Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: One day... (Will the series go on?)

One day... (Will the series go on?)

chrono cross is better on story and damn... that carribean theme is so breath taking with yatsonori's music....

chrono trigger is better in character development*

but i doubt this would happen. I think square knows that this is one of their best series. Making another chrono game would be hopeless as I remember they said that getting back the chrono team(the makers, developers) is impossible.
    To get the team back shouldn't be that great of a concern. it should be to find a way to legally remake the same game. and if it takes a new generation of designers then that parts easy.

It's been a few years since square shut down the crono ressurection game that was in the development but I'm still holdoing my breath waiting for them to make the right dession.

Originally Posted by Soapstone
    i would have to agree with you, i am personally angry and irate, that SE didnt remake all their psx generation games properly! games like FF7-9, vagrant story, and chrono cross needed it badly, i dunno if you have tried, but playing a psx game on a ps3 on a hdtv, doesnt look so HOT! the smothing ends up bluring a lot of what you see, and the psx graphics are horrendous! i dont know why SE started releasing all their games as PSX originals, and stopped remaking em as the had started with FFT, FF1, FF2, FF4, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Star Ocean 1 and 2, and the recent FF3 which pisses me off about it being a PSN dload only!

the thing about chrono cross is that there is a TON of backstory that isnt told and a ton that is still left unexplained, the 49 joinable party members dont really have any point in being with you, only a few of em have back story and even then it is limited, it seems most of the back story is scentered around general viper and his commanders, along with the masamune being mixed in with their storyline. some of the characters i would have loved to get more back story on or have had thegame give them actual game time where you leanr more about them as a character, i have found that havign different characters in your party for certain scens doesnt really affect anything, they all say the exact same thing, just a little differently due to their personality and way of speaking!

the game still holds up to being as beautiful now in the cg sequences as it was when it was first released, but the actual 3d models for the monsters and characters, really need to be given an HD upgrade, as well as the battle scenes! also i would have loved to have a way to keep track of the endings you find. and more info given on the worlds and how they work, and more back story period!

i think SE should release a collection like they did with FF4 for the psp which includes Chrono Trigger, the revamped remake version of Chrono Chross, and the never locally released, Radical Dreamers visual novel. i would personally have loved to see a cg sequence for the concert that nikki and miki put on to wake the black dragon, and pull out the in game sequence that was used.
    Agreed on every level.

Maybe we are barking up the wrong tree... maybe square is no the right place to be asking. Maybe Monolith is who we should have this posted for.

I would love a new Chrono game as well. I bought it for the SNES so long ago and have bought every other version of the game since in support for this great game. I like how SE keeps making sequels of FF XIII, but can't find the time to do a new Chrono game which hasn't been done since the PS2. Oh well.

I'd also love to see Breath of Fire come back from Capcom and Suikoden come back from Konami.

Originally Posted by Daigr

Originally Posted by imported_Alex

This is not likely to happen for one single reason. Most of the artists that created this pieces of Art are not working for S-E anymore. They are with Monolith Software, which is currently under Nintendo.

This applies especially for Xenogears as well. Again, this is unlikely to happen but not impossible.*

Well then Square and Monolith with Nintendo could team up to make the next Chrono game on the Wii-U exclusive.* Bring in Mistwalker and also

Mitsuda to work on* the soundtrack. *

It'll happen.

as long as it's on 3DS as well

Oh my god. I really miss this game. I love the story of chrono cross. I played this game when i was 8, then played it again years later to understand the story. It's such an amazing game and i think many people missed it. I think square enix could have a great shot with it (remake, CC2, etc). I hope square enix stops bothering so much on graphics, and starts focusing on a good story.

I think we have to ask ourselves why they would make a new Chrono game.
    I don't really think they have any reason to. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were great games and they are still making money off of those games today, but until Square can fix Final Fantasy I don't think they should attempt another Chrono game. Why would they doom a franchise like that? However if the FF games get fixed then you might see serious talk of another Chrono game. But as it is, there isn't a reason to make another. There is no cliffhanger or any hint at making a new game at the end.
    Really, as much as I would like to think I would love it, I can't be sure that I really would enjoy playing a new Chrono game if it was anything like the newer games Square has made as of late.*

A. For sure 1 was great.

Remake SE

They should make a new one for next gen systems (PS vita and PS4)

Originally Posted by afonso
    we hope not...
    =/*
    SE does have promblems whit their economy... they would sell millions of copys if they made it for PS vita and PS4

I want the series to go on with a sequel to chrono trigger. Chrono Cross doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, that abortion of a game shouldn't exist. The whole devourer of time concept with schala really irked me, give me a proper game of Magus finding her, another planet fighting off another one of the lavoids in a new setting, and the war with porre. I mean the idea that guardia goes down from Porre? Really? Why didn't crono just luminaire the whole lot of them while Lucca hits the survivors with Flare? The battle would be over in about 5 minutes!

This whole thing really bugs me, Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time, when I learned of a sequel I was ecstatic, then after actually playing Chrono Cross I was disgusted. Buying new weapons (needing materials) was confusing, I never managed to figure it out, too many characters that weren't fleshed out, really awkward battle system that I did not care for, and the combat just lacked depth compared to it's predecessor. The music wasn't as good as CT and I didn't care for the visuals either. I have an unadulterated disdain for Cross, I feel like it killed the series.

Originally Posted by Khalith
    I want the series to go on with a sequel to chrono trigger. Chrono Cross doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, that abortion of a game shouldn't exist. The whole devourer of time concept with schala really irked me, give me a proper game of Magus finding her, another planet fighting off another one of the lavoids in a new setting, and the war with porre. I mean the idea that guardia goes down from Porre? Really? Why didn't crono just luminaire the whole lot of them while Lucca hits the survivors with Flare? The battle would be over in about 5 minutes!

This whole thing really bugs me, Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time, when I learned of a sequel I was ecstatic, then after actually playing Chrono Cross I was disgusted. Buying new weapons (needing materials) was confusing, I never managed to figure it out, too many characters that weren't fleshed out, really awkward battle system that I did not care for, and the combat just lacked depth compared to it's predecessor. The music wasn't as good as CT and I didn't care for the visuals either. I have an unadulterated disdain for Cross, I feel like it killed the series.
    Given the bad direction Square Enix is heading, I don't have enough faith in them anymore to regain their past dedication to making good games
    All they care about now is making low budget garbage

I just needed so much a sequel from Chrono Cross, does anyone else agree?

I know it might sound mean but if you show a demand for this game, it's possible m, highly, for this game to be created. You have to show the company and creator that you want it and you will purchase it. It's still a business and one of he most expensive when creating. You should find out how long it takes to create the graphics but I bet you know it already. Petition worldwide and this will happen and even give ideas cause this is a classic and it must be shown the proper respect for it's release. It's hasn't been out in 18 years. A lot of people aren't familiar with it. It must be reintroduced properly

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234