Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Forum Migration Details

Any chance you can answer my question?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    The IT department tried to reserve names, but it wasn't possible I'm afraid. Our user base here at EF is huge.
    So what taffer is going around pretending to be me?

I just registered as "Darkloader" since that is ostensibly the only reason anyone would try to find me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
    So what taffer is going around pretending to be me?
    Haha... its an unnerving thought, isn't it?!
    signature image

In due time can we have these skins 'ported' to the new forums? I had a quick look and the interface seems... different. Just a matter of getting used to, though, I'm sure.

Indeed, not the thread, heh.

Well I respect your decision. But I'll still hope you'll reconsider at one point in time at least
    Well, I certainly won't say never. I'll miss you guys & gals a lot

& thanks Vik
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    & thanks Vik
    You're welcome.
    signature image

Regarding skins - we'll have some that will make some of you feel right at home on the new forums

@EK: Good to hear!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Any response to my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    I am having problems logging into my original "Viktoria" account. I figure its because I probably used an older (now redundant?) email. I registered a long time ago now.

Can admin please remind me what email address is registered for "Viktoria"? Then I can attempt the recover password procedure again.
    Cheers.
    signature image

ok, i did register on SE. lets see if it still works.
    lets bring it on.
    signature image

Alright, some bugger over there already has the name "WinterSoldier" taken. Is he or she going to get all my post counts, mails and whatnot?
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Same as WinterSoldier - My Eidos user name is not available at SEF, so what should I do? Register under a different name and then when I post in the designated thread, tell you what my EF user name was? Or am I just out of luck?

This is a confusing situation for us all.
    We have been told to expect clarification soon.
    signature image

As mentioned earlier, if your username is already taken, try to sign up with something as close to your username here as possible, guys. For example, add a dash or an underscore. And no, other users will definitely NOT get ownership of your posts. We've got measures in place to prevent that from happening, don't worry

Regarding password recovery issue - shot IT an email hours ago, but methinks they don't typically work during the night.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Alright. Do we need to send a mail to someone saying "Hey, over there I was known as this, but now I'm known as this"?
    signature image

Ssssh! All the spammers and hackers will be trying this now.
    signature image

More info on that on the 19th/20th, WS

Ok, thanks.

Just one more question and I swear I'm done for the day. Are they going to implement an "upload from computer" option for profile pics (I don't like the idea of being stuck with their choices of avatars.), and are they going to use sigs? It probably seems silly, but my profile pic & sig are very much me, if that makes any sense.
    signature image

Absolutely!

Custom avatars and signatures are fully supported on the new forums

Absolutely!

Custom avatars and signatures are fully supported on the new forums
    Aha! (ble-doo!) I see it now. For others with the same question wondering why avatar and sig customization wasn't happening, here from the F.A.Q:

"New Player entering the game.

Every newly registered user becomes a New Player after his second post.

You can now write Private Messages and your PM box can hold 50 messages. You may also upload a custom avatar, create a forum signature and use signature images."
    signature image

Yeah, I've set up the same user promotion system on the new forums as we have here on Eidos Forums

http://forums.eidosgames.com/faq.php#faq_usergr

(Well, slightly better on the new forums, actually )

Ok, I was able to register as Yandros_ and complete the process. Guess I'll check back here later for further instructions on where to post over there when it's time.

I'm unable to register because I always get a bad password error no matter what I provide for it (it acts as if it's trying to verify against an existing password, which of course doesn't exist yet). Is this part of the password recovery problem? So it should begin working at some point?
    No, it's not related.

Can you please verify if your password follows these rules?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...07&postcount=9

Edit: nvm, I see you got it working now

I just made a couple of posts on the SE forum and in the Rosetta space probe thread I created I used quote tags; but they don't appear to show up when you publish the post.
    Is this a glitch with me, or the site?

EDIT
    Oh, I see my Rosetta thread was merged into a general welcome thread. Seems an odd thing to do. Anyone know why this was done?
    I looked around for a general discussion board like we have here and no luck. Did I miss somewhere?
    signature image

Probably should have given people more than 6 days notice on this. And an email notification would have been smart too.
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

Quote Originally Posted by brethren View Post
    Probably should have given people more than 6 days notice on this. And an email notification would have been smart too.
    There was a thread announcement that this was going to happen for, like, a year now. This is just the announcement that it's finally happening. And you expect them to email every active user? For reals?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast