Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Defiance Modding Thread - Widescreen Support, Texture Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis-2000 View Post
    http://ps2wide.net/pc.html#sr3

fixed menus. HUD, fonts, loading screens. 2d effects, etc
    tested with GOG version of the game

**Removed video from quote**
    Did you have to edit the HUD seperately? On SR2, the HUD isn't corrected for widescreen, so I'd be interested to see what you did. The SR1 & SR2 spiral is a strange 3D object made to look like a 2D one, which makes things very complicated.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    Did you have to edit the HUD seperately?
    In LoKD I clone function that scales all 2D layers in game (background, fading etc) and replace in some parts calling of original function on calling a clone function, then fixed position of HUD and other elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    On SR2, the HUD isn't corrected for widescreen
    On SR2 I just activated widescreen that already was in game and than only fixed some render issues. And also if devs fixed compass proportion and some other elements and left spiral as is they had reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis-2000 View Post
    In LoKD I clone function that scales all 2D layers in game (background, fading etc) and replace in some parts calling of original function on calling a clone function, then fixed position of HUD and other elements.

On SR2 I just activated widescreen that already was in game and than only fixed some render issues. And also if devs fixed compass proportion and some other elements and left spiral as is they had reason for this.
    Could I get a look at the function you cloned and where you called it from? The spiral is probably 3D made to look 2D like SR1 or something. It seems to be very problematic just like the wraith blade in SR1.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Hi guys, the Defiance widescreen files worked great but how do I apply the upx file for the gog version of SR2?

Quote Originally Posted by Melchurel View Post
    Hi guys, the Defiance widescreen files worked great but how do I apply the upx file for the gog version of SR2?
    Inside the SR2 directory, hold Shift down on your keyboard and right click in any blank space until you see the Right Click menu. Click on Open a Command Prompt here. Drag upx.bat into the command prompt window (or type in the complete directory if your version of windows is one of those older ones that doesnt like drag/dropping to CMD) and click enter. Let it do its thing until it says it's complete. Enjoy.

(Works for Steam as well if anyone is wondering)
    Last edited by mackdanny; 25th Jul 2016 at 19:36. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by mackdanny View Post
    Inside the SR2 directory, hold Shift down on your keyboard and right click in any blank space until you see the Right Click menu. Click on Open a Command Prompt here. Drag upx.bat into the command prompt window (or type in the complete directory if your version of windows is one of those older ones that doesnt like drag/dropping to CMD) and click enter. Let it do its thing until it says it's complete. Enjoy.

(Works for Steam as well if anyone is wondering)
    When I follow your steps I get an error inside the command prompt saying that sr2.exe is not packed by upx

Quote Originally Posted by splerminator View Post
    When I follow your steps I get an error inside the command prompt saying that sr2.exe is not packed by upx
    It may be a permissions issue (thanks, Windows -.- ) but try this... temporarily cut the game folder OUT of where its located, paste it somewhere like the desktop, try the steps again and if it works, put the folder back where it belongs

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately that still didn't work. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit if that makes a difference.

I myself have Win 10 Pro x64, so no, that's not it. Hmmmm, at this point you may need to screenshot your steps. Just remember if you're going to use screenshots to use the [thumb] tag.

Hi guys, Anyone else noticed that the Defiance trainers won't work with the widescreen patch, the camera functions still do but not the debug menu.
    It works with the modified exe, but I'm running 21:9 and the modified parameters are only for 16:9.
    If I use the patches from www.wsgf.org, I get 21:9 unstreched but no debug.

This doesn't happen with SR2

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678