Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which sites do you visit daily?

Question Which sites do you visit daily?

Aside from this one

Just curious where people spend their time online.
    Sites I visit daily are:

www.bluesnews.com (lists the latest gaming news + tech news)

www.demorgen.be (in Dutch, site from a newspaper)
    www.tweakers.net (in Dutch, technology related news)
    www.vbforums.com (forum for discussion about the visual basic programming language)

http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/ (forum for SE's sleeping dogs)

Gmail and hotmail.

www.operationsports.com/forums/ - a forum for discussing sports and sports games
    www.youtube.com
    www.yahoo.com - for my daily news hehe, I don't watch t.v.
    www.nba.com - bAsKeTbAlL
    www.facebook.com

Ign
    Gameinformer
    Facebook
    DeviantArt

Others vary, but those I visit primarily each day.

There are only a few I visit every day:

http://chaoscascade.yuku.com/ My forum, because it's mine!
    https://twitter.com/ Twitter. The best news feed ever. Even though it may mess up my grammar very badly!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/ The Telegraph, currently Britain's most reliable national newspaper for actual news.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ The Sun, which is Britain's best newspaper for sport.
    Yahoo.com to check my e-mail. Incredibly reliable service.

There are huge numbers of others I check every few days, but that's about it for guaranteed every day visits.
    signature image

Hotmail/Outlook (for email)
    Facebook
    BBC News
    Ars Technica
    CBC News
    http://www.sixthnation.net/
    http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php
    Here (trying to make it daily again)
    reddit

Hmm, lemme see...

I don't go on-line every single day but when I do I tend to visit the following:

• Daily Mail (UK) news site
    • Linked In
    • My Email
    • Eidos Community Chat
    • My Fitness Pal
    • Memebase/Failblog

I used to visit Facebook daily but recently decided I just don't trust it any more.
    Whits fur yell no go by ye.

I've never trusted Facebook, so don't really put much personal info on there.

Facebook.com
    Twitter.com
    Outlook.com
    Gameinformer.com
    IGN.com
    Ask.fm
    Xbox360achievements.org
    Driberchat
    Xbox.com

As you can see, I do a lot of online stuff everyday haha
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira View Post
    I've never trusted Facebook, so don't really put much personal info on there.
    I never either but at least before I could hide myself from search and stop anyone seeing all my photos but I discovered recently that at some point they changed it and so I can't hide banner photos from the general public or the comments on them either.

Tbh, it wouldn't have been such an issue because I never uploaded anything really private because FB can't be trusted but unfortunately there were a couple of people I really didn't want to be found by let alone them seeing any of my personal life.
    Whits fur yell no go by ye.

In no particular order:

• Amazon
    • IMDB
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My own personal website
    • My own commercial website
    • My client websites
    • YouTube
    • Gmail
    • Yahoo
    • TMZ
    • Adobe's site
    • SWTOR's site
    • WC3 site
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

eBay, eBay and eBay. LoL ! I'm even doing it now in another window. A lot of sites I've seen are just full ranters.
    XZX WAS HERE

- Bing is my homepage on IE ('despise Google for its creepy Orwellian attitudes on user privacy.) Plus they've got way cool photography;

- My 'net radio station at Live365 (linked also in my siggy,) is my homepage on Opera - because, well, they always play my favorite tunes. I listen whenever I can because in addition to the strange coincidence of 100% great tuneage, to be a good broadcaster you have to know what your listeners are hearing, and you need to know what works and what doesn't. ('Can't put a Frank Marino jam back-to-back with a Rurutia tune or you could bend the space-time continuum, f'rinstance.)

- Spacedaily.com - 'cause I really, really wanna get off of this rock ASAP;

- Bidinotto.com - as an aspiring writer struggling against inertia to get past the "dilettante" stage, I check on Mr. B at least several times a week if not daily, because he's my guru on all things writing and philosophy, and I trust his judgment completely. He's also a great guy - not to mention a kick-butt thriller writer who shot to the top of all of Amazon's "best" lists for romantic thrillers within weeks of publishing his debut "Hunter." (The sequel, tentatively titled "Bad Deeds," due later this year, he's saying...)

- My 'net-based email (pick yer poison) for the same reason as most people.

- FoxNews and Yahoo for news, because the rest is pure and utter crap. Folks, there's a reason why CNN, MSNBC and the rest of that dreck consistently compete for dead last in ratings. If insistence on telling more than one partisan side of a contentious political story equals "bias," then the word has lost its meaning altogether. (They run CNN on the monitors at the cafeteria at work, and I can only shake my head at the transparent, juvenile propagandizing these people dare call "news." Geez Louise.)

- I'd say Facebook, but I'm consciously trying to stay away from that thing - it's already sucked up massive chunks of my life, and like others here have related, it's a privacy crapshoot;

Wow Kasigi, you think MS isn't watching you with Bing? They're in the same business and doing things almost exactly the same. Their business model is almost identical
    And you use IE and are worried about privacy? Oh boy, you just traded Google for Microsoft
    You are being watched everywhere

News online? It's GOT to be true, it was on the internet
    No comment about FoxNews and propaganda

I come here most everyday. I do Facebook everyday too. I know a lot of people hate it, I used to. But I'm only friends with people I know pretty well. And the privacy thing? Really, if you're worried about privacy you just CAN'T be on the internet at all!!!!
    I hit up Simmer's Paintshop since I'm into a specific type of aviation art.
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

The numerical order, the way I do browse Internet everyday:

1. Banglagamer.com [As I am a News Publisher + Moderator there]
    2. TombRaiderForums [To discuss official and unofficial TR stuffs, video games and everything else on this worlds biggest TR forum]
    3. Facebook [To stay in touch with my friends]
    4. Twitter [To get all the news of gaming]
    5. Eidos Forums [To discuss about TR, Hitman, DX, Thief and more]
    6. YouTube [To upload various gaming videos like TR, Hitman, AC or other titles.
    7. UBISOFT forum [To discuss about AC titles, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Prince of Persia titles mostly.
    8. Beside these, I use loads of RSS feeds with channels like CVG, VG247, GameInformer, IGN, Gamespot, GameTrailers and lot more to get the latest news and most often visited those sites to read and comment there.

Got over 35000 forum posts around the internet world myself. Need to get a life soon.

Nobody visits AOL.COM ?? LOL. Reality sucks ?
    XZX WAS HERE

Legacy of Kain forever!

Legacy of Kain forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    Wow Kasigi, you think MS isn't watching you with Bing? They're in the same business and doing things almost exactly the same. Their business model is almost identical
    And you use IE and are worried about privacy? Oh boy, you just traded Google for Microsoft
    You are being watched everywhere

News online? It's GOT to be true, it was on the internet
    No comment about FoxNews and propaganda
    Geez, I didn't think I'd have to take the time to defend something as innocuous as "which sites I visit daily." But as briefly as possible:

MS may be using search data to shove ads into my face, but ads "neither pick my pocket nor break my leg," as a great thinker once put it. But last time I checked, the Microsoft CEO hasn't gone on record saying that "privacy is only for people who have something to hide," then sent out armies of ugly cars with 360 cams to photograph every home on the planet from the street and post them on the Internet with zero prior consent.

As for news sources, let me repeat what I wrote in the above, but with one word swapped: If insistence on telling more than one partisan side of a story equals "propaganda," then the word has lost its meaning altogether. The attempt to create a single-Party media monolith via intimidation and smearing of media that won't toe the Party line, is tantamount to a push for state censorship - one of the most frightening things to crawl onto the political scene (at least in the USA,) that I've witnessed in my lifetime.

"Perfect's not for real," as Professor Peart put it, but that's not rational to demand in any case - only some semblance of balance, and of absolute independence from government control. Ratings tell the story of what the people want, and that story is of ratings that are overwhelmingly in favor of balanced media and getting more so. People are voting with their remotes and mice - but that story too, is to be swept under the carpet by the monolith. "It doesn't fit the plan," as the 2112 priests put it.

Well I wasn't asking you to defend the sites you go to, but your reasons for going to them.
    I probably should keep my mouth shut but I have trouble with that sometime.
    I was just pointing out two sites you mentioned, FoxNews and Bing, do exactly what the two other sites you don't like, Google and MSNBC do. Maybe not CNN since they're are a "popular" watered down "lite" and sensational type of news outlet now. (They were better once apon a time ) But saying Bing doesn't collect data about everything you look at while online and send it out to advertizes like Google does, or that FoxNews isn't propaganda and MSMBC is is just silly. Fox and MSMBC are IDENTICAL, just two sides of the same coin.
    You could say "I like FoxNews" or "I like FoxNews" because the give me the news or stories I'm interested in." but you can't possibly believe they report in a balance and bipartisan way...or at least if you do you know not what you say
    Sorry about all this Kasigi, but this is a soft spot for me. I'm mostly liberal and I don't mind anyone being as conservative or right wing as they want to be. But I can't stand it when someone says Fox or any right wing news outlet is balanced and fair all the other media is all wrong and terrible left wing communist conspiracy.

If I saw your quote out of context-
    The attempt to create a single-Party media monolith via intimidation and smearing of media that won't toe the Party line, is tantamount to a push for state censorship
    I would have automatically assumed you were talking about Fox News

And corporations? Microsoft and Google are one in the same. They are both large corporations who's only goal, in the end, is to increase market share and their next quarterly profit. Anyone who lives in America should know this is the primary goal of all big businesses. Google has been very successful and all other competing companies are trying to get some of it's success. Bing might have a small edge some places for security but the fact that they rolled over and censored their data for China. That tells you where their bread is buttered.
    Maybe you didn't notice that Microsoft switching it's focus to providing services.
    Again, I'm not saying it's wrong, or bad, it's just the way it is, it's a capitalist country, getting that market share is the main event.

You are welcome to your opinion, but you're also welcome to hear mine in response. Your boy Neal will tell you about the importance of equal hemispheres (I hope we're still friends, where else on this site will you find a Frank Marino fan? )

Nobody visits AOL.COM ?? LOL. Reality sucks ?
    My Boss gets all her new when she checks her mail. If it's not a little snippet of news on AOL, she doesn't hear about it at all.
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

I used to be on Web TV before MS bought it. Web TV's don't have download capabilities. So it was cool to surf eBay or pics. You can't download though. So I was just planning on getting game demos and computer games on free sites. Instead of surfing it's more like a fight arena which is kinda bad. They say it's "not friendly" or something.

Here's a pretty cool game. http://toomkygames.com/games/critical-damage
    XZX WAS HERE

probably boredpanda and buzzfeed the most

MMORPG.com and some reddits (Crowfall / Camelot Unchained mostly).
    Not in the head!

Oh, almost forgot about www.collegehumor.com They used to produce such great videos, but they've gone so downhill. All the best writers jumped ship unfortunately...

I visit Yahoo Auction (Japanese) everyday hoping to find hidden gems for a reasonable price Usually I am lucky to find merchandise that is unavailable in the US, so I go there to purchase video game stuff and merchandise for me and my friends.

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/
    Unfortunately it's all in Japanese, so if you don't speak the language you cannot really use it. Although I am not fluent, I have learnt enough to get by on the site.

swedish Aftonbladet, DN (news). mostly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast