Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Awareness

Gay Awareness

Mod edit: This is now a general discussion thread for LGBT topics. Feel free to discuss anything here regarding LGBT related issues, but remember to keep things civil and remember to practice tolerance towards people who hold views different than your own

-------------
    Original thread OP:

This isn't at all related to Tomb Raider (it could be), but I wanted everyone to know about this and how horribly cruel some people can be, especially this specific group in Russia.

This group operates all across Russia. They trick gay, or people who look gay, into fake dates. After, they humiliate them and make them do horrible things sometimes even beaten. I think this needs to be spread, and I think everyone should know about how horrible this group is.

Everybody needs to know that this is real. And very wrong:

[video removed]

Being a hard-core LGBT supporter, this really took an effect on me, and I feel and care for everyone who has problems out there with their sexuality, who are confused, who are wanting to end their own life's because they're done with being poked and humiliated, just because they don't like women/men, and prefer the same sex. Some people are so disgusting...

Thank you for taking a notice. Spread the word, let's try and get it out there and make a change!

THANK YOU, to whoever fixed the "awareness" spelling mistake on the title of the thread.

signature image
    Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home.

Yee. All of this started to bother me today. Like as in anger me tbh.

As random as this is.

They're lucky I wasn't one of their victims.

I hate to be the buzz kill here, but I guess it's gotta be said. You can treat a cold, a flu, fever, tumors, and a host of viral infections. There may one day be a cure for cancer. But there is no cure for ignorance or intolerance.
    signature image

Wat. There is a cure for ignorance, it's learning. And the cure for intolerance is exposure.

The cure for all dat is... having the will to change your mindset, and stop being stubborn. Sometimes we have to accept that we're wrong, and have done wrong, it's like this huge ego thing, but ya gotta give iinnnnn.

Everything is possible for a possible.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    Wat. There is a cure for ignorance, it's learning. And the cure for intolerance is exposure.

The cure for all dat is... having the will to change your mindset, and stop being stubborn. Sometimes we have to accept that we're wrong, and have done wrong, it's like this huge ego thing, but ya gotta give iinnnnn.

Just because the cure is there does not necessarily mean it is an automatic antidote, like digesting a pill. The body is a series of biochemical responses, but the mind, as a construct of individual experience and perception is much much harder to "cure".

It's just human nature. As the old expression goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink". If someone has made up their mind, they can't be given a treatment they don't believe they need in the first place. And throwing all the books at them won't matter if they don't accept the information contained therein.
    signature image

the only treatment they need is called "respect". injecting them with that is not a an easy task.
    signature image

So, the gay version of the KKK? The GGG?
    signature image

Some people are going to hate gays or any other kind of group that's not like them forever, but overall the majority of the population can be made to stop the hate by way of prosperity.

Once a country is prosperous they start to drop their old ways of ignorance and hate and xenophobia and embrace the ideals of personal freedom and tolerance. And then they start abolishing laws against gays, abortion and marijuana and such.

I can't believe I am saying this but yeah, but money is the solution

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post

SLAYYY

I've already seen some articles and reports about all that. It's horrible! And government isn't even doing something against it...

Do you think it is everywhere like that? TV always makes it look like this is spread over the entire country, especially in huge cities. Yet I kinda don't believe these "gangs" have that many followers... or at least I don't want to.
    Because I have got the chance to visit Moscow this summer for some weeks and I would love to see that city but because of all those videos I'm really *** terrified to actually go there... I don't want this to be a one way ticket.

Can someone tell me something positive? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie92 View Post
    Uruguay legalized gay marriage 2 months ago. As well as pot and abortion:

It kinda surprised me: when I think of South America I think of a lot of devoted catholics.

Lawl that guy..

I saw Hunted on channel 4 last night for the first time after a friend told me how she couldn't watch it without feeling sick. Being gay myself I couldn't watch it and got so angry and stopped watching 5 minutes later. I just wish people were more aware of what is going on in the world
    signature image
    "The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are"

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    So, the gay version of the KKK? The GGG?
    It really isn't funny. This is a serious thread, no more jokes please.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    It kinda surprised me: when I think of South America I think of a lot of devoted catholics.
    There's a bunch of those here, but like look Bogota ( Colombia) Civil Unions with same sex couples are legal but like, to prove it's lov you have to be with tat person at least 2 years.

Uruguay legalized gay marriage 2 months ago. As well as pot and abortion:

Canada's had all that for a few years already. The legal abortion for much much longer.

Though there's a misconception about legal medicinal marijuana. For a medicinal treatment it's taken through injection (in a dissolved solution as far as I know) not smoked. So it's not "legal pot" in the sense most people think
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie92 View Post
    I've already seen some articles and reports about all that. It's horrible! And government isn't even doing something against it...

Do you think it is everywhere like that? TV always makes it look like this is spread over the entire country, especially in huge cities. Yet I kinda don't believe these "gangs" have that many followers... or at least I don't want to.
    Because I have got the chance to visit Moscow this summer for some weeks and I would love to see that city but because of all those videos I'm really *** terrified to actually go there... I don't want this to be a one way ticket.

The only reason it's THAT bad in Russia is because it's tolerated. The Governor of Russia, Vladmir Putin, says that you can be banned, deported and fined for supporting LGBT laws, or expressing your thoughts/statements on the subject.

In my hometown, it's not bad here. There may be some people who are homophobic, but, it's really nice here and I have many gay friends.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Woogiemush View Post
    The only reason it's THAT bad in Russia is because it's tolerated. The Governor of Russia, Vladmir Putin
    I can't believe people are still that retarded... and no improvement in sight?

I dont have anything against gay people but I want the family unit to remain as it is.

I'm extremely conservative admittedly.

Those barbarian acts should of course be condemned.

I think of marriage as completely archaic but it gives people certain rights: like for example: when someone is in the hospital a married partner can visit them outside regular visit hours, but when the partner is of the same sex and can't be married they cannot visit them.
    It's for reasons like that that same sex marriage should be allowed, or at least be given the same rights - there are some countries who give same sex couples the same rights as married couples, without having to use the word marriage.

there are some countries who give same sex couples the same rights as married couples, without having to use the word marriage.
    Yet what is the point of not allowing marriage then, I'm wondering...

Anyway, Russia has much bigger problems regarding all that which need to be dealt with first. Yet as long as the same retards stay in charge there, I doubt something will change in near future... :/
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

I think of marriage as completely archaic but it gives people certain rights: like for example: when someone is in the hospital a married partner can visit them outside regular visit hours, but when the partner is of the same sex and can't be married they cannot visit them.
    It's for reasons like that that same sex marriage should be allowed, or at least be given the same rights - there are some countries who give same sex couples the same rights as married couples, without having to use the word marriage.
    Can't remember the name for it. Damnit.

Barbarian acts? :|

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
    Yet what is the point of not allowing marriage then, I'm wondering...
    Then it will be easier to shallow for the people who think marriage as a god given institution and such things, when it's de jure forbidden but de facto allowed.

Just like in Iran prostitution is officially forbidden, but you can get a 'temporary marriage' - temporary as in: 5 minutes or so

Canada's answer to anti-gay propaganda:

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast