sum of its parts. If Dontnod ever do develop a sequel, then it would be better served if expanded properly and put on disc rather than have it serialised with pending time constraints hanging over its release; a damaging and unwanted pressure I am sure.

Any game, any book, any film, or anything else comes to that matter that has time travel at its core, is always going to present unique problems purely because it is unknown and untried territory - which for now at least, remain firmly within the realms of popular science fiction. The romantic notion that one could alter and therefore change the course of history for the better is as strong today as it was when Samuel Madden wrote "Memoirs of the Twentieth Century" in 1733. Yes. . .it was really that long ago!

And just look at where we are now. I am sure, that like you, I can name a multitude of people who have either wrote a book, wrote a play, made a film, or scored music in the name of time travel - it is a veritable, creative, bottomless pit! And thank goodness for that; I have always been a sci-fi fan.

All I can really know for sure about any of it is this; if Dontnod release a sequel then I will be there to once again delve into the depths and murky waters of time travel.

Just give me some time.
    Last edited by julietxjules; 16th Sep 2016 at 15:18.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaSukajan View Post
    First game for me where a person died.

I managed to keep everyone alive in games such as Heavy Rain and Until Dawn, so this is a first for me where anyone has died if I had the choice to prevent it from happening. I was shocked to discover I got no rewind time when Kate decided to jump. I was one step away from pulling her in but failed with the Christian references. I have no clue about the references in the bible so had to gamble. Obviously made the incorrect choice. Perhaps I should have googled the quotes before making a decision!

I feel you, it was exactly the same for me. I later found out that the wrong quote we chose was crossed out in the Bible in Kate´s room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12