Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Thread: What are you Currently Listening to? (Part 3)

Hello

Telephone - Lady Gaga

Katy Guillen & The Girls self-titled album. Great blues band on their way up the ranks. Currently on tour in Sweden, I believe. Had the honor of seeing them live a couple of times, always a great show. And very nice ladies to chat with.

I wish they'd had a different director for that vid. The song's not about race cars at all.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Depeche Mode - People are people
    Kinda suitable considering all those 'feminists' and racists on the Internet...

Thumbs Up

Some very, VERY early Pink Floyd.

Melloowwwwwwwwwwww.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

Picked up a new CD at goodwill

Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

Pelican. No particular album or track, I just load 'em all up in WinAmp and hit "Shuffle". Great band for fans of the Floyd, though I do believe they have their own particular style.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticon View Post
    Some very, VERY early Pink Floyd.

Melloowwwwwwwwwwww.
    Have you heard the "new" record yet? Curious for a fans take on it before purchasing.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Have you heard the "new" record yet? Curious for a fans take on it before purchasing.
    Sadly, I've not heard it yet - and I'm avoiding all the teasers and previews on-line.

My family put a blanket ban on buying new albums and DVDs from November onward in case it has been bought for us as a Christmas present. Unfortunately, it came out during this ban.

Though I must admit, I'm gagging to hear it.

Someone had better have got it for me.
    signature image

Sadly, I've not heard it yet - and I'm avoiding all the teasers and previews on-line.

My family put a blanket ban on buying new albums and DVDs from November onward in case it has been bought for us as a Christmas present. Unfortunately, it came out during this ban.

Though I must admit, I'm gagging to hear it.

Well here's hoping you do then. I haven't hear a tiny bit of it either. I pick it up in the store and look at it and wonder, but for some reason I just haven't broke down yet. It's actually kind of pricey where I live. Gotta cover the cost of that fantastic packaging I suppose. Plus let's be honest here: 'The Division Bell' was not their best work.
    signature image

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris OST. It's magnificent, but Tomb Raider has always had a knack for memorable music!

Getting my deep thoughts on with the help of Iced Earth's "Consequences"...

signature image

. . . . 'The Division Bell' was not their best work.
    Whilst I'd never say there has been a bad PF album, I can think of at least four that are nowhere near as good as The Division Bell.

Though having said that, both the post Roger Waters albums figure high among my favourites.

No accounting for tastes, I suppose.
    signature image

Whilst I'd never say there has been a bad PF album, I can think of at least four that are nowhere near as good as The Division Bell.

Though having said that, both the post Roger Waters albums figure high among my favourites.

No accounting for tastes, I suppose.
    For my taste, no, not their best. But I suppose some would call me one of the "fair weather fans" that doesn't enjoy the psychedelic era of Floyd. I just can't get in to that genre of music, even if it's the Floyd. I'm more of a 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Animals' fan, as far as best of lists go for Floyd. Those are my personal two favorite albums.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Staticon concerning new PF album View Post
    Just had my first listen to The Endless River.

Bearing in mind that there were other people around and I had a thumping headache at the time, I liked what I heard. I'm looking forward to a more intimate listen over the weekend. Just me and Floyd.

First impression puts me in mind of some of the long, instrumental stuff from the Atom Heart Mother to Meddle era - but in a different way.

I would be loth to recommend it to any but an avid Floyd fan until I have played it a couple more times.

Though it does sound good. I always liked the solid keyboard pads provided by Rick.
    signature image

Pelican's record 'What We All Come To Need'. This track ("Strung Up From The Sky") in particular.

signature image

That one's going in my 'reading playlist'

Cool, glad you dig it. The whole album's pretty good. Not always as "mellow" as that track, but still good.
    signature image

Still digging Scofield, from the new Uberjam-
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Meg Myers. I just love her voice and her lyrics are right up my alley. I've been listening to her two E.P.s for a few days now and they haven't lost their "Wow!" factor for me yet...

And not all of her lyrics are like this one. She's got some varied stuff.
    signature image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IUE6lNCX4?version=3&showinfo=0&iv_load_policy=3&rel=0">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IUE6lNCX4?version=3&showinfo=0&iv_load_policy=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">

Such a good song

^^^^ That's Blink-182 for those it didn't show up for (including myself)...

signature image

Meg Myers. I just love her voice and her lyrics are right up my alley. I've been listening to her two E.P.s for a few days now and they haven't lost their "Wow!" factor for me yet...
    This is some good music, bro. Glad you posted it.

At the moment, I'm addicted to the music my father used to listen when he was my age. Currently, I'm listening to the "Fire and Water" album by Free. My fav from that album is "All Right Now".

Quote Originally Posted by IvanaKC View Post
    This is some good music, bro. Glad you posted it.

At the moment, I'm addicted to the music my father used to listen when he was my age. Currently, I'm listening to the "Fire and Water" album by Free. My fav from that album is "All Right Now".
    Wow, I haven't heard Free in a long time. My father listened to them as well. He was also a huge Queen fan, and Bad Company and of course Zeppelin and The Floyd. Music on road trips was always great with him.

Hey, glad you dug Meg Myers.
    signature image

Wow, I haven't heard Free in a long time. My father listened to them as well. He was also a huge Queen fan, and Bad Company and of course Zeppelin and The Floyd. Music on road trips was always great with him.

Hey, glad you dug Meg Myers.
    No way, Bad Company! I love them, too. As for the rest, the taste is impeccable, exactly what I would listen to if I was taking a tour on, say, Route 66. Add a bit of AC/DC, Def Leppard, Kansas and Aerosmith, and we're good to go.

I'm definitely checking out more of Meg Myers. I've been listening to Desire on repeat for two days now.

Ah, so as a Bad Company and Queen fan I have to ask you: Have you heard the Queen + Paul Rogers album 'The Cosmos Rocks' and what did you think of it?
    signature image

I think Mac DeMarco is a really talented man, I'm really anticipating his new stuff. This song is my favourite by him

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast