Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: [WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

[WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

Post Tomb Raider 2013

Post Rise of the Tomb Raider

RotTR TOMB RAIDER #1 Releasing 17 February 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    Lara Croft is pursuing a lost truth about the world that just might unlock the secret to defeating death! She becomes entangled in a search for a rare mushroom said to grant immortality and a lethal new enemy that just won’t die!

* Continuing where the Rise of the Tomb Raider game left off!
    Preview:

RotTR TOMB RAIDER #2 Releasing March 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    To discover the true nature of the soul, Lara is drawn into a hunt for a rare mushroom said to grant immortality. However, she’s not the only one in pursuit--the Knights of the Spore will stop at nothing to take Lara down!

* Continuing where the Rise of the Tomb Raider game left off!
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #3 Releasing April 2016

(click image to enlarge)]
    Lara and Jonah travel to China in search of a cave said to house an immortality-granting mushroom! However, a monsoon, the lethal Knights of the Spore, and disappearing allies and supplies could spell death for them both!
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #4 Releasing 18 May 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    Fighting for survival in a raging river, Lara must abandon the team’s provisions. She is undersupplied and on the trail of the dangerous, immortality-seeking Knights of the Spore—and the looming darkness within the jungle descends!
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #5 Releasing June 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    Lara arrives at a cave in pursuit of Professor Demur.

He has been taken captive by the Knights of the Spore, who seek to use his knowledge to locate a mushroom to grant immortality!
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #6 Releasing July 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    Professor Demur has located a mushroom said to grant the impossible in a feat that nearly cost him his life—and Lara’s! However, danger still lingers, and it’s stalking Lara Croft!
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #7 Releasing August 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    After the events of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara Croft's life hasn't gotten any easier! After defeating an army of zealots bent on finding the secrets of immortality, Lara now turns her attention back home. Sam Nishimura has been moved from prison to a mental hospital. But when Lara gets word that Sam has escaped, she drops everything to help her friend and confront the evils she faced on Yamatai once and for all
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #8 ReleasingSeptember 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    Following the events of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara Croft’s life gets more complicated. Lara thought she was on a simple mission to find her missing friend Sam, but after an encounter with the Order of Trinity, she realizes that things aren’t quite so simple. Haunted by her memories of Yamatai, Lara is determined to rescue her friend, whatever the cost. But the specter of Himiko the Sun Queen looms large in Sam’s life and threatens to consume her completely!
    • Continuing where the Rise of the Tomb Raider game left off!
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #9 Releasing October 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    Escaping from a mental institution was just the beginning. Now Sam Nishimura is making her way across Europe and leaving a trail of destruction in her wake, gathering followers to her violent cause. Lara Croft and Jonah are on the case, trying to rescue Sam from the mysterious force that has overtaken her. But as haunting memories of Yamatai resurface and the sinister Order of Trinity gets more involved, this search-and-rescue mission becomes so much more.
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #10 Releasing November 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    As the destructive Priestess of the Sun Himiko consumes Sam Nishimura’s mind, Lara Croft desperately searches for a way to save her friend. From a university library to an underground séance, Lara will go anywhere to find answers. But with Trinity on her tail and Sam getting more lost every minute, Lara is running out of time to find the answers.
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #11 Releasing December 2016

(click image to enlarge)
    Lara Croft is intent on saving her friend Sam Nishimura from the grip of the sun goddess Himiko. Trinity, the shadowy organization with ties to Lara’s father, is after Sam for their own sinister reasons. Lucky for both of them, Sam is easy to find these days: she’s leaving a path of destruction in her wake, on an international quest to fully sacrifice herself to Himiko. When everyone’s paths converge, Lara finds herself facing off against both old friends and old enemies.
    Preview:

RotTR Tomb Raider #12 Releasing January 2017

(click image to enlarge)
    Sam Nishimura has killed Lara Croft. Or at least, she thinks she has. With Lara out of the way, Sam, possessed by the Sun Goddess Himiko, plans to return to Yamatai and ascend her ancient throne. But Lara Croft is the ultimate survivor, and she’ll do anything to save a friend. It’s a battle for Sam’s soul as Lara faces off against Himiko once and for all!
    Preview:

Last edited by Rai; 9th Dec 2016 at 19:55.

Visions? What they're having nightmares or something?

Anyway, good to see another comic will come out, it probably means the next game can't be too far ahead.

Hmmm. I wonder when the first issue will come out. So, she's still

waaait. So maybe the cover art is part of her visions? Or is she still on Yamatai?

^The first issue is out 26 February. say Dark Horse Comics. I wonder why CD aren't advertising this at all.

I like that the comics are sort of concentrating on Lara and Cos' lives after Yamatai, that the adventure isn't just forgotten like nothing happened. Eventually, the comics will lead into the next. It's good that there's a continuation from one adventure to the next, even if the next actual adventure is not a direct sequel story wise.

I WANT THIS SO MUCH! SCREW THE DEF ED, I WANT PAPER AND PICTURES AND WRITING!!!

*screams*

On a side note, what do you guys mean 'the first issue'? Isn't 'The Beginning' comic, the first issue?

EDIT: Having clicked on link you put above, Rai. I can only express... MORE EXCITEMENT!!!!!! XD
    signature image

I'm fairly sure The Beginning was a one shot special edition, ie #1 will already pick up where the adventure ended.

TB was 52 pages long, and the entry page on Dark Horse say issue 1 is 32 page long. They could have broken it down and spread across two issues, but then the synopsis for issue 2 would be way off.

Wait - forget all that. It's written right there lol: "Superstar writer Gail Simone picks up Lara Croft’s story where the smash hit Tomb Raider game left off—in a new ongoing comics series!"

Visions? As in hallucinations and stuff? Awesome. Just what wanted from the comic/sequel/later story. *giddy*

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    Visions? As in hallucinations and stuff? Awesome.
    Maybe they consumed the mushrooms found in the level just after Roth died.

Talking about The Beginning, does anyone know of anywhere where I could get that in the UK other than ebay? The only other place I've seen is Amazon.com.

I got mine from Amazon.com, Rai.
    It actually wasn't that expensive, delivery was moderately quick and it was wrapped up in a tight blue waterproof sheet to keep it safe.
    signature image

^I wasn't sure they'd deliver to the UK. I'll have to see when I next get paid. I've pre ordered the Feb issue though.

Yeah, just log into the .com site with your .co.uk account

I'll have to wait until after Xmas to pre-order the new ones
    signature image

Tomb Raider comic #2 preorder?

So.. I found this? It's a link to a site that has the second Tomb Raider comic up for pre order. Hmmmm.......
    http://www.tfaw.com/Comics/Profile/T...er-2___444231/
    Is this real? The synopsis sounds great. <3
    Synopsis: Lara Croft and her friends are experiencing horrific visions in the aftermath of their ordeal in the lost kingdom of Yamatai. But those visions herald a darker fate than they could have imagined!

Please no PTSD...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

PTSD?

That is the site that Dark Horse Comics are using to sell the comics. I went through them to pre order the first comic, so I assume it is the same for the 2nd. That is the same description Dark Horse are using, so I think it is safe to assume that it is correct. . It gives enough to makes us wonder.

BTW, just a heads up, but there is already a discussion going on for the comics: Here

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Please no PTSD...
    The synopsis could be interpreted that way but personally it's giving me some curse vibes...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    PTSD?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttra...tress_disorder

BTW, just a heads up, but there is already a discussion going on for the comics: Here
    Ta

Will merge the threads later on.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    The synopsis could be interpreted that way but personally it's giving me some curse vibes...
    Curse vibes? As is, the crew is cursed by Himiko and causing hallucinations or something?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Curse vibes? As is, the crew is cursed by Himiko and causing hallucinations or something?
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Since the synopsis says it's Lara AND her friends experiencing the visions and that these visions "herald a darker fate" makes me think it's not just PTSD and the first thing that popped into my head was CURSE!
    signature image

I need to read The Beginning comics fast.

Then start #1 and continue the comic series.

There is already a thread on this in the general section, but still, exciting!
    signature image

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens?
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
    I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens?
    Because you are doing it wrong. You must put your money in the DVD slot,

Yeah, that's what I meant. Since the synopsis says it's Lara AND her friends experiencing the visions and that these visions "herald a darker fate" makes me think it's not just PTSD and the first thing that popped into my head was CURSE!
    Putting it like that, I see how you make that assumption now. That certainly sounds plausible

Ohhh. Thanks. Hmmm, maybe a little, but it mentions visions. Mathias was getting visions/dreams that Himiko sent him (according to him), so I'm thinking it's not necessarily PTSD alone but something more sinister going on.

This is the vibe I was thinking of too. Sounds interesting. Also kinda sorta fits with Reflecting back.

Cool. I hope they are cursed. And Lara has to do some before she dies.

Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast