Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The last film(s) you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    I went to see percy Jackson and the olympians.... Lame!!!!!!!
    I need to watch that one still (I've got a few to catch up on me thinks!) mainly cause it has Uma Thurman in and I ain't watched anything with her in since Kill Bill!

Granted she ain't the main star but she's still in it!

The last films i watch were:
    Triangle
    Alice In Wonderland
    They were marvelous i suggest them to everyone ^^
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    I need to watch that one still (I've got a few to catch up on me thinks!) mainly cause it has Uma Thurman in and I ain't watched anything with her in since Kill Bill!

Granted she ain't the main star but she's still in it!
    Haha, she has one of the smallest roles in the whole movie, but you're right, she's still in it!
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    Haha, she has one of the smallest roles in the whole movie, but you're right, she's still in it!
    Tis true but it also has Brosnan in which will make me think of the Bond films before Daniel Craig took over. Also, it has the woman who was in Deathproof in it. Still I do want to watch it as well cause it does look pretty good.

Last film I watched was Die Hard 4!

Ugh, I watched Beowulf (from 2007), and Beowulf (from 1999), and Beowulf and Grendel (from 2005) since I'm doing a project on "modern interpretations of Grendel and Grendel's Mother". If I never hear the words "Beowulf", "Grendel", or "Hrothgar" again I'll die a happy man.

To be fair, both Beowulf (2007) and Beowulf (1999) were decent action flicks, the second had Christopher Lambert and an... inventive take on Grendel's Mother, and Beowulf and Grendel actually stood by the plot. Basically, if you're looking for explosions: go for Beowulf (2007) and skip to the last half hour (you just might want to do this anyway), if you like the steampunk theme go with Beowulf (1999), and if you're too lazy to read the story watch Beowulf and Grendel.

Oh, and I watched Up the other day: loved it!
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Ugh, I watched Beowulf (from 2007), and Beowulf (from 1999), and Beowulf and Grendel (from 2005) since I'm doing a project on "modern interpretations of Grendel and Grendel's Mother". If I never hear the words "Beowulf", "Grendel", or "Hrothgar" again I'll die a happy man.
    OH OH!!! Watch "The 13 Warrior!" It's a retelling of Beowulf, or something like that. It was an attempt to make "entertaining" version of Beowulf. I'd say it's more loosely inspired by the saga though. Still, it would make a nice addition to your Beowulf studies and it is pretty damn entertaining!

It looks like the whole movie is on Youtube in parts BTW.
    About the Beowulf part...
    In an afterword in the novel Crichton gives a few comments on its origin. A good friend of Crichton's was giving a lecture on the 'Bores of Literature.' Included in his lecture was an argument on Beowulf and why it was simply uninteresting. Crichton stated his views that the story was not a bore and was, in fact, a very interesting work. The argument escalated until Crichton stated that he would prove to him that the story could be interesting if presented in the correct way.
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

I enjoyed "The 13th Warrior". It is pretty close to the book "Eaters of the Dead"

On the overall one of the better "Beowulf" interpretations. I've seen all the ones you mentioned, and have read two or three translations of the original saga.

The only thing missing is the depiction of Grendel's mother with any accuracy. In the epic, it is the culminating battle of Beowulf.

I thoroughly enjoy the Eods of the period.

I saw Kick-Ass last night, and I have to say it was pretty good considering how brutally violent and downright insane the action was. I can honestly say it was one of the most unpredictable movies I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I had our jaws on the ground almost the whole way through the movie, and I'll be interested to see if they come up with a sequel.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    OH OH!!! Watch "The 13 Warrior!" It's a retelling of Beowulf, or something like that. It was an attempt to make "entertaining" version of Beowulf. I'd say it's more loosely inspired by the saga though. Still, it would make a nice addition to your Beowulf studies and it is pretty damn entertaining!
    Ahh, I remember that one! I saw The 13th Warrior a loooooong time ago, and as I recall I liked it. I think I may just squeeze it in again...

@ theBlackman: The story itself is good, though a tad short, but when you're forced to read it over and over and over again it can get on ones nerves lol. I'll have to check out "Eaters of the Dead" sometime, I could use a good read and I'm almost done with my H.P. Lovecraft collection.

Also: I can't wait to see Kick-Ass!
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Thumbs Up

My brother and I saw Iron Man 2 this morning at midnight.

Next week: Robin Hood.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Just came back from seeing Iron Man 2
    signature image

@Naraku
    was it any good?

The last films i watched:
    Shutter Island
    Percy Jackson
    Kick Ass

I just watched 2012, that was terrible.

But before that I saw Ponyo! Loved it, another awesome Miyazaki film. ^.^

Saw last night "Kick Ass", which, surprisingly, kicked ass.
    Not bad for a senseless movie... Cage's character dies, which is new. I think. There's room for a sequel, too...
    Next, "Iron Man 2".

I've been in a Street Fighter mood thanks to playing a lot of Super Street Fighter IV lately, so the last films I watched were Street Fighter:The Movie (the one with Jean-Claude Van Damme. It's one of my favourite movies ever because it's so bad it's actually quite good) and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    It's one of my favourite movies ever because it's so bad it's actually quite good)
    Eer, you what.....

Mind you, the same thing can be said about most of Jean-Claude Van Dammes films.

Recently watched Avatar, i know i'm a little late but it was pretty good. Can see why 3D would make a big difference with that film though.

@LARALOVERnr.1- Erm it's not bad, in a word, "entertaining". Though I do have a few issues with it, mainly because it's one of those films whose puzzle pieces fit after you leave the theater. Also it's a set up for the upcoming Avengers film.

All in all it was a film that made me forget I was in a theater packed with people. he he.

Watched part of "Angels and Demons" which left me scratching my head.
    signature image

Watched, law abiding citizen last night (finally) and it was great! Then watched Pulp Fiction to which is my favorite film, its just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by andy3536 View Post
    Eer, you what.....

Mind you, the same thing can be said about most of Jean-Claude Van Dammes films.
    It's just one of those films that you can easily watch for a laugh, to me it's always entertaining. It's goofy at times, has a lot of memorable quotes, Raul Julia's over the top performance of M.Bison is great and finally it's just unbelievably cheesy! What's not to love?

I saw Iron Man 2,it was fantastic!Great action,Great Plot,and Great acting. For my full review,check out my Iron Man 2 Thread
    signature image

Watched "Iron Man 2", a nice action flick, like the first.

Watched most of Rock N Rolla ealier... awesome so far

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    It's just one of those films that you can easily watch for a laugh, to me it's always entertaining. It's goofy at times, has a lot of memorable quotes, Raul Julia's over the top performance of M.Bison is great and finally it's just unbelievably cheesy! What's not to love?
    You should watch Mario Brothers

Or is that too much cheese

Quote Originally Posted by andy3536 View Post
    You should watch Mario Brothers

Or is that too much cheese
    I know that the Super Mario Bros. film is hardly accurate to the game series (When did the Mushroom Kingdom ever become a dingy underground city?) and that some of the acting is pretty cheesy, but I actually enjoy watching it. To me, it's got some weird charm to it...

Well actually it's probably because I enjoy watching a lot of bad films.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast