Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing at this very minute?

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    What is even more satisfying is a bunch of cardboard boxes. Kick 'em, stomp 'em, punch 'em. The "CRUNCH" as you beat them to death adds to the venting and beats a punching bag every day. Unless that bag is your wife, of course. (it's a joke people)
    Haha, what a great idea

Today is much better, it's Friday after all. I'm sitting very comfortably in my office with jeans and a t-shirt on just thinking about how awesome and relaxing this weekend is going to be.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

I'm doing the same damn thing as yesterday. Today is a little better, just as hot, almost 81 inside may place of work, but I'm not as sleepy and my brain isn't so foggy. However, I have a bit of a headache. And when I say the air doesn't work, I mean it!!! There is no air, I work in a vacuum of creativity here
    Seriously, I mean no air conditioning and no air flow, no fresh air in my office. UGH! I work in a sweatshop!
    (And you'll notice, as much work as I have to do today, I'm still taking the time to visit here
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

I am at this minute thinking up how I can get the noisy idiots (polite considering I can get pretty angry) next door to stop playing they freakin music loud...

Would go round but they can't speak English!

Thumbs Up I have the day off work!

I'm just checking the forums as my power just came back on from an overnight outage. I think I may go eat in a few, though.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Argh, similar thing occured here, Umah! Hence the need to reboot practically everything but the washing machine
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Relaxing. I finished Yoga a while ago, had a lean burger, lol. Now, enjoying the evening

Big Grin

I'm now compelled to watching clips of Shaun of the Dead having loaded the trailer in the zombie thread

It's 104 Fahrenheit. The street in front is closed (0700 to 1700) so I cannot leave, even if I wanted to.

I'm editing some music tapes, indulging in poisoning myself with cigarettes and drowning myself with gallons of coffee while I sit on my patio enjoying the view.

playing mass effect 2 and typing this message right this second ... o.0
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

I'm so sad I am catching up on my beloved Coronation Street courtesy of ITV Player online

Then it's one more cup of tea and a ciggie and orf to the land of nod. I like to have the TV on at night as company so come morning, this episode will have repeated itself on the loop that many times it will be forever etched into my subconcious

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    playing mass effect 2 and typing this message right this second ... o.0
    Enjoy I'll be back to playing that in a few days, once the new power supply comes for the computer. The fan broke on the other one and it was running so hot it kept shutting the computer off... Hopefully, installing this new one, when it comes, won't be too difficult. I've never installed one before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Enjoy I'll be back to playing that in a few days, once the new power supply comes for the computer. The fan broke on the other one and it was running so hot it kept shutting the computer off... Hopefully, installing this new one, when it comes, won't be too difficult. I've never installed one before.
    aaw not good hate it when that sort of thing happens i hope you get your computer running up soon so you can get back to playing the game, this is my first ever time playing mass effect (i havn't played the first) and i must say it is good fun

p:s i wasnt saying its good fun in order to mock you, just saying as a side note...now where are my photon torpedoes?
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

It's 104 Fahrenheit
    Inside or outside or both? If that's inside, that's got to be rough! How do you do it BM? I hate being hot and the older I get the less I can tolerate it. Of course I'm not talking the "dry heat" out west, this is 72% humidity around here. YUK!
    Well BM, I don't feel so bad about working in 81 degree temperatures if you're working in 104!!!

Right now, it's almost 8:30 pm, I'm mellow, cool and relaxed enough to eat some dinner now. What should I have?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    What should I have?
    Steak.

Sitting outside of my pool area, having a Samuel Adams, and a cohiba (cigar). Watching my faithful Sentel running about. My pool area is getting more beautified. Monday, another
    project is under way. It will be captured on video. pending release of "Beautifying the Pool Deck and Landscape" on Youtube in August or September.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    Inside or outside or both? If that's inside, that's got to be rough! How do you do it BM? I hate being hot and the older I get the less I can tolerate it. Of course I'm not talking the "dry heat" out west, this is 72% humidity around here. YUK!
    Well BM, I don't feel so bad about working in 81 degree temperatures if you're working in 104!!!

Right now, it's almost 8:30 pm, I'm mellow, cool and relaxed enough to eat some dinner now. What should I have?
    In the shade outside, and there is no shade. Inside is about 94. I don't use, even though I have, air conditioning.

I am a heat absorber. Like a cat I can lay in the sun and soak up the heat like a sponge.

It's about 6:20 and the temp outside is still 94 on the patio and 88 in the interior hall.

Heat doesn't bother me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    This may offend others or humiliate me. I hope neither will be the case but I find this of interest.

Either way, let us not descend into religious debate.

I am taking this at face value. Just press on the top link of the right-hand menu. This was posted on a psychic medium site. Personally I will reserve judgement but please try not to post anything that may offend others. As many a true psychic out there, there are also a few charlatons. This is quite a long audio and possibly raises more questions than it answers but it is of interest and this is what i am listening to right now.

(Note to mods: Having screened the audio, I make assurances that there is no bad language).

http://www.archive.org/details/DianaSpeaks
    Sorry Lo, absolutely no offense to you and I hope the lap is still available after I say this (you know what I'm talking about ) but if I'm supposed to believe this women is having a conversation with Princess Diana from the after life, I'm sorry I just don't buy that at all. I call shenanigans on the whole thing. I think its a fake, not to say there isn't people out there that are Psychic or Clairvoyant but I don't believe this. Its very sad what happened to Princess Diana and I hope this person is not taking advantage of her death. Just my two cents.
    SWAN DIVE! Into the best night of your life.

I am a heat absorber. Like a cat
    Well BM, it's good we don't room together, otherwise we'd be fighting over the thermostat
    I used to lanscape with a guy who was slow in sluggish in the cold but really picked up the pace in the 90-100 heat range. I always suspected he was a lizard

Steak.
    Pretty close Mwkcope, I had some ground sirloin and nice little new potatoes, it was yummy (I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy )

Now it's a little after midnight, I just finished up some intensive Red Dead Redemption. I got all 5 US gang hideouts in under 24 game hour, that's 96 real minutes. It took a few tries this week but now I can move on to the next activity in the game.
    I'm trying to decide if I'll go to sleep some or burn a few late night lamps.
    signature image

listening 2 Apache by The Sugarhill Gang.

signature image

It's about 2330 my time. I just rescued a humming bird my cats brought in. Both are superior hunters and often bring rabbits and smaller critters in for a late snack.

The good thing is they have thier dinner in the bathtub so there is very little mess (some blood stains and fur or feathers) to clean up. No stains on the carpet, or carci to stumble over in the wee hours.

In this instance Velcro, as usual, advertised "HEY! I GOT ME A CRITTER." So, following the hunting vocal she always gives, I found her with the hummer in her mouth.

I took her prey away, and the little fella was still breathing and did not seem too badly torn up. So I put him in a small box with a little sugar water. About 2 hours later I carefully peeked in and he/she seemed in better shape. Took the box out on the patio, opened it, and was very pleased when the bird jumped out and flew away.

The temperature is still 84 on the patio, and about 10 degrees cooler in the house.

I hit a peak of 104.5 today and it is expected to be as warm if not more so tomorrow. I suspect that it will hit the 90s by 0900.

That was a beautiful, bloody, feather laden story of near death experiences, cats with funny names, hot days and military times. Sir yes sir. Thanks for sharing Black.
    SWAN DIVE! Into the best night of your life.

What you think of as "military time" is used universally. As many of our members are from other countries, using the 24 hour clock avoids having to say AM or PM.

I'm playing Fallout 3...man this game is just epic. I've played it for over 70 hours this playthrough and I'm finally getting close to finishing all of the quests (including the DLC)

Just the conclusion of Broken Steel and then Mothership Zeta left...

Mass Effect 2 will be the next game on my list to complete
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

I finished reinstalling OSX and dual booting with Windows 7 in Boot Camp in the wee hours of the morning. Now I'm studying up on REST services in .NET for a job that I'm interviewing for at the end of the week.

MORE FUN STUFF!
    Did you say Sugar Hill Gang Zoo Boy? Wow, that's a blast from the past!

Great cat stories BM. Although I'd be pissed if my cat (or past cats) had gotten a hold of a humming bird! I'm surprised it lived. Those little birds are so fragile their hearts usually can't take that strain of having a killer cat grab them. Maybe they're tougher than I thought?
    My current cat is an indoor only cat, a first for me. He does get a few real mice since they tend to get in the house pretty often. He does grab clothes or towels or whatever and drag them to me from all over the house like they are great hunting prizes!

Hey Eddie, how easy is it running Boot Camp? I haven't looked into it yet. Can you just follow the on screen instructions or does it take more effort?

Right now I'm washing clothes and trying to decide what I will do with the rest of my day. Should I waste it be doing nothing or should I do something constructive? Hmmmm....
    signature image

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast