Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Migration Details

Forum Migration Details

Dear community,

Eidos Forums (EF) will be migrating to Square Enix Forums (SEF) on Wednesday November 19th, 2014.

The following EF data will be carried over to SEF:

- All forums
    - All threads
    - All posts
    - User accounts*
    - Post counts*
    - (custom) user titles (Gamer, Protagonist, etc)*
    - Private messages*

*Of members with Gamer status and up.

Because of the migration process, both EF and SEF will be down for maintenance on the 19th, starting at 10am GMT. Click here to convert to your local time. We will work on getting the imported forums up and running on SEF, section by section. This migration process we expect to be finished within 24 hours.

To regain ownership of their EF posts, post count, user title and private messages on on SEF, we need members (Gamer status and up) to first create a new forum account on SEF. Click here to register if you haven't already. If you already have a Square Enix Members account, you don't need to register again - just log into your account on this page and click on "forums".

After the migration process is finished, members then only need to make a quick post in a dedicated thread (we will provide a link later) to have their EF data synched with their new SEF account.

The synching process will be phased - first members with Protagonist and Hero status will be synched, then members with Gamer status and 600+ posts, then Gamer and 300+ posts, then Gamer and 100+ posts, and finally, the remaining members with Gamer status.

Note that the synching process will be done manually by our forum staff, so please bare with us as it will take a while. Likely several months, as we have a big user base. However, everyone will already be able to post on the new forums in the meantime using their new SEF accounts.

While we plan to carry over Private Message data, we recommend that all members back up their PMs to their computer before the migration starts, by using the export tools near the bottom of this page.

If you have any questions that aren't already covered in this post, feel free to ask them in this thread.

Regards,

The Forum Staff.

Exciting times!

signature image

Haha, I really don't know what happened to "Viktoria". I am pretty sure I registered it way back in the day but its been so long now I can't remember for sure.
    Currently my nickname is showing as "Lady of the Vine". Oh well, guess that's my new name from now on.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quite apart from my issues with SE (Not really the place, so don't ask! ), I'm not getting on with their sign up procedure at all. Apart from demanding information it doesn't need, it won't let me use my passwords (Which are nonsense words of meaning only to me!).

This may be goodbye, for now. Well, after the move, at least! I'll miss you all, but it's a pain in the neck I don't need.

You guys know where to find me if you ever want to
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    I'm not getting on with their sign up procedure at all. Apart from demanding information it doesn't need, it won't let me use my passwords (Which are nonsense words of meaning only to me!).

This may be goodbye, for now. Well, after the move, at least! I'll miss you all, but it's a pain in the neck I don't need.

You guys know where to find me if you ever want to
    Oh weird, I've experienced the same problem with the password system.

I will say that I'll miss this old board just for the different themes and colour alone. The SE board appears pretty generic. It lacks "heart and soul" imo. I do hope the awesome board techies can work some magic there.

Awww, sad to see you go, EK.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    I will say that I'll miss this old board just for the different themes and colour alone. The SE board appears pretty generic. It lacks "heart and soul" imo. I do hope the awesome board techies can work some magic there.
    The standard SE skin is very dull, I agree, however a little birdy has informed me that there will be new skins in due time
    signature image

Oooh. A HUGE sigh of relief from me then!!!
    I feel gooooooooood.
    signature image

Oooh, Nice! (about time )

Pity I'll have to put up with dashes either side of my name. @Abe, I can't be Roo anymore .

@EK, shame you're having password problems and won't be able to stay on. Perhaps you'll manage to re join later?

EK: The registration page at SEF has no password issues that I'm aware of, it just has more strict rules on password complexity than we do here at EF, for safety reasons.

If you follow the rules for nicknames and passwords below then you should be able to get through the registration process just fine. If not, let me know the exact problem and I'll communicate it with the IT department to see what can be done.

password

• length: 6-32 characters
    • must not match the user part of the email
    • must not consist of all letter, all numbers or all symbols
    • may contain letters, numbers and the following characters: !"(#$%&')=~|`{+*}<>?-^@[;:],./
    • must not have any character 3 or more times in a row (e.g. "passsword"¯)

nickname

• length: 6-20 characters
    • allowed characters: letters, digits, dash and underscore (a-Z, 0-9, - and _)

If it's however merely a case of "I can't be bothered", then I'm sorry to hear we'll lose you over that, and hope you'll reconsider. I myself would hate to see a valued member such as yourself go over something that can be easily solved!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Pity I'll have to put up with dashes either side of my name. @Abe, I can't be Roo anymore .
    Aww, nevermind, I've also had to massacre my name, I've now got underscores in it
    signature image

Same here.
    signature image

There better be black and gold.

It's more like 'the final straw' than 'can't be bothered'. Like I say, I'm not keen on SE as a company, and I wouldn't normally sign up to anything that demands that amount of personal information, anyway. I've been debating for a while whether to make the migration or not, which has nothing to do with the sign up process, which I only looked at today.

Part of it is that I don't really feel I contribute much to this forum any more (Someone else can keep track of the solvers on Who Am I, I'm sure! ). More of it is to do with the contempt with which SE treat PC gamers.

But, like I said, this is not the thread for slating SE

Obviously I wish you all well, and hope you settle happily into your new online home
    signature image

Indeed, not the thread, heh.

Well I respect your decision. But I'll still hope you'll reconsider at one point in time at least

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Obviously I wish you all well, and hope you settle happily into your new online home
    All the best, EK.

__

I am having problems logging into my original "Viktoria" account. I figure its because I probably used an older (now redundant?) email. I registered a long time ago now.

Can admin please remind me what email address is registered for "Viktoria"? Then I can attempt the recover password procedure again.
    Cheers.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    All the best, EK.

__

I am having problems logging into my original "Viktoria" account. I figure its because I probably used an older (now redundant?) email. I registered a long time ago now.

Can admin please remind me what email address is registered for "Viktoria"? Then I can attempt the recover password procedure again.
    Cheers.
    I'm having the same problem, although I can't remember ever making an account there.
    However, why would anyone take this lame nick of mine, can't imagine... so it was probably me. But, like you, I have no idea which email address I used for setting it up either.
    signature image

I guess I'll be gone as well and become more of a lurker on the new forum

So many good memories with this forum, although it's not what it used to be.

Good luck with migration!

@Chris: yeah, great times indeed. Remember those silly forum games we used to play?
    Well, bye. Maybe I'll see some of you on TRF.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    What on earth? Why was post edited?
    No idea. Mine too.
    signature image

I took out parts that contained incorrect information. I'll clarify soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    @Chris: yeah, great times indeed. Remember those silly forum games we used to play?
    Well, bye. Maybe I'll see some of you on TRF.
    Exactly!
    The screenshot competition was a blast!

As for TRF, I find it difficult to follow the forum. There's so much "spamming" going on. No offence

I know right, the screenshot comp was so much fun.
    Hahaha, none taken!

@Driber: ok, thanks!
    signature image

I clearly remember that these competitions were the reason I joined the forum in the first place because I had soooo many TR screenshots and I really wanted to share them with someone
    Do you guys still have that on TRF?

Are you reserving user names from here for the migration? I wasn't able to register using "Telliamed"

Quote Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
    Are you reserving user names from here for the migration? I wasn't able to register using "Telliamed"
    The IT department tried to reserve names, but it wasn't possible I'm afraid. Our user base here at EF is huge.

Try to sign up on SEF with an adjustment to your name, but recognizable enough so that we can find you

For example you could add dashes - or underscores _

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast