Thread: HAHAHAHAHA check this out! Gotta love glitches!

HAHAHAHAHA check this out! Gotta love glitches!

Lara has always been a strong confident woman who has appealed to both men and women. She isn't a girlie girl, terrified of breaking a nail but she remains feminine. She has been perceived as a sex symbol, no doubt by both genders but that's where any sexuality should cease.

Why must political correctness encroach upon everything. Exploring the gay experience and tackling issues of equality are something we hear on the news, in papers, on the net, in parliamentary debate...everywhere in fact, there's a relentless clamouring for more rights, for more equality. It does seem in some Orwellian way that some minority groups want to be 'more equal than others', I personally have encountered gay people of both genders who actively promote being gay as a preferable to hetero and treat straight people with the same disdain, abuse and discrimination as they were once treated to. Personally I think equality should be just that, fair treatment for everyone.

Having said that, since this issue is constantly being debated everywhere why does it need to become an integral element of TR? There has never been any indication that Lara is gay, and as has been noted elsewhere in this thread there is a reference to Sam and Lara going out to meet guys, so I'm persuaded that she is straight. I don't really care either way, it's a case of don't really need to know what her sexual bias is, if I want romance I'll watch a movie if I want adventure and puzzle solving i'll play TR. If the gay community want LGBT gaming characters then fine create a new game, new characters, new scenarios but leave Lara alone. Let her sexuality remain a mystery, then anyone who fantasises about her can assign their own bias to her.

If there is a decision to reveal Lara is a lesbian, it may well appeal to the politically correct and many men, who will find it a maximum turn on, but it will alienate alot of game players who have always admired Lara, not simply because many people are still uncomfortable with gayness but because it would be adding an element to the the games which frankly does not need to be there.

I do not understand why anyone has perceived Lara's friendship with Sam as anything more than just that, sure she moves heaven and earth to save Sam but she also attempts to save everyone else too. Certainly she shows affection towards Sam, women are more inclined towards freely expressing emotion to their friends (hugging, hand holding etc) but to see this as indicative of anything more is flimsy and frankly the speculation is sexist, if a male character was hell bent on saving his best mate from a gruesome death no one would wonder whether he was gay or not.

TR is an established franchise and shouldn't be meddled with for the sake of pc point scoring. At the end of the day these games are about escapism, let the political debates rage elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by teebunni77 View Post
    Lara has always been a strong confident woman who has appealed to both men and women. She isn't a girlie girl, terrified of breaking a nail but she remains feminine. She has been perceived as a sex symbol, no doubt by both genders but that's where any sexuality should cease.

Why must political correctness encroach upon everything. Exploring the gay experience and tackling issues of equality are something we hear on the news, in papers, on the net, in parliamentary debate...everywhere in fact, there's a relentless clamouring for more rights, for more equality. It does seem in some Orwellian way that some minority groups want to be 'more equal than others', I personally have encountered gay people of both genders who actively promote being gay as a preferable to hetero and treat straight people with the same disdain, abuse and discrimination as they were once treated to. Personally I think equality should be just that, fair treatment for everyone.

Having said that, since this issue is constantly being debated everywhere why does it need to become an integral element of TR? There has never been any indication that Lara is gay, and as has been noted elsewhere in this thread there is a reference to Sam and Lara going out to meet guys, so I'm persuaded that she is straight. I don't really care either way, it's a case of don't really need to know what her sexual bias is, if I want romance I'll watch a movie if I want adventure and puzzle solving i'll play TR. If the gay community want LGBT gaming characters then fine create a new game, new characters, new scenarios but leave Lara alone. Let her sexuality remain a mystery, then anyone who fantasises about her can assign their own bias to her.

If there is a decision to reveal Lara is a lesbian, it may well appeal to the politically correct and many men, who will find it a maximum turn on, but it will alienate alot of game players who have always admired Lara, not simply because many people are still uncomfortable with gayness but because it would be adding an element to the the games which frankly does not need to be there.

I do not understand why anyone has perceived Lara's friendship with Sam as anything more than just that, sure she moves heaven and earth to save Sam but she also attempts to save everyone else too. Certainly she shows affection towards Sam, women are more inclined towards freely expressing emotion to their friends (hugging, hand holding etc) but to see this as indicative of anything more is flimsy and frankly the speculation is sexist, if a male character was hell bent on saving his best mate from a gruesome death no one would wonder whether he was gay or not.

TR is an established franchise and shouldn't be meddled with for the sake of pc point scoring. At the end of the day these games are about escapism, let the political debates rage elsewhere.
    Agree.