Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The last film(s) you watched?

The last film(s) you watched?

Could be quite interesting to see what people have been watching lately. Bare in mind I'm not just talking about new films either.

Also, what did you think about it?

1) Death Proof - I've gotta love it cause Quentin is very good at writing some awesome dialogue
    2) Fifth Element - its awesome cause it has Milla Jovovich, Bruce Willis, Chris Tucker and Gary Oldman!

Kick-Ass is the last movie I watched.10/10
    signature image

Thumbs Up

I just returned from seeing Death At A Funeral. It was pretty good.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    2) Fifth Element - its awesome cause it has Milla Jovovich, Bruce Willis, Chris Tucker and Gary Oldman!
    Love Fifth Element. Otherwise I've recently seen Date Night in theaters which was hilarious. And I had a Lord of the Rings movie marathon. It was long.

Kickass
    Clash of the Titans
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

Clash of the titans wasn't that appealing to me, but Kickass was awesome!

Clash of the Titans - pretty much sucks, not recommended.

Really? Clash of the Titans wasn't good? I was planning on seeing it in the next few days...

I started watching Ninja Assassin, got about 4 minutes into it, and couldn't watch it anymore. Psychotically bloody... I can handle like 300 style bloody because that's more cinematic, but Ninja Assassin body parts and brain matter flying bloody is gross to me.

Watched Grave of the Fireflies instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Max 28 View Post
    Really? Clash of the Titans wasn't good? I was planning on seeing it in the next few days...
    ...It's okay, but anything but subtle.

Lots of cliche ridden speeches and overdramaticness.

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    I just returned from seeing Death At A Funeral. It was pretty good.
    Lol, that film started mildly amusing and got really funny towards the end. Really tickled my sense of humor

Last film i watched was Law abiding citizen, really clever action film with a good ending.

Quote Originally Posted by andy3536 View Post
    Last film i watched was Law abiding citizen, really clever action film with a good ending.
    I've been meaning to watch that so maybe that will be my next film on my list to watch!

Yojimbo followed by Sanjuro followed by The Samurai triology

Love Toshiro Mifune.

Like I said, don't recommend watching it. Greek Mythology was ignored (Zeus wearing a full plate? As if...). Dumah's wraiths' short critique pretty much resumes all there is to say about it.
    "Law Abiding Citizen" is a better movie, in all accounts.

I'm curious about "Dorian Gray", though. Anyone saw it?

I don't recommend seeing Clah of the Titans, i went the extra pound or so and saw it in 3D, in my opinion TL;DR it has a very good large build up the final battle scene, then when it commences, its finished in under 5 minutes, its almost depressing And i'm not a fan of Sam Worthington myself.
    signature image

Wow, Clash of the TItans, Kick-Ass, man do I ever feel pathetic. For I saw that Twillight film on Showtime, and man is it ever a low budget film. Never has a film made me feel awkward since watching "George Clooney" play as the caped crusader and the Govenator a cheerful Mr. Freeze.

Though that Bella chick reminds me of my first on-off girlfriend and that Edward fellow of myself. So much so that I wanted to slap that guy, "dagg nabbit eat her you sad excuse of a Vamp/ Guy!".
    signature image

The Crazies. Most excellent horror film I've seen recent years. I recommend it to everyone.
    Trust. Duty. Love. Hate. Fear. Lust. Leo.

Ted Bundy on DVD.

Gotta have my weekly crime fix!

One movie I missed at the theatre and really wanted to see was "Shutter Island". I guess I'll have to wait for it to come on Sky Box Office and get my brother to record in on Sky Plus.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Ted Bundy on DVD.

Gotta have my weekly crime fix!

One movie I missed at the theatre and really wanted to see was "Shutter Island". I guess I'll have to wait for it to come on Sky Box Office and get my brother to record in on Sky Plus.
    If you liked "The Departed" (or just about any other movie from Scorcese), then you'll like it, otherwise, don't stress over it as it's nothing beyond "enjoyable", so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by gh0s7 View Post
    If you liked "The Departed" (or just about any other movie from Scorcese), then you'll like it, otherwise, don't stress over it as it's nothing beyond "enjoyable", so to speak.
    I haven't seen "The Departed", but thanks for the advice there.

I am very selective as to what films I pay to see at the theatre because a great many on release are not to my general liking. I don't like animations, rom-coms, sci-fi and those kinds of categories.

My taste is not as diverse as many other people's and I also find that many films exceed the two and a half hour duration which is a long time to sit in a hard cinema chair if you have a bad back like me!

I always tend to read the IMDb reviews before making a decision. I'm usually a good judge of what films wil. appeal to me.

The last few films I saw at the cinema were Africa, Wanted, Changeling and something with Daniel Craig about a Polish community camping out to evade capture during WWII (the name escapes me).

I read up on Shutter Island but not too much because I didn't want spoilers - I understand it has a bit of a twist so one has to be selective as to what they read. But I'm sure to catch it on Sky soon enough

'Defiance' is the name you're looking for.

Saw Whip It lately. It was surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by dumah's wraith View Post
    'Defiance' is the name you're looking for.

Saw Whip It lately. It was surprisingly good.
    That's the one! Thank you Dumah!

Whip It? Not heard of that one. I live in hope that they will bring out a decent horror flick in 3-D. The recent 3-D offerings haven't appealed. Avatar looked a bit boring to my taste. I just cant get into fantasy, sci-fi type films, if indeed that was it's genre. Well the trailer didn't impress me anyway, put it that way.

The last movie I watched, to get back on track, was Threads. It was not made for the big screen. It's an older production screened on BBC2 about a nuclear attack on the UK by the Russians. It isn't the best quality picture but the story is suitably harrowing.

I won't show a clip since it may scaremonger younger members! (it's hard to find a short clip as it's shown in full on YouTube by way of roughly 9 minute segments), so folk can choose whether or not they want to view a sample.

Aliens 3 was the last movie I saw, not the best of them though.

Don't trust him.It was awsome.

The last film I saw was The Losers.10/10 A great movie indeed.
    signature image

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast