Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The All New Staticon and Skustings Sig asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Sure, I'll have a go at The Zoo Boy's request.
    Many thanks.

I'm just getting things back the way I like them after knocking up a new PC with bits cannibalised from old PCs some friends had donated to me.

As it turns out, this one is slightly more capable than the one that broke down. But I still have a few issues with the OS.

Still, I'm getting there.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Why not try the Commodore OS called Vision

Alright, TZB, how about this:

Yes, the "manly" bit is a reference to that long running forum gag + your choice of characters for your sig being all men

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Driber, that is amazing!

The thing I PM'd you about that I wanted you to add was:

Raylan Givens:

http://www.knudsenhats.com/images/Ju...y_Olyphant.jpg

and

Revan:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...6f/DSRevan.jpg

Any chance you can add them to the sig?

P.S: Also, do you think that you would be able to add more than those two? Or do you think it would be too crowded/you can't fit any more?
    signature image

Well since you asked me - I think adding any more than the current ones would already overcrowd it. Also, it would mean having to make the current faces even smaller, because I'm already using the max width of 720 pixels.

My advice would be to stick with 8. And if you want the other guys there, then replace some of the current ones.

Also, IMO the first guy doesn't really go well with the line-up. If you want to replace some, I'd definitely choose that one fist.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Well since you asked me - I think adding any more than the current ones would already overcrowd it. Also, it would mean having to make the current faces even smaller, because I'm already using the max width of 720 pixels.

My advice would be to stick with 8. And if you want the other guys there, then replace some of the current ones.

Also, IMO the first guy doesn't really go well with the line-up. If you want to replace some, I'd definitely choose that one fist.
    Okay. Then replace the first one (Driver) and Darth Vader with the two new guys.

Also, just out of curiosity, why do you think he doesn't go well lol?

And do you think 8 is too much then? Or fine. I also noticed how with some characters you can only see their eyes/top of the face. That actually looks very cool. Why'd you do it that way?

Anyway, thanks.
    signature image

Alright how's this

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    Also, just out of curiosity, why do you think he doesn't go well lol?
    Because 1) the pic is very blue, making it stand out too much, and 2) all other pics show the front of the faces except for that guy.

And do you think 8 is too much then? Or fine.
    8 is still okay IMO

I also noticed how with some characters you can only see their eyes/top of the face. That actually looks very cool. Why'd you do it that way?
    You already answered your own question - it looks cool

hehe

But to be more precise - I thought it added a bit of "mystique" to the sig, it sort of makes people having to guess who it is, if only slightly. It also works well because the others that *do* have their full face shown, actually *don't* have it shown because they wear masks/cloaks to hide their identity

Alright how's this

Because 1) the pic is very blue, making it stand out too much, and 2) all other pics show the front of the faces except for that guy.

8 is still okay IMO

You already answered your own question - it looks cool

hehe

But to be more precise - I thought it added a bit of "mystique" to the sig, it sort of makes people having to guess who it is, if only slightly. It also works well because the others that *do* have their full face shown, actually *don't* have it shown because they wear masks/cloaks to hide their identity
    It's great, except the fact that right before Raylan, there is a little mess-up with Revan, who is now there twice. Do you see it and can you fix it?

And now that you point it out, I agree with Driver. And with it looking cool and mysterious. Two thumbs up for awesomenes.

Btw: I didn't mention it before, but nice pic of Ezio. I see why you changed it. Good call, you manly man you.

Also, in your opinion, which 8 should I have kept out of the 10? And do you think Vader or Revan looks better?
    signature image

Oops, I forgot to clean up that layer.

Here:

I think Vader looks better than Revan, so I went ahead and put the former back in.

I also smoothed out the text.

Let me know if it needs further adjustments

Oops, I forgot to clean up that layer.

Here:

I think Vader looks better than Revan, so I went ahead and put the former back in.

I also smoothed out the text.

Let me know if it needs further adjustments
    That is pretty much perfect, except, why is the Doctor missing his other ear? Can you fix that lol?

Also, since you put Vader back, you think it would look better if you put him back where he was (where Raylan currently is now and not-mirrored), basically switching him and Raylan, or where he is now (at the front and mirrored). I personally don't really care but what do you think looks better lol?

Sorry you keep having to do all these changes.
    signature image

How's this

How's this

Raylan has Batman's background.

Also, what is that white between Ezio and the Doctor? What happened to their backgrounds? I just noticed it lol.

Can you fix this shtuff? With these last few touches, it should be perfect!!!
    signature image

Raylan has Batman's background.
    Heh, entirely intentional

I found the background of that pic of Raylan rather ugly, so I cut out his face completely. It looks like a giant waffle, lol. What was that photographer thinking.

You really don't like it cut out entirely and prefer the waffle background?

Also, what is that white between Ezio and the Doctor? What happened to their backgrounds? I just noticed it lol.
    I'm not sure I see the problem with this. It's always been like that since version 1 because the white is the normal background of that Ezio picture. I used one that is similar to this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_qrG4CMyLj...zio+in+AC2.jpg

What exactly do you want it replaced with?

Heh, entirely intentional

I found the background of that pic of Raylan rather ugly, so I cut out his face completely. It looks like a giant waffle, lol. What was that photographer thinking.

You really don't like it cut out entirely and prefer the waffle background?

I'm not sure I see the problem with this. It's always been like that since version 1 because the white is the normal background of that Ezio picture. I used one that is similar to this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_qrG4CMyLj...zio+in+AC2.jpg

What exactly do you want it replaced with?
    In regards to Raylan, yeah, I see what you mean. I didn't like that background either, and I didn't know you did it intentionally.

In regards to Ezio, I didn't necessarily want you to change it, I just wanted to know where it came from lol.

But in that case, I think it is complete, and this sig now has a home.

P.S: Would you be able to make me an avatar?
    signature image

Glad you like it

Sure. Your avatar sucks

Glad you like it

Sure. Your avatar sucks
    It sure does.

Seriously though, it was literally the only pic of an avatar I could find that was able to fit on this forum.

Do whatever you want with it. You have complete artistic freedom.

Thanks for this btw, and for the sig too.
    signature image

No prob.

How about this?

No prob.

How about this?

That's awesome!!! Thanks!!!
    signature image

Exclamation

Hey! There's only room for one Sith around these parts.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post

If it makes you feel any better, think of Darth Vader as a fallen Jedi...or should I say Darth ZooBoy!!!

P.S. What is thy bidding, my master?
    signature image

Big Grin

Big Grin

If it makes you feel any better, think of Darth Vader as a fallen Jedi...or should I say Darth ZooBoy!!!

P.S. What is thy bidding, my master?
    Come up with more good questions for "Ask Umah", my apprentice.

That's more like it.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Come up with more good questions for "Ask Umah", my apprentice.
    Done. Sort of.
    signature image

so anyone up for a new task for creating me a signature Christmas style??

Alright, because you twisted my arm....

What'll it be?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast