Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 576 to 599 of 599

Thread: Gay Awareness

  1. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post




    Finally got around to watching these. I think MM made a good point about how ridiculous this constant rebooting is. And how this "news announcement" could very well be due to the upcoming movie, trying to get queer butts in cinema seats. And if that's the case, I'd definitely feel pandered to as a queer person.

    Especially the third video made some really great points about why this is indeed pandering to identity politics. Now that I've seen the quote of the writer where he said that "leaving paradise to be with a man would diminish WW's character" (paraphrasing) there is definitely a good case to be made here that we're dealing with ideological pandering from a feminist perspective. There's no way he would have said the same thing if it was another woman who would be the reason for WW leaving paradise. If that were the case, I'm sure the writer would have no problem with it and wouldn't write BS about "diminishing her character" because that of course fits in neatly with the cult of diversity.

    Curious to hear your thoughts, Adobe. As someone who is obviously (oh nos, I said it again. heh) a big proponent of romancing in gaming and comics, do you buy this stuff about "leaving paradise to be with a man diminishes WW's character"?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Finally got around to watching these. I think MM made a good point about how ridiculous this constant rebooting is. And how this "news announcement" could very well be due to the upcoming movie, trying to get queer butts in cinema seats.
    Could be. Marketing often knows no limits to its senselessness.

    Especially the third video made some really great points about why this is indeed pandering to identity politics. Now that I've seen the quote of the writer where he said that "leaving paradise to be with a man would diminish WW's character" (paraphrasing) there is definitely a good case to be made here that we're dealing with ideological pandering. There's no way he would have said the same thing if it was another woman who would be the reason for WW leaving paradise.
    See, I'm a bit on the fence with this particular quote. Alleged reworking of sexual preference aside, on one hand I think it's a case of "well, yeah, neither would Lara". She'd drop a guy cold if he had a problem with her globetrotting and this case there was some action to partake in. On the other, from what I read, she loved him - being part of the motivation for her going with him. This would dismiss love as a fleeting, pointless endeavour. I flatly disagree with that.

    As someone who is obviously (oh nos, I said it again. heh) a big proponent of...
    signature image

  3. #578
    While I won't take the time to delve into every single one of the replies uttered here, I will say this...

    I agree that the writer saying "leaving paradise to be with a man would diminish WW's character" when she's never shown such inclinations before does scream "feminist/social justice pandering." WW has always, I repeat, always been interested in men, she's fresh off being romantically-involved with Superman FFS. OTOH, I don't recall her ever being with a woman in the comics, and if it did happen, it was waaaaaaaay further back than I even care to remember.

    And now they want to sell us her being predominantly or even exclusively into chicks all of a sudden (because he keeps implying it with the way he phrases every single one of these comments)? Good luck with that.

    Again, different story with Catwoman: her, should I say, "double life" has been teased for years before they confirmed her sexuality. It's not erasing any kind of history with the character, either, and might I add, fairly important and cherished history.

  4. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    [..] fairly important and cherished herstory.
    Fixed your misogynistic hetero-normative microaggression

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

    Funny you mentioned the theory vs hypothesis conflation, because here you are doing the same thing creationists do - start with the conclusion, then look for evidence to fit the narrative.
    I can sort of get how you'd see it that way. But let's really look at this. I'm not the one who campaigned to make WW lesbian/bi and then formulated an outline how to make it possible, sending this to the staff to "make it happen." This isn't like the "GiveCapaBoyfriend" hashtag that was circulating not long ago.

    I was just taking what is now actually established from the source, and contemplating a way to consolidate the past with present, to better make sense of the extended timeline. Basically just connecting the dots, or bridging the gap of old and new details as it were. Was it speculative and theoretical on my end? Sure, but again it's all framed from the official material, where I proposed a perspective to fill in the gaps.

    In no way began with the conclusion, that was Rucka's... I merely worked out a hypothesis to clarify the new conclusion provided by another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

    Curious to hear your thoughts, Adobe. As someone who is obviously (oh nos, I said it again. heh) a big proponent of romancing in gaming and comics, do you buy this stuff about "leaving paradise to be with a man diminishes WW's character"?
    I do agree, IF Wonder Woman's sole motivation to leave was to pursue a romantic interest, be that man or woman, it would undermine her character. Not saying she wouldn't welcome a passionate relationship into her life, this isn't going the "Must avoid entanglements to stay strong & independent" road. But it wouldn't be a primary factor into her decisions, certainly not for one as impactful to her life as leaving her home.

    Thing is, a potential relationship or any feelings toward Steve Trevor is NOT the reason she left. And I've been reading the new Rebirth issues. It was a mission of mercy, to return these strangers home. An ambassadorial mission, to send an emissary to establish a new relationship with man's world after contact was made.

    To all the Amazons, this was seen as a service to Themyscira, and all wanted the honor of serving that role. And to underline how honorable this was, all were willing to go knowing that she who left Paradise would forfeit her immortality. Yet all were willing to make the sacrifice none the less, as all are willing to act in service to Themyscira (or even lay down their lives) including Diana.

    So this is why she left, and perfectly in keeping with the integrity of her character, the noble warrior willing to make the sacrifice.
    signature image

  6. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    I can sort of get how you'd see it that way. But let's really look at this. I'm not the one who campaigned to make WW lesbian/bi and then formulated an outline how to make it possible, sending this to the staff to "make it happen." This isn't like the "GiveCapaBoyfriend" hashtag that was circulating not long ago.

    I was just taking what is now actually established from the source, and contemplating a way to consolidate the past with present, to better make sense of the extended timeline. Basically just connecting the dots, or bridging the gap of old and new details as it were. Was it speculative and theoretical on my end? Sure, but again it's all framed from the official material, where I proposed a perspective to fill in the gaps.

    In no way began with the conclusion, that was Rucka's... I merely worked out a hypothesis to clarify the new conclusion provided by another.
    Except this completely falls flat when Wonder Woman has never been shown to be interested in or pursuing women in the comics (unlike Catwoman, as I explained earlier), quite the contrary. It all goes back to Driber's point of her "queerness" being literally shoehorned in.

    Plus, do you really think SJWs will stop there? No they won't, they're always trying to change straight, white, cisgendered game/movie/TV/comic/whatever characters to fit their agenda. Before long, they'll start demanding that Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, or any of the Green Lanterns to be retconned into gay characters as well (although Kyle Rayner is actually gay) even though Bruce Wayne picking up women and Clark Kent's relationship with Lois Lane (and later Wonder Woman, irony much?) are huge parts of their respective characters and have been for decades.

    As you may have heard, they also got a Batgirl variant cover pulled with their incessant whining. It just goes to show you that they're NEVER satisfied.

    Hell, I already posted a link a while back of SJWs crying over Stan Lee's decision NOT to change Peter Parker-a long established white, straight character-in the MCU-and basically to just leave it the way it is (what a novel concept!). In fact, he took it a step further and actually told them to make their own gay/bisexual/black/trans/whatever characters. I LOL'ed when I read this.

    Not to mention there already is a black Spider-Man, his name is Miles Morales.

    Then again, SJWs don't exactly have a great track record of injecting their own ideas into fiction, just ask Brianna Wu or the makers of this game. In that sense, I can see why they want to take other's well-established works and turn it into something "social justice-approved."

    I do agree, IF Wonder Woman's sole motivation to leave was to pursue a romantic interest, be that man or woman, it would undermine her character. Not saying she wouldn't welcome a passionate relationship into her life, this isn't going the "Must avoid entanglements to stay strong & independent" road. But it wouldn't be a primary factor into her decisions, certainly not for one as impactful to her life as leaving her home.

    Thing is, a potential relationship or any feelings toward Steve Trevor is NOT the reason she left. And I've been reading the new Rebirth issues. It was a mission of mercy, to return these strangers home. An ambassadorial mission, to send an emissary to establish a new relationship with man's world after contact was made.

    To all the Amazons, this was seen as a service to Themyscira, and all wanted the honor of serving that role. And to underline how honorable this was, all were willing to go knowing that she who left Paradise would forfeit her immortality. Yet all were willing to make the sacrifice none the less, as all are willing to act in service to Themyscira (or even lay down their lives) including Diana.

    So this is why she left, and perfectly in keeping with the integrity of her character, the noble warrior willing to make the sacrifice.
    But if she found a love interest (hell, multiple love interests) who, shocker, just happens to be male when she left for reason X, then doesn't that undermine Rucka's whole theory of "oh, she was born exclusively around women, so she must be into chicks?" By that warped logic (just for sake of argument), how can Diana connect with men on a sexual/emotional level if she was never conditioned to in the first place?

    And the whole "leaving paradise to be with a man" excuse just reeks of SJW pandering. In fact, dare I say it, it's worse than that: it's an excuse to rationalize the pandering. Her being born solely around women never stopped her from bonding with men in the 80+ years of her existence, why should it now?
    Last edited by KManX89; 15th Oct 2016 at 17:01.

  7. #582
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Except this completely falls flat when Wonder Woman has never been shown to be interested in or pursuing women in the comics (unlike Catwoman, as I explained earlier), quite the contrary. It all goes back to Driber's point of her "queerness" being literally shoehorned in.
    That's not entirely accurate. The very first issue shows bondage games which the creator was involved, and promoted as sexual experimentation. It's not a direct "they be doing the woohoo" but it is what it is.
    Now, it is interesting that she hasn't done anything notable since, but I expect that's because she fell wholly in love with Trevor and wanted to help him with the Axis conflict, and get a bit of a more worldly view in the process.
    Trevor has mostly been around in some form or another, right?

    As you may have heard, they also got a Batgirl variant cover pulled with their incessant whining. It just goes to show you that they're NEVER satisfied.
    That's disgraceful. It's the same thing that happened with the Jennifer Lawrence poster of XMen Apocalypse.

    Then again, SJWs don't exactly have a great track record of injecting their own ideas into fiction, just ask Brianna Wu or the makers of this game. In that sense, I can see why they want to take other's well-established works and turn it into something "social justice-approved."
    Holy mother of wtf balls. What an own-goal for that bunch of noodles. Reducing women to generic and uniform characters while attempting to leave men completely out of the picture. And slammed by a woman, no less. Thank you for sharing that, it was great.

    But if she found a love interest (hell, multiple love interests) who, shocker, just happens to be male when she left for reason X, then doesn't that undermine Rucka's whole theory of "oh, she was born exclusively around women, so she must be into chicks?" By that warped logic (just for sake of argument), how can Diana connect with men on a sexual/emotional level if she was never conditioned to in the first place?
    Woah back up friend - you say we are conditioned to love someone? I have to totally disagree with that.
    I understand that there is some level of gender, racial and other prejudices that come into play when choosing a mate. But the need to be conditioned to love someone?

    I agree with the former part though. It's almost like saying "I grew up with dogs and... well, y'know..."
    signature image

  8. #583
    This just in: David Menzies from Rebel Media is now reporting that Wonder Woman is a lesbian. Not bisexual, but straight up lesbian:



    Well, that didn't take long, now did it?

    Either David Menzies is falsely reporting and contributing to bi-erasure or DC just had her do a complete 180 and needlessly changed an established character who's pretty much always been (shown to be) totally straight in her entire 75 year existence, anyone with a shred of comic book knowledge knows this. Talk about treating us as if we were born yesterday.

    I "wonder" (no pun intended) if he'll still be saying that if and when WW starts hooking up with or showing affection for a male character in the reboot like we all know she's capable of doing. And why not? We've already had plenty of movies and TV shows do this.

    What next? Batman will be rebooted as gay (Bruce Wayne's billionaire playboy persona just went out the window all for the sake of PC pandering)? Superman is trans in an upcoming reboot? Enlighten me, DC!

    But as crazy as it sounds, DM could actually be telling the truth ironically enough. Greg Rucka never said specifically she was bisexual in any of the interviews on the subject IIRC (I can't find a single one where he outright said it). However, he did say "she's gay." Whether or not it was a misquote, to quote Milla Jovovich in The Fourth Kind, is yours to believe. Then again, his comment about "leaving paradise to be with a man" just adds to that being the case.

    For the moment, anyway.
    Last edited by KManX89; 30th Nov 2016 at 00:31.
    signature image

  9. #584
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,520
    So guys, remember that 144 page graphic novel being co published by IDW comics and DC "LOVE is LOVE" that I was telling you all about in Sep? Just a heads up that it will be out pretty soon, Dec 21. It'll be $10 and like I said, all proceeds going to Equality Florida to aid victims of the Orlando tragedy.

    Recap of the article: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/09/2...-tribute-comic

    The other reason I bring this up, is to let you know it may or may not be on the shelf of your local comic shop when you walk in. Here's the 411; while I was looking online to get an exact release date, could not find the info. So on my last visit to my particular shop, I asked the owner if he had any info on when it was supposed to come out. I learned two things when he finally located the book in his ordering directory;

    1. This graphic novel is actually being published under IDW Publishing, where DC is in partnership with them for shared use of characters, like Batwoman who takes the cover. An important detail to reference when asking the shop owner to look it up.

    2. At the time he hadn't ordered any copies of this.

    I can understand where he's coming from; where most titles such as Superman, Spiderman, Wonderwoman, Ironman, Spawn, Transformers (among others) have their very regular readership, a unique and niche one-off like this is hard to predict the potential sales. And given $10 is steep for a comic book that makes sales even harder to predict, it puts the vendor in a peculiar position for possibly having overstock. The proceeds go to charity, but maybe that's based on the profits while the shop owner still has to pay his wholesale rate?

    So I requested a copy that he then placed in an order. If you do plan to get this, it would be well advised to check with your local shop in advance and see if they're only ordering on a per-request basis.

    This is for a good cause so once again sharing the news and advising how to get it


    (click image to enlarge)
    signature image

  10. #585
    Get out your pitchforks, ladies and gentlemen. Other people's sexual/dating preferences are once again under attack (the very issue that started this thread). It's obviously LGBT-related, but really, this could apply to anyone of any gender or orientation. I wasn't going to say anything, but dammit to hell, I really feel that a certain "someone" has crossed the line in the sand now and I just had to put it out there.

    For those of you who are unaware, there's this "transgender" YouTuber (if you can call him/her/zir that) by the name of Riley J. Dennis. He's made a number of Tweets/videos that have caused quite a stir all over social media, but I believe there's two that really stand out. It should be worth noting that he hasn't made any kind of effort to actually transition (you'll see what I mean in just a second, hehehe) and yet, he's had the audacity to call other people "bigoted" and "discriminatory" for not wanting to date/sleep with a trans person.

    For a guy (because that's what he is) who's so convinced conversion therapy doesn't work, he sure AF has no problem preaching it himself because that's exactly what he does in at least two of his videos. Seriously, he literally says sexual preferences (he calls them "biases") can be unlearned on a whim:



    So gays can't choose who they're attracted to, yet a straight guy can learn to like dick if he tries hard enough?

    And still, it gets worse: he then flat out denies preaching conversion therapy/homophobia/lesbophobia in his follow-up video while once again calling people bigots for not wanting the non-corresponding genitals:



    No, Riley, that's exactly what you're doing. He even says "you can unlearn your own 'prejudices', it just takes time and conscious effort" @ 2:33 in the first video. That's literally conversion therapy, no different from the "pray away the gay" routine in camps.

    Although he is technically right about not appropriating rape culture only because there is none.
    Last edited by KManX89; 30th Mar 2017 at 02:24.
    signature image

  11. #586
    Ugh, Riley. Yeah I know that guy. Absolute piece of . He's really doing the queer community a big disservice by spouting this crap. And he's such a condescending arsehat to boot, super annoying.

    But man, the irony here is hilarious, isn't it. These queer people are now the new Christians, trying to dictate other people's sexuality

    Gotta love that beautiful like/dislike ratio, though!






    One of my fav youtubers made a perfect and hilarious response to Riley's bigoted crap with this collab video, which includes retorts of actual trans women debunking his nonsense:



    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    if you can call him/her/zir that
    Definitely not. Riley doesn't even come close to passing. Just an ugly dude in drag, really



    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    It should be worth noting that he hasn't made any kind of effort to actually transition (you'll see what I mean in just a second, hehehe) and yet, he's had the audacity to call other people "bigoted" and "discriminatory" for not wanting to date/sleep with a trans person.
    That's not really relevant, though. His argument falls apart by itself; his looks have nothing to do with it. It would still be the same crappy argument if he did indeed fully pass as a woman.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    For a guy (because that's what he is) who's so convinced conversion therapy doesn't work, he sure AF has no problem preaching it himself because that's exactly what he does in at least two of his videos. Seriously, he literally says sexual preferences (he calls them "biases") can be unlearned on a whim
    Yep, and that's pretty much the root problem with all these lunatic SJW's; they don't like how reality (in this case - biology) works so they try to delude people (and often, even themselves) into thinking reality is just a "social construct" and therefore can be changed by mere words if only you get enough people on board with your message. Well, propaganda would be a better term, actually. Just like pray the gay away as you mentioned, oh the irony.

    Changing biology is as impossible as changing the sky from blue to green. You'd think of all people, a queer person would know that

    Good grief, these SJW's are some of the most intolerant, selfish and fascistic people on the face of the planet. Instead of trying to solve their own personal demons; instead of working on improving their own self esteem issues, they expect the rest of the world to revolve around their sensibilities and change reality to neatly fit with their personal views on how the world should be.

    Sorry but how about.... NO. We hate to break it to you, Mr. precious snowflake, but attraction is not a social construct. It is biology. It is part of our human evolution. It is ingrained in our DNA. Fatness will never be considered attractive (except to a small minority of people who have a fetish for it) in our society and you will never be able to magically make people go against their natural feelings of who they are attracted to just by spouting your SJW ideological BS to them. It's simply a lost battle.

    Instead of trying to thought police everyone else, how about actually doing something yourself; try to diet and exercise to lose weight and make yourself attractive, like the rest of us who don't live in fantasy land have to do, if you so much crave for society's approval.

    Seriously, these people (who ironically try to portray themselves as the bastions of diversity and inclusiveness) couldn't be more antithetical to the idea of tolerance and live and let live if they tried

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    So gays can't choose who they're attracted to, yet a straight guy can learn to like dick if he tries hard enough?
    Crazy hypocrisy, isn't it. Once again, if it weren't for their double standards, SJW's would have no standards at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    lol @ "implicit biases". Kinda like "original sin" from the bible, huh

    What a tool.


    Also love how he just casually dismisses genuine concerns about the controversial trans bathroom bills as "right wing tactics". Oh yeah because these worries are totally made out of thin air. Men invading spaces where women and girls are getting undressed is totally just fear mongering and doesn't actually happen...

    *ahem*

    Seattle man, citing transgender bathrooms laws, was able to gain access to a women’s locker-room at a public recreational center while little girls were changing for swim practice

    Toronto man claiming to be transgender was arrested and sentenced to jail for sexually assaulting several women in a women’s shelter

    Virginia man was caught and arrested for peeping on and filming two women and a 5-year-old child in a women’s restroom after receiving entry by dressing in drag

    Los Angeles man dressed in drag, entered a Macy’s department store bathroom and videotaped women under bathroom stalls

    Two male students were caught at the University of Toronto exploiting “gender-neutral” facilities to peep on women in the shower with their cellphone cameras


    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Although he is technically right about not appropriating rape culture only because there is none.
    Rape culture is real. It's a culture of women falsely accusing men of rape and being systematically supported by society, the corporate world and the justice system.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  12. #587

    Smile

    Not sure if we even have a Tomb Raider Movie Discussion Area.
    Last edited by chrisdaventry; 1st Apr 2017 at 08:51.

  13. #588
    ^We actually do.

    And Driber, you mean straight dude who pretends he's apart of the queer community. Growing your hair out and putting eyeliner on doesn't make you a woman. I'm not being obtuse with the pronouns, either, I call Blaire White a she, I call Bailey Jay a she, I call Chloe Arden a she, etc., etc., but for him, I have absolutely no problem using male pronouns.

    But yeah, I was scrolling through the comments section of the two posted videos and alas, even gays and lesbians are calling this offensive and creepy, now that is rather telling.
    signature image

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,713
    My prejudices suit me just fine, thanks. I'm all for calling a guy-that-identifies-as-a-girl "she", but to suggest that I'm less of a person because I'd prefer a clambake over a concealed sausage party is beyond laughable.

    I don't know what I found more disturbing - the doublespeak and self aggrandising "logic", or the horrid screen-jerk for every damn sentence.
    signature image

  15. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdaventry View Post
    Not sure if we even have a Tomb Raider Movie Discussion Area.
    Good idea. We do now

    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=452

    Feel free to create new threads there on anything TR movie related.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    And Driber, you mean straight dude who pretends he's apart of the queer community. Growing your hair out and putting eyeliner on doesn't make you a woman. I'm not being obtuse with the pronouns, either, I call Blaire White a she, I call Bailey Jay a she, I call Chloe Arden a she, etc., etc., but for him, I have absolutely no problem using male pronouns.
    Well to be fair I haven't seen enough of Riley to say he's a fake queer or anything. I certainly do keep it as a possibility that he only pretends to be part of the queer community for ulterior motives, because god knows many disingenuous SJW's have already pulled that crap many times in the past, but I don't really know him well enough to make that call. But yeah, I'm not calling someone who just grows their hair out and puts some eyeliner on as you put it a "she". And especially not when the dude is going out of his way to insult others over their personal choices and preferences. At that point I'm like, you can fudge right off with your preferred pronouns, I will call you want I want to call you.

    Yeah I agree, Blaire White would be someone I have no problems calling a "she" whatsoever. Not only does she actually make the effort to transition and look the part, but also (and perhaps more important) she is respectful of others. And respect begets respect.

    Speaking of Blaire, she also made a response to another idiotic Riley video in which he was being a massive Islam apologist and trying to dismiss the obvious dangers that religion poses to queer people.



    Christ on a stick, social justice is such a cancer. These fools wouldn't last a day in one of those Muslim countries. People there will laugh in his face about his naive notions of "love and tolerance"

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    But yeah, I was scrolling through the comments section of the two posted videos and alas, even gays and lesbians are calling this offensive and creepy, now that is rather telling.
    The sad thing is that Riley is not alone with this. These crazy social justice ideas are being taught in American colleges all across the country.

    Have you heard of Steve Shives by any chance, KMan?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  16. #591
    ^This "she" you're talking about has flat out stated he refuses to transition and has no gender dysphoria, the very definition of transgender.

    But beyond that, he's done nothing to deserve an ounce of respect, so no, I will not refer to him as anything but a "he". He's not a woman in any way whatsoever and he's certainly not gay, bottom line.

    Seriously, nobody would ever mistake him for being a girl if they saw him on the street. It's only fitting that his "queer" girlfriend (Neonfiona) also happens to like men because, spoiler: he is one.

    This clip sums up every single one of his videos in <30 seconds:

    Last edited by KManX89; 16th Apr 2017 at 21:57.
    signature image

  17. #592
    Another bit of good news for the queer community - Germany has just voted to legalize gay marriage

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...-marriage.html


    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    ^This "she" you're talking about has flat out stated he refuses to transition and has no gender dysphoria, the very definition of transgender.

    But beyond that, he's done nothing to deserve an ounce of respect, so no, I will not refer to him as anything but a "he". He's not a woman in any way whatsoever and he's certainly not gay, bottom line.

    Seriously, nobody would ever mistake him for being a girl if they saw him on the street.
    From what I've heard Riley didn't actually say he refuses to transition but rather than he wasn't sure about it. And in his latest video he actually claims to have started transitioning; he has been on hormone treatment for the past year and he's soon going for plastic surgery.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSSeQsXfYFo

    Haven't watched that video myself because it's too long and from the clips I saw it seems to be full of Riley being his usual prickish passive-aggressive and intolerant self, I just cannot stand the dude, but I got to know about this info because Blaire has made a public apology for having called Riley a fake trans:



    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    It's only fitting that his "queer" girlfriend (Neonfiona) also happens to like men because, spoiler: he is one.
    Riley has a girlfriend? Oh my lord. I don't want to know what level of manipulation he pulled off to make that happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    This clip sums up every single one of his videos in <30 seconds:

    Heh, love that clip.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Another bit of good news for the queer community - Germany has just voted to legalize gay marriage

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...-marriage.html
    Awesome news. The comments on that article - not so awesome.

    I swear, Russia will legalise marriage before Australia does. So tired of the clout Christians have in parliament and the BS "studies" they use to demonise same-sex couples.
    signature image

  19. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Awesome news. The comments on that article - not so awesome.
    Didn't even bother to read any comments there. I mean c'mon, it's Fox audience Just used the link of one of the first articles that came up after a quick Google search when I heard the news. Did a quick scan of the article and it looked all neutral and factual

    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    I swear, Russia will legalise marriage before Australia does. So tired of the clout Christians have in parliament and the BS "studies" they use to demonise same-sex couples.
    What are the arguments that they are making against gay marriage over there?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  20. #595
    So Riley/Justin Dennis, everyone's favorite transtrender YouTuber, just made a video declaring that he has, in fact, started taking hormones and plans to medically transition. It looks like all hell is about to freeze over... oh, not so fast!



    Ranting Monkey made a vid exposing Riley's so-called "transition" endaveurs as a total fraud. The totally relevant bits don't actually start until the very end of the vid, at the 11:07 mark. Riley says he feels "slight discomfort" in his masculine body and in the same breath says that, overall, he likes his body and tries to pass that off as proof of his transness, GTFOOH! What transgender person says "well, ya know, I do kinda feel a little dysphoric, but I like my body and not really sure if I wanna take hormones"? Answer: none.

    So basically, his so-called "proof" just confirms what we already knew from his "non-binary queer woman" and "there are more than 2 genders" spiel: he's not trans, he's just pulling his whole facade to earn oppression points. And the scary part is some people are actually falling for it (more on that below).

    He's clearly lying about taking hormones as well. I mean, look at him, he looks no different than he did a year ago. Still no boobs on him after all this time, either. He says he's been on hormones for the past 10-11 months. Every transwoman I'm familiar with started growing breasts well before that after going on estrogen, so that's a bold-faced lie. I also love how he uses the clip of him saying he "might" take hormones with Milo Stewart (another transtrender like himself) as "proof" (LOL) that he said he was definitely going to be taking them (which he's clearly not). "LOL, see? I did say that"! No he didn't, and no, he isn't. Sorry, Blair, but Ranting Monkey is 100% right: you got played. That's what he does.

    Riley hasn't changed, he's still a transtrender and I'll continue to refer to him as such. To quote the guy in the above clip, "I award you no points."

    And BTW, I wouldn't even care if he didn't make stupid f'ing videos like the two I posted above. As a transtrender, he's in no position to say any of that (and still isn't). It would be bad enough if an actual trans person said it, but him?
    signature image

  21. #596
    Ugh I take back what I said about Blaire White. After having watched this abysmal livestream by her over the weekend I no longer have any respect for this person whatsoever. In fact, I now think that Blaire is the most evil, vile, selfish, manipulative and disgusting youtuber I've ever watched. This cretin is so filled with hatred it is unbelievable.



    Full version for context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWalduJU3IE
    Mirror in case video above goes down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbSuykSSrn0


    Holy crap how incredibly cruel this was. This girl Naomi received a barrage of hatred for no reason. Unbelievable levels of bullying, dog piling, intimidation and downright mockery of the girl's traumatic experience just because she's not part of the in-group. It's like being in goddamn high school.

    And not just by Blaire herself, although she certainly was the ring leader in this grotesque display of inhumanity, but even other big, popular youtubers like ShoeOnHead and Andy Warski, people that I have been watching for quite a while and liked until now, joined in on this witch hunt.

    Such arrogance. Such elitism. Looks like their recent internet fame has gone to their heads. Absolutely disgusting.





    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    So Riley/Justin Dennis, everyone's favorite transtrender YouTuber, just made a video declaring that he has, in fact, started taking hormones and plans to medically transition. It looks like all hell is about to freeze over... oh, not so fast!

    If you scroll up you'll see that I already posted about this a couple of posts ago. This video by Ranting Monkey says nothing new. All he's saying is that he's not sorry for doubting Riley being trans. RM doesn't deny that Riley is trans.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Ranting Monkey made a vid exposing Riley's so-called "transition" endaveurs as a total fraud.
    Uhm, no he didn't. RM didn't "expose" anything other than Riley being unsure about wanting to transition in the past while now being sure that he wants to.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    The totally relevant bits don't actually start until the very end of the vid, at the 11:07 mark. Riley says he feels "slight discomfort" in his masculine body and in the same breath says that, overall, he likes his body and tries to pass that off as proof of his transness, GTFOOH! What transgender person says "well, ya know, I do kinda feel a little dysphoric, but I like my body and not really sure if I wanna take hormones"? Answer: none.
    Uhm the kind of transgender who was still in a stage of confusion, just like every other trans person on the planet goes through, maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    So basically, his so-called "proof" just confirms what we already knew from his "non-binary queer woman" and "there are more than 2 genders" spiel: he's not trans, he's just pulling his whole facade to earn oppression points. And the scary part is some people are actually falling for it (more on that below).
    What makes you think that both can't be true? That he is both an SJW loonatic craving for oppression points spouting pseudoscience about genders and a trans person?

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    He's clearly lying about taking hormones as well. I mean, look at him, he looks no different than he did a year ago. Still no boobs on him after all this time, either. He says he's been on hormones for the past 10-11 months. Every transwoman I'm familiar with started growing breasts well before that after going on estrogen, so that's a bold-faced lie. I also love how he uses the clip of him saying he "might" take hormones with Milo Stewart (another transtrender like himself) as "proof" (LOL) that he said he was definitely going to be taking them (which he's clearly not). "LOL, see? I did say that"! No he didn't, and no, he isn't. Sorry, Blair, but Ranting Monkey is 100% right: you got played. That's what he does.
    Right, Riley is a manipulator, we all know that. But just because he is playing stupid word games doesn't mean he's actually lying about being trans, taking hormones or going for plastic surgery.

    As for body changes due to hormone intake, I'm pretty sure neither of us are doctors who can dictate how Riley should look at this alleged stage. Could Riley be lying? Sure. But just because he's not sporting massive jugs right now is no proof that he actually is.

    What I do agree with RM on is Riley's BS "I'm a martyr for the queer community boohoo woe is me" and "my private life is none of your business" spiel. If you talk about your transgenderism over and over online, you make it a matter of public discussion. And no one forced you to talk about queer issues. Riley is absolutely being dishonest there at best and manipulative at worst. But still, that is a different issue and not proof of him being a fake trans. Again, both can still be true.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Riley hasn't changed, he's still a transtrender and I'll continue to refer to him as such. To quote the guy in the above clip, "I award you no points."
    That's your prerogative. Just know that your reasons for it are unfounded.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  22. #597
    Ugh. As if it weren't bad enough that a transtrender man (he still is one, I'm sorry) is trying to tell me who I should date/sleep with, Riley's girlfriend, Neonfiona recently came out with a video of her own calling people bigots for not including trans people in their dating/sex pool.

    Riley's clearly poisoning her mind with this crap.



    Like Riley and others echoing his vile sentiments, Neon immediately tries to backpedal from her words by saying "you don't have to have sex with a trans person". The thing these people keep missing is that, SPOILER: they are basically saying that by calling them transphobic for not wanting to date/have sex with someone who's trans. I love how they try to argue that someone is literally entitled to the contents of your underpants because of their minority status (or supposed minority status in the case of Riley) and then say "you're allowed to have your preferences", Walking Contradiction 101. And here I was thinking this retarded line of thought only existed on Tumblr, I was wrong.

    This guy, who's made numerous vids ripping her boyfriend for just some of the stupid he says, made an excellent vid response:



    And BTW, he's also not sorry about any of the things he's said about Riley/Justin or falling for his manipulation tactics (because that's what it is):



    Me, neither.
    Last edited by KManX89; 10th Jul 2017 at 17:13.
    signature image

  23. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Riley's clearly poisoning her mind with this crap.
    You're being too easy on her. These SJW loons poison their own mind. She's not some victim who can't think for herself. She's an adult. She chose to be a close minded bigot herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    The thing these people keep missing is that, SPOILER: they are basically saying that by calling them transphobic for not wanting to date/have sex with someone who's trans.
    Plus, there is no such thing as "transphobia" in the first place. Yet another BS term made up by SJWs to police other people's thoughts and opinions, and force "tolerance" through manipulative shame tactics.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    And here I was thinking this retarded line of thought only existed on Tumblr, I was wrong.
    Heh if only. I used to think this was just some Tumblr nonsense, too. Then I red-pilled and learned that this stuff is e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. From universities to high school. From media to Hollywood celebrities. From company policy to actual government legislation.

    In Canada you can go to jail if you fail to use someone's "preferred pronouns".

    In Scandinavian countries the government can take your children away from you if you refuse to support your child's delusion that he is "gender fluid".

    Fing madness, dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    (he still is one, I'm sorry)
    [..]
    (or supposed minority status in the case of Riley)
    [..]
    (because that's what it is)
    lol you're as irrational and stubborn as the SJWs. Congratulations


    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    LMAO @ Ranting Monkey "Blaire White is a nice person" at 15:50. No she isn't. Not by a long shot. She's more intolerant and manipulative than Dennis Riley himself

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  24. #599
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    What are the arguments that they are making against gay marriage over there?
    I can't seem to find them quickly, but they are in the vein of:

    - SS couples cause more dysfunctional/unstable families, drug abuse and crime
    - Marriage is owned by the church
    - Religious people will be more discriminated against
    - SS marriage advocates don't actually know the "against" argument

    I think they often forward biased research papers that come from places where SS marriage is legalised, which is why I can't find them directly. But this one is a "woe is us" article from the ACL director.
    signature image

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •