Thread: Final Fantasy III on Steam - Questions and Issues

Final Fantasy III on Steam - Questions and Issues

Final Fantasy III on Steam - Questions and Issues

Running into issues? In need of help? Then first and foremost, make sure to contact customer support:
    Steam Support
    Square Enix Support Center

Also, feel free to discus your problems and questions with other players here in this thread.
    -------------------------

I created this thread to ask if Square Enix will in the future add the Auto Battle feature that the PSP version of the game had,
    i really miss that on the steam version...
    Last edited by Grimoire; 27th May 2014 at 20:53.

[BUG] cant launch with controller plugged in

when i have a controller plugged in i cant launch the game. i hit play on the launcher and it just brings up the launcher again. seems im not the only one lots of people on steam are having the issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239120...2667915893990/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239120...2667929080234/

two threads with people having the same issues.

Pre-orders are not giving Steam keys neither Digital download

Some people who have preordered FF3 are not receiving their Steam keys, me included, SE mail server lagged? there are not keys in stock? what is the problem? I've sent a ticket to support but I've to wait 48 hours before they answer me, Im very frustrated, I want to play

-No graphic options (texture filtering, screen filtering, AA)

-No gamepad hotplugging

-No xinput in-game visuals

-No psp version features (gallery, auto-battle)

-Missing motion blur effects when battle is initiated like the DS version

Square, please stop releasing bad pc ports. You are hurting the franchise.

How the pc version should look:

How it actually looks:

Also, if you decide to go through the whole game with just one job, you will NEVER even master that one job. You HAVE to grind. When you're at the last boss, you should at least have half the jobs mastered by that time without grinding. Poor game design. Either harder enemies or lower job point requirement could have solved this.

Saying graphics are optimized for PC does not mean that you only make the menus and speech boxes into hd...
    Last edited by Sh1nRa358; 27th May 2014 at 21:17.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/apa...antasy-III.php

Should be written "FINAL FANTASY III". Please fix.

I bought the game on lauch day and have yet to get it to work as so many other people..

First of all I can't even get it to lauch on fullscreen. Even though the default settings show the fullscreen option toggled it always, no matter what I change or not, always launches on windowed mode.

Secondly, whenever I press Esc, the game freezes and crashes (FF III.win 32.exe or whatever its name is, stops working).

I also can't seem to change any of the keyboard controller settings.

I have tried running both exe files on compatibility modes, admin mode, turning the screen dimensioning thingy option in the properties' compatibility tab, have updated my drivers and am not using any controller whatsoever since it seems that this also causes issues to a lot of folks

Still no luck

Originally Posted by JCAMatias
    I bought the game on lauch day and have yet to get it to work as so many other people..

First of all I can't even get it to lauch on fullscreen. Even though the default settings show the fullscreen option toggled it always, no matter what I change or not, always launches on windowed mode.

Secondly, whenever I press Esc, the game freezes and crashes (FF III.win 32.exe or whatever its name is, stops working).

I also can't seem to change any of the keyboard controller settings.

I have tried running both exe files on compatibility modes, admin mode, turning the screen dimensioning thingy option in the properties' compatibility tab, have updated my drivers and am not using any controller whatsoever since it seems that this also causes issues to a lot of folks

Still no luck
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/239120...3128744015294/

Try doing these steps

Final Fantasy 3 Bugs / Steam

I hope this is in some way a big help to improving this great game.
    Last edited by Hariharakadan; 4th Jun 2014 at 13:35.

i would like to be able to play for more than 15 minutes without getting APPCRASH error killing my game, why does this happen, it is not just this game but many others

Originally Posted by HeavyMetalJebus
    when i have a controller plugged in i cant launch the game. i hit play on the launcher and it just brings up the launcher again. seems im not the only one lots of people on steam are having the issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239120...2667915893990/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239120...2667929080234/

two threads with people having the same issues.
    Extract X360ce + X360ce libraries to the same directory as FF3_Win32.exe.

Run X360ce and map + save your buttons to match the X360 controller graphic.

Run FFIII, and it should now hopefully launch without crashing.

i dont understand i have played on a OS windows 8 no-legit and now i install my new W8 with legit KEY i cant launch the game!!!!! STUPID!!!

i can launch and run it, but 15-20 minutes later APPCRASH rears its ugly head...

I contacted customer support hours ago, but what is with the "Assert Failed" that prevents you from launching the game? My PC surpasses the requirements to run the game. Square has really lost a lot of my respect because they took my $$$ and sold me a product that doesn't work! I have purchased many games over the years from this company, but until the issues are fixed and the game will start I will be boycotting this company.

is FF II have RegLock for Asian Region ? I`m from Indonesia can`t see the game in store

The game works fine on Steam now so if you don't have it get it. loved it for DS and still love it on Steam,

It works just DO NOT use quicksave