Rise of the Tomb Raider | An Xbox Exclusive

June 2014

Community Q&A | Camilla Luddington Answers About ROTTR
    Camilla Luddington's Return Confirmed
    Rhianna Pratchett confirms work on ROTTR
    Official TR10 Media
    Rise of the Tomb Raider Press Release
    Rise of the Tomb Raider Announcement Tweet
    Rise of the Tomb Raider Announcement (Official Press Release)
    ---------------------------------------
    April 2014

First Tomb Raider 2 details leaked
    Nov 2013

Tomb Raider Sequel is ‘Next chapter of Lara’s development’ - Brian Horton

Earlier this year Square Enix launched the critically acclaimed reboot of the Lara Croft story, Tomb Raider. The first chapter in a new series, it’s no surprise that work has already begun on the sequel, though it seems as though development is moving at a swifter pace than some may be expecting.

At last week’s Bradford Animation Festival (BAF), Brian Horton, Senior Art Director at Crystal Dynamics, gave a presentation discussing the history of Lara Croft and the development of this reboot. Covering everything from the redesign of the character to the processes went through in order to make her a more believable heroine, Horton was clearly proud of what he and his team had created. Following the talk Horton was open to questions from the floor, and the inevitable suggestion of a sequel didn’t take too long to come around.

“We’ve announced the sequel… I’m glad I can finally talk about!” Stated Horton. “The Tomb Raider sequel is the next chapter of [Lara’s] development… her life is changing. She can’t go back to the way she was.”

Horton stated that the team at Crystal Dynamics had worked hard to create techniques and tools that would exist beyond a single videogame, notably stating the development of TressFX with AMD. Horton keenly stated that TressFX was still being worked on and that it was most certainly a ‘next-gen’ technology. Of course, Tomb Raider was infamous suggested to be a disappointment for Square Enix despite remarkable sales, and so when Horton was pressed about the budget for the sequel he was noticeably uncomfortable.

“We don’t talk about our budgets… it’s a well financed game,” stated Horton before admitting: “We’re not spending any more on a sequel than on the original game.”

No release date, platforms or plot details have yet been revealed for the next title in the Tomb Raider franchise, though Horton’s willingness to discuss the project suggest that it is further in development than many might expect. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on the Tomb Raider videogame franchise.
    Aug 2013

Next-Gen Sequel to Tomb Raider Confirmed!

Good morning all! Some great news from Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Studios, below.*
    “Hi - you may have read today that a next-generation sequel to Tomb Raider is in the works. We’re very excited to confirm that the team has started working on telling the next chapter in Lara’s tale. It’s still early days, so I’m afraid I can’t provide any further details for now save my assurance that we’re not resting on our laurels and acclaim from Tomb Raider’s recent successes, but working hard to raise the bar even higher and re-affirm the faith you’ve shown.”
    The sequel was mentioned on a blog from Phil Rogers today. To read the complete blog, which has some great insight into Square Enix’s future plans, click here.
    Jun 2013

Noah Hughes talks future of TR in official forum Q&A

Valenka: Tomb Raider has had its share of original themes as well as "real-world" elements (Mjolnir and Excalibur, Hel and Valhalla, even Queen Himiko); do you have any plans to continue referencing real themes, such as the Croatoan mystery, as hinted to at the end of Tomb Raider?

Blackrook: The reboot featured an extremely focused story for Lara and her Endurance crew peers. Is it possible we'll see a more player-influenced narrative for the characters in a potential sequel?
    Last edited by Valenka; 28th Aug 2016 at 20:24. Reason: formatting fix.

7 reasons why Lara Croft is the Gaming Heroine of 2013

Check out this Article that celebrates Lara Croft and her exceptional reappearance to our gaming screens in Tomb Raider 2013!

http://whatculture.com/gaming/7-reas...ine-2013.php/8

Why SE or Crystal Dynamics didn't release at least trailer gameplay or trailer cinematic (GC) in the PAX, or they are saving it for the next E3 coming?

Good to see the Times back.

Though I was expecting to see the thread title as "Rise of The Times".

^

Anyone interested in keeping The Times updated, BTW?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I'd be honoured to. I'll have a heap of free time and Lord knows I'll be doing my own digging around ROTTR.
    signature image

^ Awesome. So are you on the forum every day?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Every day, usually every hour if I'm not at work or sleeping; the longest I've gone without checking the forums is three hours.
    signature image

I love your dedication

Alright, I'll put the OP of the thread onto your name for now so that you can start editing and adding news bits. Later on we'll do it more "officially" with the Tomb Raider account

Edit: all set!

Awesome! Glad to be of help!
    signature image

Anyone has a source link to the official announcement press release text?

I have this from DSOGaming: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rise-o...ails-unveiled/

No source to trace back to, unfortunately, but it does quote Darrell Gallagher. However, without a source, the credibility would be nought if we weren't keeping up with development ourselves.

I can't seem to find an official announcement anywhere aside from the trailer.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Anyone has a source link to the official announcement press release text?
    Yes, I have.

Out of curiosity, is Camilla voicing lara AND acting as her? Her voice in the trailer sounded totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    Out of curiosity, is Camilla voicing lara AND acting as her? Her voice in the trailer sounded totally different.
    I think she does everything; both motion capturing (face as well) and voice acting. But I agree, her voice sounds very weird in the trailer. Almost like.... OLD LARA?????!

Camilla's been confirmed as returning to voice Lara, but there hasn't been a direct confirmation on the motion capture; however, seeing as how they had her record motion capture for the previous game, it's a safe bet she's doing it for ROTTR as well.
    signature image

new blogpost from officialtombraiderblog

We’re having an E3 sale at our Tomb Raider store! Check it out at www.tombraiderstore.com. We even have some new merchandise for “Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris” included in this sale!

Fanart: “TR Reborn” by Baranha

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Camilla's been confirmed as returning to voice Lara, but there hasn't been a direct confirmation on the motion capture; however, seeing as how they had her record motion capture for the previous game, it's a safe bet she's doing it for ROTTR as well.
    Also Camilla said on twitter she did the motion capture for the trailer, so I think that's most likely an indication that she'll be doing it for the game as well. It would be pretty random circumstances to have her do it for the trailer, but not the game.
    signature image

Of course Camilla will do both voice and mocapping.

I have this from DSOGaming: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rise-o...ails-unveiled/

No source to trace back to, unfortunately, but it does quote Darrell Gallagher. However, without a source, the credibility would be nought if we weren't keeping up with development ourselves.

I can't seem to find an official announcement anywhere aside from the trailer.
    Hmm, it seems that the official press release wasn't posted on neither of the official blogs (tombraider tumblr and SE blog) so that's why I guess it's a bit hard to find.

Alright, that link will do then. Can you add that to the OP, as well as the contents from this post http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...6&postcount=47 <- earliest post quoting the full official press release.

How can I attach the press release text?

Can I have the Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer subtitles, please?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce86 View Post
    How can I attach the press release text?

Can I have the Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer subtitles, please?
    Is it any different than this text? If not, we got it covered, thanks

There are different language versions of the trailer on the official TR YT channel. There are no official separate subtitles for the trailers AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Alright, that link will do then. Can you add that to the OP, as well as the contents from this post http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...6&postcount=47 <- earliest post quoting the full official press release.
    Done and done.
    signature image

Fanart: “Croft”*by martialartist11

Done and done.

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast