Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Blood Omen 1 on W 7

Hello, thank to wrace's patches I managed to run the game on Vista, no problems. Thanks! Except one thing.. without the trainer the movement is very slow, with the trainer is a bit too fast.. is there a way to make it run at about the PS1 version's speed? Now I'm not really asking this, but maybe wrace could tweak the trainer to match that speed, or make an alternative version with just this change? It's the only thing that could be improved imho.. Thanks again for all your work on this.

I have a problem that after the inital video when you're in the tavern no controls on the keyboard work. I tried pressing every key but got no response. Any help there?

As for keybinds not working I've got no idea, have you checked your controls option? Maybe in your game keys are not initially set for some reason?

And I have to look into this speed up traineer, I was sure that this 'slow motion' is the correct pace of the game (never played it on ps. first Legacy of Kain game that I played was the first Soul Reaver. It's amazing. )

Anyway, thanks to all of the really helpfull posts in this thread I managed to run my BO1 on Windows 7 with fully working videos (converted from bink) and no problems at all. At least so far . I have one question tho. Is there a way to turn up the volume of voices (sound acting) without raising the overall volume of the game? Slashing monsters and getting hit is damn loud, while voices of the characters talking etc. are very quiet. I have to get my head near the notebook to hear everything clearly. Which kinda ruins the experience as I am playing on wireless keyboard and the notebook was intended to sit far away from me . If I just raise the overall volumes to max I can hear the voices with no problem, but the fight sounds are just too damn loud. I am living at my gf's house atm, with her parents and they have a little kid (~1y.o.) so I cant play it too loud as - of course - I am playing at night. Are the headphones the only solution?? I surely hope not, coz audio output (if you know what I mean, the slot when you insert your headphones/speakers jack) is not working properly. I often have to turn the plug and move it around coz it sits quite loose in the slot.

I am sorry if I am not clear with my message, English is not my mothertongue. If you do not understand some parts of my post please ask me and I will do my best to write a better explanation of what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by jforrest1980 View Post
    Problem is none of the links work for the video converter download. I managed to get the game to run but the FMV sequences are a issue. If the website was not in Russian I coud probably get this running....
    This one works: http://nosgothica.org/games/joi/BO1_jam2bink.exe

And in the future, try to use Google Chrome and turn on the option to transalate foreign websites to your own language. The outcome is well, crappy, but still I managed to find the proper link this way.

Thanks for your attention!

Hi every one !
    Just bought a copy of Blood Omen, and the game is working great. I just have a problem : I actually can't save.

When I walk on the "save sign" on the floor, nothing happens :/

I used the Cuban Raul's Installer, and ran the game to check : the cinematics and the game are running great.

I have a french version of Blood Omen and i'm using Windows 8.1. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Go into your BO1 folder and create subfolder SAVED. It should help.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

I got it up and running on 8.1 64-bit , everything is perfect except Kain and enemies walk/fight slowly. I tried the Trainer with "boost" option but then , it makes it way too fast. PS1 version was normal , but i love PC ver. because of faster loading and its little prettier

Wonder if this could be fixed somehow , it would be great if animation speed can be upped only a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan92 View Post
    I got it up and running on 8.1 64-bit , everything is perfect except Kain and enemies walk/fight slowly. I tried the Trainer with "boost" option but then , it makes it way too fast. PS1 version was normal , but i love PC ver. because of faster loading and its little prettier

Wonder if this could be fixed somehow , it would be great if animation speed can be upped only a little bit.

I confirm this post !!!
    Blood Omen 1 is too slow on PC and if i use the "BOOST" option in the trainer, the game become TOO FAST !!!

HELP PLEASE !!!!

Can anyone modify the trainer for make a normal speed on PC version ???? (look like PS1 NTSC US version)

It is my trainer and now I do not have enough info/time to solve your problems.
    Moreover, I checked BO1 on the notebook of my wife (Win-8 x64 with 2 video-cards - internal one and nVidia) and I saw that BO1-PC can work with normal speed (like on PS1) and without Boost-option of the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by wrace0 View Post
    It is my trainer and now I do not have enough info/time to solve your problems.
    Moreover, I checked BO1 on the notebook of my wife (Win-8 x64 with 2 video-cards - internal one and nVidia) and I saw that BO1-PC can work with normal speed (like on PS1) and without Boost-option of the trainer.

I have found on youtube another guy like me, playing with a slowly PC version.
    My curently in-game speed is EXACTLY the same as it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mggA0aewK5g

In comparison this is the normal speed PS1 NTSC US Blood Omen game :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNBjFK5Sipw

Do you see that gigantic Difference beetween them ??
    Last edited by Kabuto63; 21st Feb 2016 at 01:36.

I said already
    now I do not have enough info/time to solve your problems
    Make the appropriate fix by yourself if you think that you are so clever.

Excuse me,
    I had badly understood your message.
    I had understood that you did not see the differencebeetween PC and PS1 speed.

I presume that to modify your patch requires skills which I do not have.
    Then, for the moment I would play with the "BOOST " option even if the game turns slightly too fast.

I hold has to thank you for your work on your trainer patch

Found a way to get Blood Omen running at the speed of the PlayStation version by using this program called DxWnd. I've made an ini file that you can drop into the DxWnd folder to play the game with the only necessary change being the directory of Kain.exe. I'll post a detailed guide later
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/fah7o1sdfn0arn9/dxwnd.ini

On a separate note, I've been working on a mod that replaces some of the incorrect sound files in the PC version's PILL.BIG file with the correct ones from the PlayStation version. However, I can't seem to make a patch using Blood Omnicide's BloodPill and can only build the entire PILL.BIG file. Is there anyone that has had experience with making patches to Blood Omen's PILL.BIG be willing to shed some help?

DxWnd is sooner bugged utility. There is more simple way to normalize game speed and graphics in BO1 - dgVoodoo.
    About patching pill.big (by comparison) - RDKO in help.
    Or write your own patcher.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345