Thread: Game breaker: no mute button

Game breaker: no mute button

Game breaker: no mute button

I have heard a couple of complaints about mike abuse and basically I’m adding to them. Literally ¼ of my games have been ruined by other players mikes feedbacking to such a volume that I have to play without sound and without a mike of my own I have no way to tell them to STFU. I love the style of the game and the multiplayer mechanics are pure genius but the omission of a simple mute button (or hell even the ability to vote kick or text chat) has killed the game dead not just for me but a couple of my friends too.

Realistically what’s the chances of this being solved?

P.S - yeah thought I better add that this is on the steam PC demo, and that i have been playing 3 or so nights now so it does not seem like just bad luck on my part

This is the reason I did not buy this game for pc. I wanted to since it looks sooo much better maxed out on pc then it does for the box.

The stupid thing is it uses steamworks, but only sorta-kinda...

Games like l4d let you browse through a player list and mute players, it also has text chat, and push to talk. All of these features are missing in k&l2.

If you have an xbox do yourself a favor and buy it for that, you can mute players through there gamer profiles.

Good thing there was a demo.
    Translating the ancient language with a brain dish.

I need a mute button...some idiot tried to copy the woman singing the main menu song, it was so hideous!

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    I need a mute button...some idiot tried to copy the woman singing the main menu song, it was so hideous!
    Yeah, I don't like when people are trash talking my team in Cops & Robbers. Yeah it's 3 vs. 5, and we're losing, on top of that one the team-mates just stands at spawn point so it brings us to 2 vs. 5. Stop being so proud of "winning".

They should give the PS3 game a mute button.

Question

Why is voice chat even 'allowed' in Fragile Alliance ? ...

Even cops and robbers don't Need voice chat that much , it's all pretty straightfoward anywya ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Yeah, I guess I see the point but it worked pretty well on 360 in Dead Men. But the problem now is that once you have it, you can't have an option to turn it off in game only on the console and as far as I know, PS3 doesn't offer to turn off the voices...right?

Question

You sure there ain't any options concerning this in the option menu ? ...

And try playing some custom soundtracks , see if it can 'muffle' the annoying voices ...

No option, I checked and checked again.
    I don't have any music on my PS3 yet, so can't check it but it will be hard to muffle a 10 year old kid screaming "I PWN'ED YOU".

Question

Isn't there at least one song in this crapsack world that runs for forty seven minutes and the only lyrics that repeats from beginning to end is something along the lines of "SHUT THE UP YOU LITTLE " ? ...

If that song exists , it would be nice to find a Opera or Jazz version of it ...

I actually listen to some Opera. It would be nice indeed.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    You sure there ain't any options concerning this in the option menu ? ...

And try playing some custom soundtracks , see if it can 'muffle' the annoying voices ...
    Nothing in the menu man, and playing your own soundtracks seems kinda the same as just turning off the sound - i want my gun sounds! -

Im hearing that the X-box allows you to mute other players though the profile system - thats great but once again PC players are out in the cold. If i really want to talk to someone ill use steam VOIP.

This is truly the most annoying thing in the multiplayer. Yesterday I had to listen to some dumb kid act gangster and threaten everyone in the game for the entire duration of the game. I had to go and shoot him to bits with my Taurus Judge(Rank1 Revolver-Shotgun Pistol)... There SHOULD be a mute button, considering the amount of idiots playing games these days...

Rolleyes

Thank god for Arcade mode ...

I mean it's either playing with not-so-smart bots or playing with eight people , six of them being those who wants another deathmatch ...

Not much of a choice , anywya ...

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    Yeah, I don't like when people are trash talking my team in Cops & Robbers. Yeah it's 3 vs. 5, and we're losing, on top of that one the team-mates just stands at spawn point so it brings us to 2 vs. 5. Stop being so proud of "winning".

They should give the PS3 game a mute button.
    Give the PS3 game a mute? What happened to the 360? The xbox 360 is like some sort of cloning/breeding ground of kids who speak and only understand trash talking.

You can't even say hi without hearing British *** or gay.

Yes but 360 offers a chance to mute the players through XBox Live but PSN has no such feature and if the game doesn't offer a mute, well we are all dammed.

I don't think the game itself offers mute but i believe you can by going onto their profiles. Not sure, but i doubt i would mute them, i love it when people argue on live.

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    I don't think the game itself offers mute but i believe you can by going onto their profiles. Not sure, but i doubt i would mute them, i love it when people argue on live.
    ^Mute the profile, yes...but that's for Xbox Live

And, maybe you enjoy it but when 10-year-olds are calling everyone a n.i.g.g.e.r , it gets annoying.

Yes i do. I occasionaly slip in a few insults anonymously, causing the arguement to be more intense.

It can be fun you know?

Gamer 1 - You are all idiots, you suck and i slept with your mum's!

Gamer 2 - You little , your dad's an alcholic and your mum is ashamed of you!

Gamer 1- screw you Brit ***!

Gamer 2 - typicall American screw up!

Me - *Whisper* Gamer 1 is a loser.

Gamer 1 - What did you just call me?!

Gamer 2 - It was not me you up!

Gamer 1 - ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

*Team killing between the two rivals rages on...*

That's what happens when the console comes with a headset HAHA

Does the Wii have headsets?

...um, why?

PS3 doesn't include one so you have to fork out few more bucks for a blue-tooth headset or an old USB one from PS2 (that one works too).

Just wondering, i don't know if Wii players can even communicate.

That explains why i have never seen a Ps3 headset...

Rolleyes

Nah , we got a stick with a glowing ball in the end instead ...
    Not even a classic Pointed stick , embarassing ...

I find those bluetooth headsets very uncomfortable

Originally Posted by rntrndrw
    This is the reason I did not buy this game for pc. I wanted to since it looks sooo much better maxed out on pc then it does for the box.

The stupid thing is it uses steamworks, but only sorta-kinda...

Games like l4d let you browse through a player list and mute players, it also has text chat, and push to talk. All of these features acne treatment reviewsare missing in k&l2.

If you haveتنظيف بيوت an xbox do yourself a favor and buy it for that, you can mute players through there gamer profiles.

Good شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاج وحجر بالرياضthing there was a demo.
    me too