Thread: Blood Omen 2 Extract Models

Blood Omen 2 Extract Models

Don't know if this is common knowledge or not but i managed to rip the models from BO2 using 3D ripper DX and DX ripper, Turns out you just need the fmv's disabled in the config

Anywho dont know if this is usefull to any 1 but hey there you go

Can't we use them to switch Kain's outfits throughout the game?

if the ripped models can be reinserted again, then yes. thought i have no idea if this is possible
    signature image

They can't be yet, unfortunately.

D: too bad. The only cool outfit that Kain has in blood OmenII is the first one. I would like to use that one in all stages.

i know this is a necropost, but does anyone know how to make 3d ripper dx work with blood omen 2? i was thinking about ripping kain`s model and redoing some of my texture work. but when i try to launch the game all i get is a message. unable to complete process. i am on windows 7 64 bit. and yes i have disabled fmv`s
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Uggabugg View Post
    i know this is a necropost, but does anyone know how to make 3d ripper dx work with blood omen 2? i was thinking about ripping kain`s model and redoing some of my texture work. but when i try to launch the game all i get is a message. unable to complete process. i am on windows 7 64 bit. and yes i have disabled fmv`s
    There's a guy on the Legacy of Kain Fans facebook group that knows how to extract BO2 models. I'd assume he's been using something 3D ripper rather than some bespoke extraction tool (that I might yet try to write one day). I'm not sure If I should post his name here, but I can tag him if you post in that group.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

you know a program actually made to rip models from blood omen 2 would make my life a lot easier, im just saying is all
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Uggabugg View Post
    you know a program actually made to rip models from blood omen 2 would make my life a lot easier, im just saying is all
    There's a Soul Spiral on it's way very soon with Blood Omen 2 support. I don't plan on adding support to ModelEx just yet, but the Soul Spiral update will at least let you separate the model files out of the *.big archives. There's lots of text in them, so it shouldn't be too hard for other people to figure out if they've done it in other games.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Out of curiosity Vampmaster, will it be possible to recreate that glowing effect seen on the console that happens when vampires "talk" to each other?

Quote Originally Posted by mackdanny View Post
    Out of curiosity Vampmaster, will it be possible to recreate that glowing effect seen on the console that happens when vampires "talk" to each other?
    I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean fonts or some sort of particle effect? The updated tool separates all the files from the archives. Some, such as the textures may be in a common format that tools online can already read. Others are unique to Crystal Dynamics and would need new tools inventing in order to be read.

I think he might be talking about the glowing effect associated with a vampire using 'the Whisper'. It's not seen on the PC release, but is pretty noticable in PS2
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Bazielim View Post
    I think he might be talking about the glowing effect associated with a vampire using 'the Whisper'. It's not seen on the PC release, but is pretty noticable in PS2
    Yes... this.

Its noticeable on PS2, Gamecube, I can't confirm if it's on the Xbox but I wouldn't see why not.

While I enjoy these games, this was during a time when console ganeplay generally looked better than PC. Shoot, back then, a gpu that DID make games better looking than console usually cost more than a console itself, sometimes 2 consoles. But we have come a long way and now things have changed.

But I digress.

At the same time, I worry restoring said effect may be difficult... similar to controlling the behaviors of the reaver in SR1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by mackdanny View Post
    Yes... this.

Its noticeable on PS2, Gamecube, I can't confirm if it's on the Xbox but I wouldn't see why not.

While I enjoy these games, this was during a time when console ganeplay generally looked better than PC. Shoot, back then, a gpu that DID make games better looking than console usually cost more than a console itself, sometimes 2 consoles. But we have come a long way and now things have changed.

But I digress.

At the same time, I worry restoring said effect may be difficult... similar to controlling the behaviors of the reaver in SR1/2.
    That would need a DirectX hack. It's doable, but would need some digging. There are other a lot of other projects I want to finish first. This post from Wrace0, while not suitable tor adding more polygons to a character model, something along these lines could certainly be adapted to tweak the render options to give an effect like that. The specifics would depend on whether BO2 uses shaders or the fixed function pipeline.
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...73#post2219073

Take your time.