Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The All New Staticon and Skustings Sig asylum

Quote Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
    Hi Driber, I both of them are great, but I definitely like having the lightning bolt going behind the tomb raider logo...kind of ties the two sides together. Is there any way to do that with the more "branchy" bolt and use the same image as the lower sig (it seems to have better detail than the upper one)? one way or the other I like how the bolt goes behind various parts of the ship, gives the impression of depth.
    Is this what you had in mind?

Edit: Another version, with less bolts flowing over into the right image:

Quote Originally Posted by staticon View Post
    It's very good.

In what way would you like it improved?
    In his earlier post, he requested "A classic Tomb Raider scene in red figure pottery style".

So I believe he wants real Lara images in his sig (as opposed to the hand-drawn ones) but with the colors transformed and/or photoshop "sketch filtered" to match the black&orange pottery style.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, naraku

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Both of those are absolutely awesome Driber...thank you very much for the new addition, and thanks again to Staticon for making my original...both of you made me a seriously cool sig
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

sierra xb - No problem. That's what we're here for. The lightning looks great. :-)
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

In his earlier post, he requested "A classic Tomb Raider scene in red figure pottery style".

So I believe he wants real Lara images in his sig (as opposed to the hand-drawn ones) but with the colors transformed and/or photoshop "sketch filtered" to match the black&orange pottery style.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, naraku

You're not wrong Driber, apologies to Staticon are in order, as I went to sleep yesterday without looking here. Totally forgot. Here's my long-winded reply.

It's pretty much a rush job, but I'd figured because of the size it wouldn't be noticeable, but it kinda is. Some examples of red and black figures have in fact three or more colors done masterfully, I myself considered adding a third for more depth.

As for Natla, she was my last choice for an opponent, (Cat mummies, Centaurs, Naga, Thralls, Giant spiders, Kratos, heck even Rico Rodriguez from "Just Cause 1-2 " were also in the running) and was to be more dynamic. The lettering was the best I could do, with words like; Mythic, Legendary, Heroic or a quote. But I went with the iconic Lara kick Natla's butt scene on a Ducati with shotgun.

All this nonsense aside, one thing I was sure of, Vase paintings were my inspiration, I wanted it rustic and weathered with a crack or two worthy of a museum type piece. Like something you'd find in a tomb. My humble little signature below is the closest I could get to those ideals without the aid of Photoshop. But IF someone here likes to give it a go, why not?
    signature image

I Made a Signature!

But it isn't showing up, does anyone know why? I just get the sigimage code
    signature image

I can see it and wow it is seriously incredible - one of the best I have ever seen . I Love the colour and great images of Lara through the ages. Absolute top notch work in making it. I hope one day I will be able to make a signiture half as good as that.

She's really good but I don't appreciate the GIF signatures but it's a great job

"Gamer

30 posts and 14 days of membership makes you a Gamer.

Your PM box can now hold 100 messages, you can post your own polls and you may insert an image into your signature, as well as use smilies and text formatting BB code in your signature."
    Extracted from the FAQ just next to the User Control Panel

When you will be "Gamer" you will be able to show your great forum signature

Ah, I see. Just a lack of posts then. Cheers for the advice and for the nice comments.

signature image

Indeed, you need to reach Gamer status.

I see you already added the code into your sig, so when you hit that 30 posts mark, your sigimage will automatically show up

Very nice work on your sig! But I must also agree with Anvie, the GIF kinda spoils the quality. I'd suggest using PNG with transparency, that'll keep the quality high.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Beautiful sig. Love the green.

naraku - I've been playing about with your ideas but cannot get anything nearly as convincing as yours.

So, if anyone else want's to have a go, please feel free. I will not be offended.
    signature image

I think I'm gonna have to side with staticon, it's gonna be pretty hard to improve or even match what you hand-drew, after all.

A couple of quick tests, in case they are of any interest:

I still haven't got my sig showing despite almost 60 posts and 15 days since joining.

Any ideas? Did I miss a switch?

signature image

Big Grin

Call me crazy, but it looks to be showing to me.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Yup, for me too.

If you insert the sigimage code into your sig while still not gamer and then you become gamer and it still doesn't show, going to the Edit Signature page and simply hitting the "Save Signature" button usually does the trick

BTW, looks like your sig was too big and it got automatically resized and because it's GIF, it added those black borders, because the resizing tool doesn't support transparency.

If I were you, I'd make it the appropriate size first (max 720x120 pixels) and then create the sigimage code.

Also, I'd use PNG instead of GIF for that particular image. It'll look much smoother then.

I can see it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    .......going to the Edit Signature page and simply hitting the "Save Signature" button usually does the trick
    Sometimes, just refreshing the browser page can do the trick as well.
    signature image

Could I please have this image as my signature. The way it is is fine but I would like my username added to the signature maybe in the corner or something so it's not in the way.

Thanks.

Sorry the image won't come up here but it's from this website: http://my.spill.com/photo/full-tomb-...context=latest It's the full wallpaper at the top. If for some reason you can't work with it could you make something similar with the new TR game images?

Also, if it's OK to ask I'd like an avatar too. I would like this image:

I know the image will be small but even if you can get the image in the mirror that would be fine. If not, I could find something else.

Thanks very much.

Sure, that shouldn't be too hard. I'll give it a whirl

How's this?

And avatar set

Sure, that shouldn't be too hard. I'll give it a whirl

How's this?

And avatar set

Thanks so much. Neat how you magically put my avatar in.

Cool I have a signature awesome. Thanks very much.

Also thanks for the avatar.
    signature image

heh np

@Staticon- That's understandable

@Driber- I'll reiterate, that I like the third one down from the top, except perhaps with Lara to the Left. So that it feels centered.

With so many artistic members here, I'm sure someone will take up the challenge, so I'll leave it open to any newcomers.
    signature image

Something like this?

Something like this?

So how do I make my sig?
    signature image

Same way as before

You go to your profile > edit sig > click the link under the banner and input the URL of the image above.

http://driber.net/os/userpics/asylum/naraku_05.jpg

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast